Sponsored

Sticker / decal / badge removal

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I'm not sure you really can remove that spacer. The Suspension Deep Dive article listed that spacer as being there because the spring packs were thinner than in past years. And removing the spacer could impact ride if it changed the curvature of the leaf springs at rest, I really don't know. Also looks like the U-Bolts would have to be replaced as I don't think they are threaded up high enough to account for the removal of that spacer. Just some things to think about, but I have never removed or added spacers to a leaf spring setup, so I am just speculating.
Bob’s doesn’t have the anemic spring pack, lol. I think those are just on trucks with the least towing package (I’m guessing). Bob’s has the normal 3 spring pack. Either way, lots of guys will probably do it. Wait a month or two and there will be a lot more info.
Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Bob’s doesn’t have the anemic spring pack, lol. I think those are just on trucks with the least towing package (I’m guessing). Bob’s has the normal 3 spring pack. Either way, lots of guys will probably do it. Wait a month or two and there will be a lot more info.
Thanks Zyvin, Looks like if it had any adverse effects it would not be a big deal to put it back.

I guess by lower it though, it is loading up the rear shocks slightly right?

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks Zyvin, Looks like if it had any adverse effects it would not be a big deal to put it back.

I guess by lower it though, it is loading up the rear shocks slightly right?
Yes, about the same as anything that would lower the bed about an inch. I didn’t notice any change on my FX4 after the mod except my truck looked better, lol. I also didn’t change the shocks on my tremor that has 2.5 inch lowering shackles, and it actually handles noticeably better.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Yes, about the same as anything that would lower the bed about an inch. I didn’t notice any change on my FX4 after the mod except my truck looked better, lol. I also didn’t change the shocks on my tremor that has 2.5 inch lowering shackles, and it actually handles noticeably better.
Thant makes sense, I've noticed in the past my 2018 truck seemed to ride a little better with some weight in the rear. I'm just new to this kind of stuff so I don't want to spend a lot of money trying it and if I don't like it, I want to be able to put it back. This seems to meet all of those requirements. Lol

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thant makes sense, I've noticed in the past my 2018 truck seemed to ride a little better with some weight in the rear. I'm just new to this kind of stuff so I don't want to spend a lot of money trying it and if I don't like it, I want to be able to put it back. This seems to meet all of those requirements. Lol
lol, I get it. I’m very picky about my mods and do lots of research first. I did replace my U-bolts/nuts just because Ford always recommends it (prob based on the torque value applied). But this is the easiest way to get near level, and easiest to reverse if you don’t like it.

Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I had a Ranger XLT 4X4 many years ago, maybe early 90's. Back then they were still doing "pen" (tape) striping down the sides (full length) of the trucks and putting 4X4 decals on them. I asked the dealer if I could have these removed from the order as I live in the desert southwest and these stripes and decals fade & crack quickly here. He said sure. When I got my copy of the retail order they had ordered "tape stripe delete" and sure enough when I got the truck neither was there. Don't know if it can still be done today but never hurts to ask.

Last edited:

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Unless of course you get a Sport package in which case your 4x2 also has a sticker ;) That's the case with mine and now I'm wondering whether I should pull the sticker when the truck is relatively new, before it gets harder to remove.
4x2 sport too...my sport sticker is coming off day one

Rodoni

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum
Occupation
FF/P
Picked up a star white 21 F150 platinum with 4x4 (non FX4) decals. I would like to remove them however I’m worried that I will have a “rectangle” left over from 1.5 yr old paint surrounding it. Is this something I should worry about or it should be fine?

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
On a white truck, you may be fine. I destickered mine 2 weeks after I picked my truck up. Granted, it had only been built 3 months prior but there was no evidence the sticker was ever there.
Sponsored