First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
That is great news. Glad it was a somewhat simple fix, even though it was a trip to the dealer to get the correct battery.
it actually went very smooth
i called the service department and got an appointment, and a customer service rep here , I assume had already got someone up the chain to touch base with dealer.
they said they had never seen the bigger battery in the trucks and once i showed him the spec sheet from ford , he said no problem and i was back out the door in less than an hour
i am not certain if ford got all involved or simply the dealer was followed what was supposed to be it the truck. funny thing is the service still has not shown up in ford pass as service history. this leads me to believe ford was involved and covered it or something
either way i am happy
a side note: this is not my normal dealer and only purchased from them as they had the truck on the lot and would do x plan.
but they go out of their way to address you by name when you walk in, they phone call to follow up service within a few days, the big management in the store are all retired military.
its like dealing with a family member. zero pressure, just happy people, happy about their job and working there...its freaking scary at how nice and friendly they are

the guy that owns the dealership, owns a large logistics trucking company not far away and he must be one heck of a great boss. you can feel the family feel when you walk in, not fake BS.
the only reason i go to my prior deaelr for oil changes is because they vacum and wash your vehicle at each oil change for free and still charge same price as those places that dont.
Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
it actually went very smooth
i called the service department and got an appointment, and a customer service rep here , I assume had already got someone up the chain to touch base with dealer.
they said they had never seen the bigger battery in the trucks and once i showed him the spec sheet from ford , he said no problem and i was back out the door in less than an hour
i am not certain if ford got all involved or simply the dealer was followed what was supposed to be it the truck. funny thing is the service still has not shown up in ford pass as service history. this leads me to believe ford was involved and covered it or something
either way i am happy
a side note: this is not my normal dealer and only purchased from them as they had the truck on the lot and would do x plan.
but they go out of their way to address you by name when you walk in, they phone call to follow up service within a few days, the big management in the store are all retired military.
its like dealing with a family member. zero pressure, just happy people, happy about their job and working there...its freaking scary at how nice and friendly they are

the guy that owns the dealership, owns a large logistics trucking company not far away and he must be one heck of a great boss. you can feel the family feel when you walk in, not fake BS.
the only reason i go to my prior deaelr for oil changes is because they vacum and wash your vehicle at each oil change for free and still charge same price as those places that dont.
Even warranty work shows up on Ford Pass. Takes a while sometimes. Check back in a week or two.

simon

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 701a Antimatter Blue PB
Can you post a link to this spec sheet you have? My 502a lariat came with the smaller battery and auto-start-stop never works due to "vehicle charging" all the time

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Can you post a link to this spec sheet you have? My 502a lariat came with the smaller battery and auto-start-stop never works due to "vehicle charging" all the time
Ford F-150 stock battery 3.5 eco boost battery

William Withers

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Occupation
Cars
Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost Turbo Battery Specs

Battery Size – H7-AGM

Cold Cranking Amps – 850 A. This is the power the battery must be able to deliver to start your car.

Reserve Capacity – 160 minutes. This is the amount of time the battery can continue to provide power in case of an alternator failure.

Battery Dimensions (LxWxH) – 12.375x6.875x7.5 in.

Sponsored

simon

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 701a Antimatter Blue PB
Any way you can post the actual pdf or a link to this PDF? My truck is a 2021. When I showed the dealer this, he said this screenshot is for 2022. Battery is full charge & no charging system codes so basically told me to pound sand. But my auto start-stop never works because of "battery charging". sigh

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yea, like the 2022 neads a different battery than the 2021.
Dealerships can be so ornery

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
my 2022 lariat 502a the 760 cca battery , I have only the truck for a week an so far so good .

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Any way you can post the actual pdf or a link to this PDF? My truck is a 2021. When I showed the dealer this, he said this screenshot is for 2022. Battery is full charge & no charging system codes so basically told me to pound sand. But my auto start-stop never works because of "battery charging". sigh
My 21 5.0 it did the same thing. I have a 12 mile round trip to work , so after a few days of short trips auto S/S will discontinue to function unless I took a longer trip. I resolved this with forscan by changing the battery State of charge SOC from 80% to 90% . I haven’t had a problem since.

TheCleaner

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 eco boost
Occupation
Ex Cleaner
I've had the same battery drain issue. It started with in a month of purchase and took a while for the dealer to believe anything was wrong. Eventually got the battery replaced, all thought it was the wrong battery, the 700. The problem came back 8 months later once the battery had been damaged enough from discharging everyday to 12-11.9 volts everyday. I found a store about the door modules staying on and causing the drain. Just last month Ford told my dealer to replace my front passenger door module, I guess they finally saw the same story. So when the dealer gets the new module and puts it in well see if that fixes the drain. I personally think they are saying the wrong module is bad on my truck. It the rear passenger, the one that doesn't always close if not slammed shut. But I'm finding Ford doesn't like to be told what's wrong by the customer. So I'll let them throw parts at the problem until they hit the right spot.

Sponsored

RMG

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch FX4
I've had the same battery drain issue. It started with in a month of purchase and took a while for the dealer to believe anything was wrong. Eventually got the battery replaced, all thought it was the wrong battery, the 700. The problem came back 8 months later once the battery had been damaged enough from discharging everyday to 12-11.9 volts everyday. I found a store about the door modules staying on and causing the drain. Just last month Ford told my dealer to replace my front passenger door module, I guess they finally saw the same story. So when the dealer gets the new module and puts it in well see if that fixes the drain. I personally think they are saying the wrong module is bad on my truck. It the rear passenger, the one that doesn't always close if not slammed shut. But I'm finding Ford doesn't like to be told what's wrong by the customer. So I'll let them throw parts at the problem until they hit the right spot.

I had basically the same issue with my
2022 KR 3.5L

bought Dec 24, 2021. “Battery in deep sleep mode” starts popping up periodically and then once a week and then daily starting in sept 2022. Dead battery on Dec 31, 2022.

just got warranty replacement on January 3.

we’ll see if it crops back up. I think it was the rear left door issue mentioned above but not sure.

Sky111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost Platinum, FX4/MaxTow/6.5
Since I added a bluetooth voltage monitor on the battery, I noticed how quickly battery voltage drops overnight with nothing on and fob being away. So long story short, I did the following:
- replace the stock H7 battery that was going to 12.1 in 2 days with brand new H8 AGM from Costco (Energizer, however made in Germany!)
- Forscan change from 95% (original factory is only 80%) to 99%

With these changes, the battery keeps higher voltages a bit longer (not as crazy fast drain)

Of course, all of the above does not address Ford's electrical power drain issues, just extends a bit the time to hit "low power mode"

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
@Sky111
May I ask what device you are using for Bluetooth monitoring of the voltage?

Sky111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
the one I got is called Quicklinks Bluetooth Battery Monitor II. It is not perfect, but it did not ask for a creation of user account or anything like that, and I can read voltages not only from inside, but also from outside (need to come close as it is after only bluetooth)

Sky111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
one more comment: I abandoned the crazy idea of getting lithium car battery. it is not only $1200 US vs CAD$300 , but the main concern is Ford BMS that will likely to damage the lithium battery. Yes Antigravity batteries do come with their own BMS, but I am not brave (or crazy) enough to yank out factory BMS. And Forscan does not let you to customize BMS settings beyond type of the battery (AGM or flood), and % it will charge...
Sponsored