First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve had an ongoing intermittent issue with losing my sound. I have to pull the 28 fuse in the passenger kick panel to reset it. One thing that I’ve noticed is that I hear a different chime when I start it, when the loss of sound occurs. It’s a little different than the one that I hear most of the time when things are normal.
does anybody know of there are certain chimes that indicate certain faults? It’s almost like the early days of Windows when it would not boot and you’d get certain beep codes after following the dos prompt.
I hope to record it so that I can be more clear.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That is the back up chimes in the cluster versus them playing through the audio system. If it doesnt detect the audio system at startup it reverts chimes to the cluster. If you have a 21 with the 8 speaker B&O you need to update your DSP

OP
OP

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for the reply. I should have picked up this myself, as far as where the sound is coming from.
Would this apply to the Unleashed as well? That’s what I have.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks for the reply. I should have picked up this myself, as far as where the sound is coming from.
Would this apply to the Unleashed as well? That’s what I have.
No, no update for the unleashed that I am aware of. I can double check though if you send me your vin. It could have one if you are early build.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
The startup Do, Do, Do's chime can/will switch from the system speakers to the cluster seemingly at random. Most of the time it's due to the APIM not completing it's boot cycle when the IPC system is put into accessory on/start and sends the chime. When this happens the chimes are redirected to the cluster. When pulling the fuse like that the next APIM boot is delayed causing the chime to switch. It should revert to system speakers after 1-2 start/stop cycles but if it fails to switch back long press the OK button on the steering wheel (at least 5 seconds) when starting the truck usually will reset the chimes back to speakers.

Disconnecting the battery for 10 min will also reset it back to the speakers if it fails to revert on its own or by button press.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
1FTFW1ED3MFB90339
I can’t thank you enough! Same goes for the last post. I will try that next time it happens. This site is the balls! People like you guys make it what it is!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
1FTFW1ED3MFB90339
I can’t thank you enough! Same goes for the last post. I will try that next time it happens. This site is the balls! People like you guys make it what it is!
Yes in fact you do have a DSP update. I did know this was an issue with erly trucks so i couldnt say for sure with yours without the VIN. You are a Job 1 early builld. You have several updates available. This update is a FDRS update only. So it would require you to have a dealer do it or if you decided to buy the parts to have the ability

OP
OP

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks Jesse. I’ve debated getting the necessary parts so I can rely less on the dealer. If you don’t mind my asking, what do I need to pull this off myself?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks Jesse. I’ve debated getting the necessary parts so I can rely less on the dealer. If you don’t mind my asking, what do I need to pull this off myself?
the most expensive part is the mongoose cable. It’s $500. That’s really it. If you already have a computer. Windows pc. There are way more benefits to buying the cable.
The license is $50 for two days access.
The first post of the fdrs thread spells it out in detail better than I can.
Sponsored