stock battery 3.5 eco boost

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
I have seen advertised "Deep Cycle" AGM Batteries. But yeah... a typical starter battery can be taken into the deep discharge region, the issue is how many times. That issue of the active materials having different physical sizes depending on fully charged or fully discharged, means that the battery needs to be built to flex to that. A starting battery can have large capacity but at the end of the day isn't built to use more than maybe 5-10% of that. The ability of an AGM battery to sustain pounding & jostling is its strength. I infer that an AGM battery can be built either as a starter or a deep cycle.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jersey Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 2.7L V6 Eco boost 4x4 F-150
My biggest motivation to pay double for agm marine batteries, is that marine batteries are usually strapped down and/or in boxes in tight quarters. With all the pounding thy endure on the waves, I take comfort in the fact that I'll never have to hassle with removing them just to check the flooded electrolyte, or to deal with corrosion from leaks.

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
might look at that
I did send the info to the above ford monitor
but the take away for me is the wrong battery was installed at the factory and did not comply with the 2022 specifications.
I also would like to re program the deploy-able running boards and have only the side deploy on the side the door opened on, vice both deploying now no matter. I also have to stop walking by the truck with key in my pocket as it wakes up truck and deploys boards. I have turned that off and it seems to turn itself back on .
all are fixable
this forscan change would be for a non powerboost correct? my start stop was removed from factory (y)
thanks

battery.jpg
I have been scouring the web and this forum trying to find what was a similar screen shot somebody had showing the Lariat build battery specs, which show it having the 800 CCA battery standard on all Lariats for 2021. I can't find it, and I looked thru the Manual, and the service manual as well.

If I can ask for your help, where (or what document) did you get this screenshot from Robert?

I was talking about my battery low voltage issues to the Service writer at my dealership. I want to attempt to save the pic for him to help pressure dealer to get the proper battery for my model. Feels like the least they could do...

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I have been scouring the web and this forum trying to find what was a similar screen shot somebody had showing the Lariat build battery specs, which show it having the 800 CCA battery standard on all Lariats for 2021. I can't find it, and I looked thru the Manual, and the service manual as well.

If I can ask for your help, where (or what document) did you get this screenshot from Robert?

I was talking about my battery low voltage issues to the Service writer at my dealership. I want to attempt to save the pic for him to help pressure dealer to get the proper battery for my model. Feels like the least they could do...
it came from ford body builder web site that lists ALL specifications for Fords
this from the f150 section
its usually hidden in the commercial vehicles section of ford
but search for body builder

https://fordbbas.com/publications
then tab down to more vehicles etc

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
it came from ford body builder web site that lists ALL specifications for Fords
this from the f150 section
its usually hidden in the commercial vehicles section of ford
but search for body builder

https://fordbbas.com/publications
then tab down to more vehicles etc
Thank you very much. Way better than going in with "I saw this thing, somewhere, but I don't remember where..." lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Thank you very much. Way better than going in with "I saw this thing, somewhere, but I don't remember where..." lol
or a friend who heard it from a friend who heard from a friend that ford was messing around :love:

PullinSleds

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Engineer

Try this website. eSourceBook. I think page 26 is what you're looking for.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/attachments/2021-f-150-source-book-pdf.831/?force-system-browser=1

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance