First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
I’ve filed a buy back with Ford. My dealership and I are puzzled at all the small but consistent electrical/mechanical issues my truck has had. I’m really hoping Ford does the right thing and allows me to trade in (at no cost to me) my F-150 for another truck. I was torn between a 2021 F-250 Tremor and my lariat, now that I’m having issues I’ve decided I’m done with my truck and hope to be ordering my tremor soon. I’ll keep you all posted.

Ford F-150 Started the buy back process BAA80027-157F-457D-B0C3-9885A750A906
Sponsored

Last edited:

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I’ve filed a buy back with Ford. My dealership and I are puzzled at all the small but consistent electrical/mechanical issues my truck had had. I’m really hoping for does the right thing and allows me to trade in (at no cost to me) my F-150 for another truck. I was torn between a 2021 F-250 Tremor and my lariat, now that I’m having issues I’ve decided I’m done with my truck and hope to be ordering my tremor soon. I’ll keep you all posted.

BAA80027-157F-457D-B0C3-9885A750A906.jpeg
Sorry to hear that man. I hope they get everything worked out nicely for you. How long did you have it and how much mileage did you put on?

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector
I’ve filed a buy back with Ford. My dealership and I are puzzled at all the small but consistent electrical/mechanical issues my truck had had. I’m really hoping for does the right thing and allows me to trade in (at no cost to me) my F-150 for another truck. I was torn between a 2021 F-250 Tremor and my lariat, now that I’m having issues I’ve decided I’m done with my truck and hope to be ordering my tremor soon. I’ll keep you all posted.

BAA80027-157F-457D-B0C3-9885A750A906.jpeg
Can you list out what issues you are having? Looking for similarities with my issues.

OP
OP

Bradr03

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
Sorry to hear that man. I hope they get everything worked out nicely for you. How long did you have it and how much mileage did you put on?
We find out this week, I’m going back to the dealer tomorrow to speak with the sales manager. I purchased my lariat 1/19, put 1500 miles on it, now on my third loaner the the dealership has had the vehicle for about 17 days.

Can you list out what issues you are having? Looking for similarities with my issues.
transfer case was replaced
Heated steering wheel stopped working
Driver side window stopped working
Folding mirrors stopped working
Alarms going off 3-5x a week
Rear braking assist faulting
Memory seat not resetting randomly

It seems to be having a lot of random electrical issues.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
We find out this week, I’m going back to the dealer tomorrow to speak with the sales manager. I purchased my lariat 1/19, put 1500 miles on it, now on my third loaner the the dealership has had the vehicle for about 17 days.

Fuck. As I just got back in bed because my alarm was going off.
I now sleep with my key next to my bed. Every time I disable motion sensors after a few days it turns back on and my alarm goes off randomly throughout the night.

Sponsored

Dantracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Good luck on the F250 Tremor. I too was trying to decide between that or my currently ordered 2021 F150 PB Lariat. Decided to go the new tech and nicer interior route, hope I don't regret it.

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
There are "lemon laws" that protect you. The dealer will/should make it right.

I'm not exactly sure what's up - but it seems all the ones with the weird issues are definitely the early batch ones. Yours definitely has to be that.

So far, knock on wood, no issues with my PB that was built 1/28/21.

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
Good luck. Buybacks are a long drawn out and can be a painful process. But if you Get your paperwork in order, invoices etc and read up on your states lemon laws and hold them to it it should be smooth. Ford will follow the law when deciding if it’s a lemon or not and it’s not based not feelings or otherwise so make your case fit the law and win it . Number of repair attempts, time out of service, among other factors need to be met based on your states regs. If Ford Customer Service and the attorneys behind the scenes reviewing your case agree you qualify for buyback under the lemon laws, your case then goes to FORD RAV. Once your case is with Ford RAV they will offer you a 3 choices -
1) Repurchase - basically give you your money back for your truck (if you paid cash) or payoff your loan and any out of pocket down payment or installments made less the states calculated mileage and usage charge as of the first reported issue.
2) Replacement - offer you a replacement for your truck with one of equal value MSRP and if you want one that’s more or less the difference gets settled. Not available for leases.
3) substitution of collateral - effectively the same as #2 with slight differences due to financing terms - this would apply to a lease for example if you wanted to keep the lease agreement or your loan if financed or leased through Ford credit.

The best advice I can offer having gone through it with Ford is to call and email and follow up constantly for status updates and follow up while with Ford customer service (Part 1 of the process) because at that point you haven’t won the case or meet any criteria where the law is on your side yet and they tend to string it along pass you around to different reps and so on. Ask for supervisors and be that pain in the side that won’t go away but with a smile!
Also, keep the dealership in the loop and ask for their help and guidance through the process. They really have no say in the buyback process but can help you with paperwork and other support as you go through it. My dealer was amazing help during the process.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist

Rear brake assist and driver memory not resetting are issues I have too.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Good luck on the F250 Tremor. I too was trying to decide between that or my currently ordered 2021 F150 PB Lariat. Decided to go the new tech and nicer interior route, hope I don't regret it.
I really wanted the 250 tremor but the new interior swayed me away.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bradr03

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
What was your build date?
Idk at the moment, still at the dealership.

UPDATE:
Ford is offering me $9k in trade in assist. I’m speaking with my dealership tomorrow about what they are going to give me on trade. MSRP: $69,070. I need $62,000 to break even (includes spray in bedliner, undercoating, and GAP coverage) fully loaded lariat with 1,624 miles.

Ford F-150 Started the buy back process 58DC1F46-9C88-4022-BB8A-E4FD1ABC1861

pmascari

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat, 2018 Mustang Convertible
Occupation
IT
Other than the transfer case, these all sound like software issues. I’m dropping my Lariat at the dealer this week for the recent recall. Ford is going to re-flash (re-program) the system that handles the power/heated mirrors and zone lighting supposedly for a battery drain issue. I’m going to ask they give it a full diagnostic while at it. Bought it 12/27.

OP
OP

Bradr03

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
Other than the transfer case, these all sound like software issues. I’m dropping my Lariat at the dealer this week for the recent recall. Ford is going to re-flash (re-program) the system that handles the power/heated mirrors and zone lighting supposedly for a battery drain issue. I’m going to ask they give it a full diagnostic while at it. Bought it 12/27.
They did that update and reflash on mine. If it was software updates my truck wouldn’t be sitting in the shop for day 30
Sponsored