First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
truck
Occupation
worker
Hello , looking to purchase a 22 F150 sticker price is 59,000-60,000 dealers want to charge sticker or over sticker for a truck that is just about year old and i guess people are paying it. I bought many new cars and never paid sticker price. Im ready to buy now, looking to make a deal for 8-10,000 off sticker is that reasonable or not. Thank you in advance for your help
Sponsored

GenXeration

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150, Platinum, 5.0 4x4, Agate Black, BAP
8-10k off of a $60k truck is a bit aggressive in this market. That’s around 15%. The problem is there are few manufacturer rebates right now, so that discount would all come from the dealer. I’ve seen a dealership offer 10% below MSRP on 2023 orders but I don’t know if they would do the same deal for trucks in their inventory

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
I think that is going to change pretty quickly inventory of all vehicles is increasing rapidly and with more 2022 trucks showing every day and with 2023s showing up … something has to give … my ford dealer is now advertising $2500 off in stock trucks and dodge is advertising 10k off, this is Canada btw. I know a guy got 15k off a dodge ram recently and I am sure the ford dealer will go lower as they have an increasing number of 2022 sitting there unsold. The used market is falling fast as well … I don’t think we going to 2019 just yet ,,, but buyers should gain some power back …

Sponsored

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor Ordered
I would never buy an F150 at msrp. Even at invoice pricing, you’re underwater. Market changes + f150 below average resale is a bad mix. Either come with a heavy down payment or order one

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
If you really want the truck, I would walk in and say that you are willing to buy it today for 7-8% below MSRP ($55,200 - $55,800). If they say no, leave them your information and ask them to call you if they change their mind. Dealers are used to playing hardball over the past couple of years but ther lots are now filling up and they are making payments on those vehicles also. As interest rates continue to rise, demand will continue to fall and they will soon be doing anything they can to sell. If you don't mind waiting 6 months or so, check out ordering from Granger or Chapman to get a better deal.

Last edited:

Jloyd98

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Sport 302a PB
Not sure where you're located, but Jeff Belzer's Ford, south of the Twin Cities, has most of their lot inventory '22's listed at $5-7k under MSRP. That's probably as good as you're going to find on the lot. I bought my previous '20 from them for $12k off MSRP, before things got crazy.

Sponsored

OP
OP

kissarmy007

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
truck
Occupation
worker
Thank you all for your responses. If the sticker is 60k what would be the invoice price.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Why not state what kinda truck it is...trim etc. There are XLTs that have a higher MSRP than Lariats from options and packages. ...so you need to be specific what vehicle you're trying to get into and what the asking price is.

OP
OP

kissarmy007

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
truck
Occupation
worker
Why not state what kinda truck it is...trim etc. There are XLTs that have a higher MSRP than Lariats from options and packages. ...so you need to be specific what vehicle you're trying to get into and what the asking price is.
XLT with 302A package rear sliding window , tow package, sticker is just about 60k

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Why? Is there a different margin on higher or lower trims? Doubt it, but honest question. I think he's just trying to get a refresh on the current conditions for a buyer...

I'd think you'd do well to agree on $55 or $56k, which is 7% off sticker and, I think, right at "invoice pricing".

For comparison, my truck was $53k sticker and I bought if off a lot for $51k (3% off) at the very peak of the craziness (Dec 2021) and was/am thrilled. Nowadays, if lots really are filling up, I'd start at 10% off sticker, walk out the door when denied, and offer another 1% two days later.