First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Construction
Anyone know if I can request to not have the FX4 sticker put on the truck without removing the 4x4 option?

I really don’t want to have to remove a sticker from new paint unless anyone has a great suggestion in doing so.
Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I don't think so. It's like everything else you can't customize. What is the reason for removing if you're buying the package?.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I don't think so. It's like everything else you can't customize. What is the reason for removing if you're buying the package?.
I’m not too keen on having that 4x4 decal either.
They look okay new, but two things bother me about them.
1. They dry out and start cracking—does not look good
2. They are not “color coordinated”
Bright red decals have no business on a vehicle that does not compliment them.

The decals on my 23yo Chevy look like crap now, but they are still stuck fast to the paint.
Don’t really look bad on this truck as it is a teal & gold two tone with a beige interior and the decal closely matches the secondary color of the pickup.
I am considering having the dealer remove them on the new truck, but I am on the fence about it.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I would just ask your dealer to remove the decals. If they have a good body shop they should be able to handle it. Heck, they might even do it for free.

As a point of reference, when I bought my 2018 F-150 brand new, it had dealer-applied pinstripes on it. I asked my sales girl if they could remove them. The body shop took care of it free of charge.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
When they are new, a little heat and a finger nail are all that's needed to lift them off without hurting the paint. Leaving it out in the sun usually applies enough heat, but a standard hair dryer can help too. Took them off my last truck on day 1. I don't need to broadcast to the world that my truck is a 4x4. My wife has already asked me to take them off the 2021 when we get it.

Sponsored

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
When they are new, a little heat and a finger nail are all that's needed to lift them off without hurting the paint. Leaving it out in the sun usually applies enough heat, but a standard hair dryer can help too. Took them off my last truck on day 1. I don't need to broadcast to the world that my truck is a 4x4. My wife has already asked me to take them off the 2021 when we get it.
I'll second this. I removed the decals from my 2019 F-150 about a month after purchase. They came right off in direct sunlight with just a fingernail. Easy peasy.

Service_Merchandise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
I really would like to see Ford go back to putting a little emblem on the trucks to signal if it's a 4x4. Also, it's no one's business what type of drivetrain your truck has.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Just get a 4x2 ? But all joking aside, this is nothing the dealer should not be able to do especially since you are buying a new truck from them.
Agreed, and if you trust your dealer will actually put someone competent on the job you can ask, but I expect they'll have a porter or low level employee that does the pre delivery inspections on that task, and I'd prefer those kids not touch my $70k truck more than they already have to.

mblatz

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ranger
Just get a 4x2 ?
Unless of course you get a Sport package in which case your 4x2 also has a sticker ;) That's the case with mine and now I'm wondering whether I should pull the sticker when the truck is relatively new, before it gets harder to remove.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
As the others have already stated, use heat and use you finger nail to get it started. Us a hair dryer to get it soft and real warm. Not so warm you can't touch it but very warm.

They come up easier than you think. Sooner the better. Clean the area with a solvent of some kind, WD40, bug and tar remover, something like that. Then wax the area.

I pull mine off but I put another one back that I like better. Red neck thing

You would be surprised how many people thought is was some new ford package.

Ford F-150 Sticker / decal / badge removal 1609458960015

Last edited:

gadiedrick

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCrew long bed hybrid
Occupation
retired USN Chief Petty Officer
Anyone know if I can request to not have the FX4 sticker put on the truck without removing the 4x4 option?

I really don’t want to have to remove a sticker from new paint unless anyone has a great suggestion in doing so.
Not a big fan of factory stickers of any kind so I take the wife's hair dryer & warm the sticker a bit & it peals right off. Emphasis on warm, not hot. Put a bit, emphasis on a bit, of rubbing alcohol on a cotton cloth to get any stick'um residue off. Then place an American flag sticker on each rear quarter panel. For real affect use a right & left American flag. I don't need to know my truck is a 4x4 but I want all to know I'm a patriot!

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
I’m kinda tempted to remove the LIMITED letters across the hood.
Don't take my word on this at all, check with someone that knows how they put the emblem on the Limited, but on my car's trunk to get the badges off it was just running floss under the letters and then cleaning and polishing the area.

Last edited:

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
Not a big fan of factory stickers of any kind so I take the wife's hair dryer & warm the sticker a bit & it peals right off. Emphasis on warm, not hot. Put a bit, emphasis on a bit, of rubbing alcohol on a cotton cloth to get any stick'um residue off. Then place an American flag sticker on each rear quarter panel. For real affect use a right & left American flag. I don't need to know my truck is a 4x4 but I want all to know I'm a patriot!
Sounds like a great idea. USA!
Sponsored