Stereo System upgrades thread

Sergman84

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5 Ecoboost 4x2
Looking to see who has upgraded their stereo systems in their new f150s?

I didn’t opt for the B&O sounds system after all but want to see what others may have done to to enhance the sound of theirs.

please share set ups and costs.
Looking for something that doesn’t break the bank.
Thanks all!
Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
I got an MTI enclosure for mine, doing dual Kicker L7T 10" subs and the Kicker QS components up front, Probably two amps, Kicker CXA3604 and CXA8001. Haven't done it yet, wanting lift/wheels/tires first

freddyttt

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150 XLT
Occupation
Floors
Ive just upgraded my system using the following-

ZEN-A2B
FOCAL K2 FRONT REAR
ALPINE X-A70F
JL HD 750/1
12TW3 STEALTH

amongst other things.
The sound is incredible and to me worth the upgrade!

Sponsored

tre_77

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 STX
What would audiophiles recommend in terms of just swapping out the speakers?

Brand and model etc

I plan to start there and add an amp later. (I’m new to car audio)

Thanks

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Theres a ton of them, my advice is go listen to as many as you can, let you ears decide :)

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Does anyone know of instructions how to remove the front and rear (preferably super cab) door panels? What size are the OEM speakers in the front and rear doors?

OP
OP
Sergman84

Sergman84

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5 Ecoboost 4x2
Love all the collaboration going on this thread.

I think I’ll start with swapping the speakers too.
Where can I find the size of each of the speakers?

Is it easy as just taking out the OEM ones and installing the new ones? Do I need a specific type of speaker that doesn’t require an amp?

thanks again for all your help!

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0
Occupation
Making lego parts for new vehicles
Does anyone know of instructions how to remove the front and rear (preferably super cab) door panels? What size are the OEM speakers in the front and rear doors?
Removing front door panels is a simple procedure. Search Youtube, but here is a primer. Pop the triangle trim at the side mirrors by starting at the top. There is one screw behind that. Under the door handle is a piece that you pop from the TOP. That one is tricky but with trim tools is manageable. Pull up once popped loose at the top. There are two screws under there. Then down at the bottom of the door are two more screws. I used a 7mm socket on all screws.

FXDR131

First Name
Paige
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT SC Sport - On Order - 2022 Lariat SC 4x4
Occupation
Business Owner
What would audiophiles recommend in terms of just swapping out the speakers?

Brand and model etc

I plan to start there and add an amp later. (I’m new to car audio)

Thanks
Sound is like pizza, very subjective when it comes to speakers choice. I have used Crutchfield in the past with other vehicles with excellent results. Their techs live and breathe audio. I ordered the B&O Unleashed because it was tuned for the vehicle. A lot of time and money was spent for this and it shows compared to the standard audio system.
Important - Music input is very noticeable, so no matter what, don't expect great sound from terrestrial radio. Good luck with your search!

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0
Occupation
Making lego parts for new vehicles
Sound is like pizza, very subjective when it comes to speakers choice. I have used Crutchfield in the past with other vehicles with excellent results. Their techs live and breathe audio. I ordered the B&O Unleashed because it was tuned for the vehicle. A lot of time and money was spent for this and it shows compared to the standard audio system.
Important - Music input is very noticeable, so no matter what, don't expect great sound from terrestrial radio. Good luck with your search!
One of the reasons I started using Pandora years ago was once I got a full amp/sub system in my '17 I found out how terrible Sirius/XM was. The sound was just garbage. When I moved to Pandora premium it was cleaner. Think the difference between FM HD signal and AM.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
One of the reasons I started using Pandora years ago was once I got a full amp/sub system in my '17 I found out how terrible Sirius/XM was. The sound was just garbage. When I moved to Pandora premium it was cleaner. Think the difference between FM HD signal and AM.
XM Radio sound quality is TERRIBLE. The only reason I pay the $5/month I do is because lots of middle-of-nowhere road trips through Idaho and Montana. Otherwise, yeah, never do a sound quality test using XM Radio. I use Spotify and have switched all quality toggles in Settings to "High" quality.

PBXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost
I ordered speakers and adapters/harnesses from Crutchfield to replace my stock 6 speaker system.

I believe the most basic system is:

2 tweeters in the A pillars
2 6x9 in the front doors
2 6.5 in the rear doors

I will try to snap pictures when I get them swapped. The stock speakers are basically unlistenable for music above 20 volume.
Sponsored