First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Don't take my word on this at all, check with someone that knows how they put the emblem on the Limited, but on my car's trunk to get the badges off it was just running floss under the letters and then cleaning and polishing the area.
That’s all I did on my BMWs. Wasn’t a big deal at all. Helps to warm up with a blow dryer a but or just leave out in Texas sun for a couple of hours and it softens the glue they use enough to just wiggle it off with some floss. Like you say, a bit a extra clean up afterward but all pretty simple.

To me the LIMITED on the front just doesn’t belong.
Sponsored

KYBoyinGA

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Occupation
Retired
Just got back from dealer. While you cannot stop the factory from putting on the decal. My dealer says they will take it off. As you have already mentioned above all it takes is a little heat. Also told them no dealer decals either.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Got a bunch of stuff done today on my truck and removing the 4X4 sticker and putting my favorite one in it's place is a must for me. I'm a big bass fishing nut and had this same sticker on my last truck. Not for some I know but I like it. Got my mud guards, bed cover and a few other things I like to change.

Notice no dirty ole tail pipe showing.

Ford F-150 Sticker / decal / badge removal 1611442487628

Ford F-150 Sticker / decal / badge removal 1611442588272

Ford F-150 Sticker / decal / badge removal 1611442675599

Ford F-150 Sticker / decal / badge removal 1611442742626

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Got a bunch of stuff done today on my truck and removing the 4X4 sticker and putting my favorite one in it's place is a must for me. I'm a big bass fishing nut and had this same sticker on my last truck. Not for some I know but I like it. Got my mud guards, bed cover and a few other things I like to change.

1611442487628.jpeg

1611442588272.jpeg

1611442675599.jpeg

1611442742626.jpeg
Looks great! I cut my ‘14 tailpipe yesterday and installed a turndown tip based off your other posts. I’ve never thought of that, but it’s genius.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Looks great! I cut my ‘14 tailpipe yesterday and installed a turndown tip based off your other posts. I’ve never thought of that, but it’s genius.
Great, wish I could take the credit but saw it years ago on 2015 F150. I did my 15 and have been doing it ever since. Just looks sooo much cleaner on that side.

Sponsored

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX

1611442487628.jpeg

1611442588272.jpeg

1611442675599.jpeg

1611442742626.jpeg
You might have the most beautiful 2021 to date. And I’m not as much into fishing but that decal is awesome

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
You might have the most beautiful 2021 to date. And I’m not as much into fishing but that decal is awesome
Well thank you sir! I'm a proud papa. Lol

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Well thank you sir! I'm a proud papa. Lol
I love your truck mr. Curry, really tastefully done. I’m sure you turn ALL the heads wherever you go.
That paint is definitely worth the extra cost. Unfortunately not available on my model.
I love that muffler mod too and been meaning to ask if you think it has any repercussions at all. I’m definitely gonna do that same to mine regardless. Visually makes a huge difference

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I love your truck mr. Curry, really tastefully done. I’m sure you turn ALL the heads wherever you go.
That paint is definitely worth the extra cost. Unfortunately not available on my model.
I love that muffler mod too and been meaning to ask if you think it has any repercussions at all. I’m definitely gonna do that same to mine regardless. Visually makes a huge difference
Thanks again Eric!

I assure you it doesn't. I added another photo showing the angle and you can see it's directed away from everything. If anything it might have a very slight reduction in back pressure because there are 2 bends in the pipe that were removed and that would be a good thing. These pipes are huge, not sure my 2018 was the same size or not.

I just used a sawzaw with metal blade and did it at about a 45 degree angle, trying to keep the exhaust going away from anything under the truck. I cut it right past the last exhaust mount, didn't want to weaken it any. I got some high heat black paint also for it, did not what it showing through the wheel well.

My 2018 had no exhaust carbon on it at all either when I traded it in.

I really would like to lower the rear level with the front is the only thing. I don't want to do anything to mess with the ride though because it is so smooth and handles better. I'm just not a fan of the jacked up rear.

For kicks I once took a close up photo of my star white paint, amazing some of colors you can see in the sun up close, there is some ice blue that shows. The photo did catch it that well but I tried. Lol

Ford has done some really nice colors this year but for ease of care and in SE hot summer environment, I'm all about the star white. :giggle:

Ford F-150 Sticker / decal / badge removal 1612317082454

Ford F-150 Sticker / decal / badge removal 1612318575194

Ford F-150 Sticker / decal / badge removal 1612318398822

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That color looks great. Those three stage colors always look good in the sun.

You can remove this block, it won’t get you even but will drop the back a little. Never heard of anything detrimental from removing those since it’s only on 4x4s, and doesn’t change anything enough to effect driveline angles etc.
Ford F-150 Sticker / decal / badge removal A1AAA1F4-709F-44C2-B0E5-DD45B86E8B30

Sponsored

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Thanks again Eric!

I assure you it doesn't. I added another photo showing the angle and you can see it's directed away from everything. If anything it might have a very slight reduction in back pressure because there are 2 bends in the pipe that were removed and that would be a good thing. These pipes are huge, not sure my 2018 was the same size or not.

I just used a sawzaw with metal blade and did it at about a 45 degree angle, trying to keep the exhaust going away from anything under the truck. I cut it right past the last exhaust mount, didn't want to weaken it any. I got some high heat black paint also for it, did not what it showing through the wheel well.

My 2018 had no exhaust carbon on it at all either when I traded it in.

I really would like to lower the rear level with the front is the only thing. I don't want to do anything to mess with the ride though because it is so smooth and handles better. I'm just not a fan of the jacked up rear.

For kicks I once took a close up photo of my star white paint, amazing some of colors you can see in the sun up close, there is some ice blue that shows. The photo did catch it that well but I tried. Lol

Ford has done some really nice colors this year but for ease of care and in SE hot summer environment, I'm all about the star white. :giggle:

1612317082454.jpeg

1612318575194.jpeg

1612318398822.jpeg
Cod damn this guy right here. From what I’ve seen and read throughout this site you’re one of the lucky ones that ended up with a solid 2021 F150, and very much well deserved.
As mentioned, your truck is perfection, with a large part due to your personal touch. But you’re always sharing more help than Ford and Reddit combined. I didn’t know you went that far with the muffler and without your words and photos, I would’ve never guessed. Thanks again for the pics, that paint is insane. Actually looks custom

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cod damn this guy right here. From what I’ve seen and read throughout this site you’re one of the lucky ones that ended up with a solid 2021 F150, and very much well deserved.
As mentioned, your truck is perfection, with a large part due to your personal touch. But you’re always sharing more help than Ford and Reddit combined. I didn’t know you went that far with the muffler and without your words and photos, I would’ve never guessed. Thanks again for the pics, that paint is insane. Actually looks custom
Thank you Eric, yours will be too, just give it some time to get here!

That color looks great. Those three stage colors always look good in the sun.

You can remove this block, it won’t get you even but will drop the back a little. Never heard of anything detrimental from removing those since it’s only on 4x4s, and doesn’t change anything enough to effect driveline angles etc.
That is not a bad idea! That amount would be very close and I have heard of some people doing that have just never talked with anyone that has. I guess that block is not glued to it or anything is it? May start a new tread asking if anyone has.

Thanks for the idea Zyvin!

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I'm not sure you really can remove that spacer. The Suspension Deep Dive article listed that spacer as being there because the spring packs were thinner than in past years. And removing the spacer could impact ride if it changed the curvature of the leaf springs at rest, I really don't know. Also looks like the U-Bolts would have to be replaced as I don't think they are threaded up high enough to account for the removal of that spacer. Just some things to think about, but I have never removed or added spacers to a leaf spring setup, so I am just speculating.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you Eric, yours will be too, just give it some time to get here!

That is not a bad idea! That amount would be very close and I have heard of some people doing that have just never talked with anyone that has. I guess that block is not glued to it or anything is it? May start a new tread asking if anyone has.

Thanks for the idea Zyvin!
They are just sandwiched in there. I have only seen 1 or 2 out of hundreds online that had some vibration, but the ones I saw were single cabs/short beds (shorter non-split drive shafts). However, they do make angled shims for the vibration, but again I’ve not seen issues on crew/long bed/extra cabs.
Ford F-150 Sticker / decal / badge removal 458887C2-8186-4ADC-8526-B868CC49A9F5
Here’s a video (it’s kinda long but you can skip through).

I did this to my ‘13 FX4. I liked this mod cause it was free and left enough rake that I was sitting level with my pontoon hooked up. I have lowering shackles on my ‘14 Tremor that look great (perfect level), but it’s 2 wd and I rarely tow with it.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm not sure you really can remove that spacer. The Suspension Deep Dive article listed that spacer as being there because the spring packs were thinner than in past years. And removing the spacer could impact ride if it changed the curvature of the leaf springs at rest, I really don't know. Also looks like the U-Bolts would have to be replaced as I don't think they are threaded up high enough to account for the removal of that spacer. Just some things to think about, but I have never removed or added spacers to a leaf spring setup, so I am just speculating.
I saw that with the u bolts and figured they would have to have shorter ones. If there is any determent to lower it this way then I'm out. This thing ride much to smooth and handles better and I don't want to reverse any of that.

Guess I want someone else to do it first and tell what happens. Lol
Sponsored