Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
BAGM 48H6 760
i am having same exact problem i had with the traded 2021 F250
after 4 to 5 days of no driving, i get a ford pass alert truck is in deep sleep.
last night at 11pm i get this message so i go out and plug charger in and its at 35% capacity
left it charging over night.
i also drove it on tuesday about 15 miles so no way it recovered the loss of starting. but week before we were on the road for hours
started her up this morning to clear ford pass and let her warm up
shut truck off and its down to 85% so i hook up charger.

granted i probably unlocked truck 4 or 5 times in the time frame it sat, to get sunglasses or stuff
my 250 would run down to 50% in 3 to 4 days an d they changed the battery junction box and it didnt help

my big 1k question is if anyone has added a secondary battery to increase amp hr and time on the clock as it were for length of time truck can sit
i have room in my bed tool box for easy 1 or more batteries

i also see in the OM there is an upgrade battery for the powerboost trucks?? BAGM 94rh7 800 why cant i put this upgrade in my truck? battery box is freaking huge and has room
Sponsored

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
My 21 Ecoboost had the same problem. Took it to the dealer and they said the could not recreate the issue so the charged the battery and sent me with it and told me of it does it again they would contact ford. It happened the next day so I took it back and ford told them to change the battery. After they changed the battery the start-stop started working again so it sounded like it had a bad cell. I have since traded it for a Powerboost.

Some people say it might be the OTA updates that are large so you might turn off the auto updates. Some say that if you don’t close the back doors ALL the way it causes power draw, but I don’t know.

I would take it to the dealer and make them do what they need to do which included calling Ford until they are told to replace the battery.

BTW, my 21 Ecoboost had less then 9000 when they replaced the battery.

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
With these rolling computers that you can hook trailers to I'm putting mine on a battery tender if i'm gone for more than a week.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
my 2021 f250 pretty much acted same way, battery always checked good
as does this one so far.
i will make sure OTA is off,
may just have to go back to if not driving a few days, toss the charger on it
so much WAKES up when you walk by with key fob in your pocket so its probably booting eveything ready t go fly
30% charge really caught my eye. the super duty would send nasty notes on ford pass at 60%

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
reading the body builder spec sheet the lariat/king ranch/plat/limited and tremor all supposed to have 800 series batteries vice the 760 cca for eco boost
mine has the 48h6 760 and should have a 94rh7 800

page 33

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
BAGM 48H6 760
i am having same exact problem i had with the traded 2021 F250
after 4 to 5 days of no driving, i get a ford pass alert truck is in deep sleep.
last night at 11pm i get this message so i go out and plug charger in and its at 35% capacity
left it charging over night.
i also drove it on tuesday about 15 miles so no way it recovered the loss of starting. but week before we were on the road for hours
started her up this morning to clear ford pass and let her warm up
shut truck off and its down to 85% so i hook up charger.

granted i probably unlocked truck 4 or 5 times in the time frame it sat, to get sunglasses or stuff
my 250 would run down to 50% in 3 to 4 days an d they changed the battery junction box and it didnt help

my big 1k question is if anyone has added a secondary battery to increase amp hr and time on the clock as it were for length of time truck can sit
i have room in my bed tool box for easy 1 or more batteries

i also see in the OM there is an upgrade battery for the powerboost trucks?? BAGM 94rh7 800 why cant i put this upgrade in my truck? battery box is freaking huge and has room
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

davidb525

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
In my opinion its the charging system algorithm/programming not the battery.

After some research. We have the smart alternators and regen charging for the 12 volt system. The smart alternator is disengaged during starting and acceleration to ease the load on the starter and help with fuel economy. The batteries only get charged to 80% State of Charge. If the battery is below 80% we get conventional charging. Once it reaches 80% then the regen charging starts and only charges during braking. What I have noticed if I charge the battery with a charger to 100% then monitor the charging and state of charge with forscan while driving, the BCM will let the battery drop back down to 80%. The system will float around 80% no matter what. Under heavy electrical loads it will pull the battery down below 80% and conventional charging will kick back in. Once it reaches back to 80% regen charging will resume.

On another note. I went into the BCM with forscan and changed the BATTERY TARGET STATE OF CHARGE TO 95%. Monitoring the charging I get conventional charging to 95%. The system now floats the battery SOC at 95%. Since doing this the truck has not gone into deep sleep. No issues with anything else other than the auto start stop kicks in more often.

Hopefully everything I typed makes sense.

Forscan change; BCM, 726-08-02 (xxxx xx05 00) = 80% Target State of Charge
BCM, 726-08-02 (xxxx xx05 F0) = 95% Target State of Charge

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation

After some research. We have the smart alternators and regen charging for the 12 volt system. The smart alternator is disengaged during starting and acceleration to ease the load on the starter and help with fuel economy. The batteries only get charged to 80% State of Charge. If the battery is below 80% we get conventional charging. Once it reaches 80% then the regen charging starts and only charges during braking. What I have noticed if I charge the battery with a charger to 100% then monitor the charging and state of charge with forscan while driving, the BCM will let the battery drop back down to 80%. The system will float around 80% no matter what. Under heavy electrical loads it will pull the battery down below 80% and conventional charging will kick back in. Once it reaches back to 80% regen charging will resume.

On another note. I went into the BCM with forscan and changed the BATTERY TARGET STATE OF CHARGE TO 95%. Monitoring the charging I get conventional charging to 95%. The system now floats the battery SOC at 95%. Since doing this the truck has not gone into deep sleep. No issues with anything else other than the auto start stop kicks in more often.

might look at that
I did send the info to the above ford monitor
but the take away for me is the wrong battery was installed at the factory and did not comply with the 2022 specifications.
I also would like to re program the deploy-able running boards and have only the side deploy on the side the door opened on, vice both deploying now no matter. I also have to stop walking by the truck with key in my pocket as it wakes up truck and deploys boards. I have turned that off and it seems to turn itself back on .
all are fixable
this forscan change would be for a non powerboost correct? my start stop was removed from factory (y)
thanks

Ford F-150 stock battery 3.5 eco boost battery

Handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang

I agree ……as similar testing no matter how often you may charge up it drifts back to 80%. I run battery monitor and it behaves way different than any battery system I ve owned. That’s great you found that Forscan option. May come in handy

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
In the factory service manual there are some long and tedious procedures in regards to tracking down a parasitic draw on the 12V system while the truck is off.

In summary it basically addresses the possibility of a single module or modules not shutting down as designed or intended. And the fact that some of these trucks have more than 40 modules makes it a bit daunting to track down.

I think I remember seeing that it can take up to 75 minutes for the truck to shut down to the intended tiny parasitic draw that is normal.

One anecdotal method that you can use is to peer in the rear window and look for the blue halo light around the USB receptacle to finally go dim. It doesn't guarantee that the truck is completely shutdown properly, but some have witnessed that halo to stay on for extended periods after the truck has shutoff, and it is definite evidence that the truck is not behaving as designed, regarding battery management.

Sponsored

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
In the factory service manual there are some long and tedious procedures in regards to tracking down a parasitic draw on the 12V system while the truck is off.

In summary it basically addresses the possibility of a single module or modules not shutting down as designed or intended. And the fact that some of these trucks have more than 40 modules makes it a bit daunting to track down.

I think I remember seeing that it can take up to 75 minutes for the truck to shut down to the intended tiny parasitic draw that is normal.

One anecdotal method that you can use is to peer in the rear window and look for the blue halo light around the USB receptacle to finally go dim. It doesn't guarantee that the truck is completely shutdown properly, but some have witnessed that halo to stay on for extended periods after the truck has shutoff, and it is definite evidence that the truck is not behaving as designed, regarding battery management.
we went through this with the 2021 F250 and they changed the battery junction box , seemed to fix it and allowed truck to shut down after about 30 minutes

I believe the 150 is shutting down the power as expected, but with only 80% state of charge reached , it only takes 2 or 3 door openings to draw down to 60% or less. My super duty would go to sleep at 60-65% state of charge, the 150 gave me the message at 35%.

if i add in truck sat for 3 or more days and had been opened a few times to get stuff, and battery was less than 80% then its a sure thing its going to be low
but then i found the battery on lariat and above is specified to be 80AH vice the 70 AH battery installed and the CCA are specd to be 800 vice the 760 on the installed battery, the lower AH battery is not up to power requirements for all the ADDED stuff , power running boards, etc.
i am hopeful putting in correct battery and maybe adjusting forscan to bring State of charge to 90 or 95% might help those of us that don't drive everyday

or maybe we get a software change to select only pwr boards deploy on side the door is opened on. My 2016 exp had it like that, so only drivers side dropped down if i opened the drivers door.
it bugs me that both sides deploy if i only open the drivers door.

i like the welcome lighting at night, but i turned off the running boards deploying if i walk past with my key, to save juice
so we need welcome lighting option with no pwr running board deployment. right now if select welcome lighting then the pwr boards are set to deploy when the welcome lights come on at unlock, IMO we should split this out, have welcome lighting but no board deployment until door is opened. has to be an easy software fix or maybe in forscan a small edit ?

davidb525

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
might look at that
I did send the info to the above ford monitor
but the take away for me is the wrong battery was installed at the factory and did not comply with the 2022 specifications.
I also would like to re program the deploy-able running boards and have only the side deploy on the side the door opened on, vice both deploying now no matter. I also have to stop walking by the truck with key in my pocket as it wakes up truck and deploys boards. I have turned that off and it seems to turn itself back on .
all are fixable
this forscan change would be for a non powerboost correct? my start stop was removed from factory (y)
thanks

battery.jpg
I do agree on on the battery size. My job 1 2021 Lariat came with the smaller battery. Lariat and up should come with the larger battery from the factory. I currently have a group 94r X2Power, 840CCA, 76AH battery installed and would still get the deep sleep after about 4-5 days of the truck not being used. Once I made the forscan changes it has not gone into deep sleep. At most my 2021 gets driven a couple times a week. I have not let the 2021 sit more than a week with out being used. Might need to test that sometime to see how long it takes to go into deep sleep. My 18 f150 is driven daily and only saw the deep sleep a few times when outside temps got down to 0 Fahrenheit.
Yes the forscan change will be for non powerboost.
I am not sure it will work on the powerboost.

davidb525

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
This chart is not 100% accurate as all battery manufactures voltage will vary a little. But not much of a voltage change will bring the state of charge down.
Ford F-150 stock battery 3.5 eco boost E735A460-A792-46CE-BE22-6883BAE31E7D

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
I do agree on on the battery size. My job 1 2021 Lariat came with the smaller battery. Lariat and up should come with the larger battery from the factory. I currently have a group 94r X2Power, 840CCA, 76AH battery installed and would still get the deep sleep after about 4-5 days of the truck not being used. Once I made the forscan changes it has not gone into deep sleep. At most my 2021 gets driven a couple times a week. I have not let the 2021 sit more than a week with out being used. Might need to test that sometime to see how long it takes to go into deep sleep. My 18 f150 is driven daily and only saw the deep sleep a few times when outside temps got down to 0 Fahrenheit.
Yes the forscan change will be for non powerboost.
I am not sure it will work on the powerboost.
mine sits 3 to 5 days at a time. I am retired and we have 2 cars.
a low state of charge setting by the truck is probably not helping, as 80% to 60 to 35 is an easy path if truck is opened 3 or 4 times and boards deploy, add in 100F OAT. after i get the correct battery i will charge it to 100% and let her sit for a few days to see. then look at changing the trucks to charge to 95%. This would bring it up and give a longer period until it drops off
i used to get the deep sleep notice all the time in the superduty, once at highway speeds.
they changed the bjb and it fixed that and gave me about 6 days until deep sleep.
this was 1st time for the new truck. but it read out at 35% so that's darn low.
i know charging system works as it is one of the things i have monitored on forscn data logger as well as other stuff
i imagine the wrong battery installed at the plant was due to supply issues :eek: ? or money.
most people drive them everyday, so it would not show up as fast or ever?
Sponsored