First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Oh man look at the way it is reflecting that heat and not showing dirt like my current shadow black truck! :) Can't wait!

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Ordered Star White with the towing mirrors. Looks absolutely gorgeous. Those painted mirrors are making me think twice about the tow mirrors I ordered.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Ordered Star White with the towing mirrors. Looks absolutely gorgeous. Those painted mirrors are making me think twice about the tow mirrors I ordered.
You're right, I didn't even notice that! So our factory tow mirrors will just be black with no paint match then?

Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
You're right, I didn't even notice that! So our factory tow mirrors will just be black with no paint match then?
They will have Chrome Caps on the Top half of the mirror for Lariat up, and XLT down will be all black I think.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
They will have Chrome Caps on the Top half of the mirror for Lariat up, and XLT down will be all black I think.
Anybody else feel like the tow mirrors on an F150 look like Dumbo ears? They just don’t look the same when attached to a 150 as they do to a 250.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Anybody else feel like the tow mirrors on an F150 look like Dumbo ears? They just don’t look the same when attached to a 150 as they do to a 250.
Dumbo Ears is exactly how I described them to my wife. I told her she was going to have to live with the silly looking Dumbo Ear Mirrors because they are way more useful than the rather tiny, but nice looking, standard mirrors. I said from the outside you won't like the way they look, but from the inside you'll be so glad I ordered them every time you drive the truck. She was good with it, anything that makes it easier to check your surroundings is a win. So glad they incorporated BLIS in them too, otherwise I'd be stuck getting her the regular mirrors just for BLIS.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Dumbo Ears is exactly how I described them to my wife. I told her she was going to have to live with the silly looking Dumbo Ear Mirrors because they are way more useful than the rather tiny, but nice looking, standard mirrors. I said from the outside you won't like the way they look, but from the inside you'll be so glad I ordered them every time you drive the truck. She was good with it, anything that makes it easier to check your surroundings is a win. So glad they incorporated BLIS in them too, otherwise I'd be stuck getting her the regular mirrors just for BLIS.
Is the dumbo ears comparison only with them extended or would you say they look out of place in the non-telescope position?

Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Is the dumbo ears comparison only with them extended or would you say they look out of place in the non-telescope position?
Honestly, I have no idea, because I have never driven a truck with them that I could adjust. So I am only going on what I see on all the trucks driving around. Whether they are all "BroDozered" out driving with them fully extended, I can't tell? If they suck in closer to the body then I normally see, then they probably wouldn't look as silly, but based on the thickness of the telescoping arms, I'd say I usually see them fully retracted in, and haven't ever witnessed them fully extended, unless the truck actually had a trailer in tow.

Drdre8424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
So no matter what trim level/pkg you get, if Star White is the color, something on the truck will be chrome?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I was camping this weekend and my campsite neighbor had what looked like exactly my 2021 truck order - a white tri-coat (in 2019 it was called White Platinum and not Star White) Platinum FX4 including tow mirrors! It looked awesome! I will not be putting a shell on this time but she was a beauty. I didn't think the mirrors looked like dumbo ears personally.

He let me check out the payload stickers and it was a 7000# GVWR with a 1476# payload. I may be getting 250 less than that with a powerboost - yikes.

Ford F-150 STAR WHITE F-150 (2021+) Club 20201025_214453