First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I absolutely agree. $350-400 for the rear bar was the going rate for years.
Helwig seemed to have the vast majority of the F150 market for both upgraded front bar as well as adding a rear.
Then Covid somehow gave cover for a ridiculous, but assumed temporary massive price hike. Enter Steeda and being given the opportunity to charge 50% more than normal, yet undercutting the established market provider.

Here we are far beyond the era of Covid insanity and it appears the market forces just aren't such to bring a simple bar of steel anywhere near $400.

It's crazy.

I gave my rear bar away that I had on my 2018 because I assumed it wouldn't fit my 2022. I probably could have figured out a way to adapt it.
Alaa, regardless of the mini-rant, I forked over for the Steeda. Although I believe it was closer to $500 at the time.
They get us old guys...they know we could go belly up like a dead cow.
So we splurge ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
I don't even want to go down the road of how much I have spent last month on the kr..๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
The first change I plan on doing to my truck is replace the stock shocks with 4600 Bilsteins on all 4 corners. I'm hoping that will make me happier than with stock.

OP
OP

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Shocks are in effect "dampeners" to minimize motion of the springs. They are not a good way to reduce sway or gain more control with a pickup truck. I upgraded the shocks on my last truck to be able to adjust the front and rear ones individually with a much higher setting at the rear where I often had a 3700 lb slide-in camper load. The front shocks are adjusted to stop any propoising from happening with the heavy load in the bed. To reduce sway I needed to add overload springs and the sway happened in turns where the weight shifts to the outside springs (and tires).

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Shocks are in effect "dampeners" to minimize motion of the springs. They are not a good way to reduce sway or gain more control with a pickup truck. I upgraded the shocks on my last truck to be able to adjust the front and rear ones individually with a much higher setting at the rear where I often had a 3700 lb slide-in camper load. The front shocks are adjusted to stop any propoising from happening with the heavy load in the bed. To reduce sway I needed to add overload springs and the sway happened in turns where the weight shifts to the outside springs (and tires).
I don't have any problem with sway. I want the porpoising to stop. Between my anti sway hitch and the trucks anti-sway, I'm good.

pcohenchicago

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Does anyone have direct experience installing the Steeda rear sway bar on their F-150? The Hellwig sway bar pricing has doubled in the past years (pre pandemic price gouging) and now cost 51% more than the ones from Steeda. I have not found any installation problems online but would appreciate more product specific input.

I fully know the exact benefits of a rear sway bar having installed them on a 1-ton pickup in 2012 and having greatly reduced wheel hop and more control when turning. I was surprised that with the Ford build for the F-150 one cannot order the truck with a rear sway bar as an option.
Yes. Just put it on this past week. It rotates a bit so it's higher than the rear suspension. If you have the PowerBoost you will need to bend the heat shield about 3/4 of an inch on the exhaust side (for the side exhaust F150's). I also had to tie up some of the cabling that is in the area which was super easy. I can feel the difference already. I mainly tow a 7x16 decked out motorcycle trailer or drive as is on streets with some loads in the bed. Nothing major. I can feel the change.

Sponsored

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
When you say "sway" in this context, are you talking about body roll?

When most people talk about sway, they are talking about "trailer sway" which isn't remedied by a anti roll bar, but rather:

1. Proper weight distribution.

2. Tire load rating / rear axle weight rating

3. Sway control device for your hitch receiver / trailer

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I'm fairly new to newer F-150's and just ordered a 2024 Regular cab short bed. One of the biggest reasons I decided on a new vehicle was to get the latest safety tech and features and in researching modifications to make the standard truck run and drive/handle 'better' adding a sway bar seems like a reasonable mod.
Most folks who do add one have extended cabs 4ร—4's and the vast majority do use there truck to tow at least occasionally. I had a 2006 SRT-10 quad cab for 3 years and did zero mods to it but on my new truck I want to make it the best it can be right from the start. I know the factory suspension set up, especially for a regular cab, is more than adequate for normal driving but I'm trying to get some insight if it would help in let's say spirited driving? Will it make a difference especially in higher speed maneuvers like avoiding a hunk of road debris at interstate speeds?
I haven't owned a truck for over a dozen years and most dissusion for sway bars doesn't mention the benefits I might have for my application. Does it help handling for a 'Sport truck'?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Ranger; 24 F-150 XL 4x4 RCSB ordered
Occupation
Retired USAF Medic
I haven't owned a truck for over a dozen years and most dissusion for sway bars doesn't mention the benefits I might have for my application. Does it help handling for a 'Sport truck'?
Yes. I put one on my 2019 Ranger as soon as it was available and it makes a considerable difference in handling. I also added them to my 2010 CC 4x4 and 2013 CC 4x4 Ram 1500's. Best bang for the buck mod and I'll add one to my 24 RCSB after I lower it. If you enjoy the twisty's, you'll enjoy them even more....make sure to ease into it to get a feel for the new handling.

Davidwnuc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order โ€˜22 RCSB.
I think we would be fine with the belltech option. It is hollow so not as stiff as the steeda and hellwig bars but its a lot cheaper at $420. Im lowered ~5 inches in the back and only the belltech states it will fit. Nobody said they are autocrossing their truck so I dont see why it wouldn't be sufficient.

https://www.belltech.com/products/b...5-4mm-rear-anti-sway-bar-w-hardware-5561.html

Its the same bar they sell with their lowering kit so Im pretty confident it will fit my application. Neither of the others mention a lowered suspension.

$399 after you add it to your cart here

https://suspensionsuperstore.com/2021-ford-f-150-2wd-4wd-1-rear-sway-bar-belltech-5561

Belltech does require drilling 2 holes if that bothers you

Last edited:

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
That's the most reasonable price for one I've seen so far. I plan to keep this truck forever no matter what else I may get. Any real downside other than clearance off road?

Davidwnuc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order โ€˜22 RCSB.
That's the most reasonable price for one I've seen so far. I plan to keep this truck forever no matter what else I may get. Any real downside other than clearance off road?
For me, i cant think of any down sides.
Sponsored