Standard vs B&O Audio (Non-unleashed)

billybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A, 2012 Focus SEL
Occupation
EE
Has anyone been able to hear the difference of the B&O vs standard? I have read reviews on the unleashed but have not heard any comment on the regular B&O upgrade if its worth the cost or not on an XLT.
Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Has anyone been able to hear the difference of the B&O vs standard? I have read reviews on the unleashed but have not heard any comment on the regular B&O upgrade if its worth the cost or not on an XLT.
If you like premium sound and listen to music a lot it’s worth it.

I finally got to experience the “unleashed” at the test drive event and it confirmed my decision to add it was 100% correct. Sounded amazing.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Per my salesmen - he went to a Charlotte, NC 2021 F150 dealership debut - he heard the B&O unleashed and said it's badass - sounded really great throughout the cabin. Hopefully more posts will come in or video's upload for us to see & hear (fingers crossed) :)

mblatz

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ranger
Ordered the "regular" B&O on my XLT myself, look forward to hearing it. I'm not hopeful the non-B&O base XLT speakers are that great so it was a no-brainer to order B&O in my book.

As for "regular" B&O vs "unleashed" B&O I haven't found anything about anyone comparing them back to back yet.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Ordered the "regular" B&O on my XLT myself, look forward to hearing it. I'm not hopeful the non-B&O base XLT speakers are that great so it was a no-brainer to order B&O in my book.

As for "regular" B&O vs "unleashed" B&O I haven't found anything about anyone comparing them back to back yet.
Ford F-150 Standard vs B&O Audio (Non-unleashed) C44710C2-FE5E-47E1-9273-777F67C61CD0

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

The Bang & Olufsen 8 speaker system is similar to what is on the 2020 F-150s I believe. I can’t speak for Ford itself, but I’ve upgraded sound systems on several of my vehicles, and the stock (non name brand) speakers that come with the cars are typically straight garbage. Cheap for profit margin, and no real quality. I’ve even seen speaker cones made out of cardboard rather than rubber or polymer and synthetic fibers. There was clearly no emphasis on sound quality with those!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Nice find! Where did this turn up at?!
And correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t the Bang & Olufsen Unleashed only show 17 speakers marked or am I missing something?

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Nice find! Where did this turn up at?!
And correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t the Bang & Olufsen Unleashed only show 17 speakers marked or am I missing something?
Ha!ha!ha! Must be that new math!

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired

Sponsored

Antoinetruck

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda-Acura-Ford
Looks like they are counting the rear door speakers mid-woofer/tweeter as separates.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like they are counting the rear door speakers mid-woofer/tweeter as separates.
Correct. When I zoomed about a month ago you can see that the 10 speaker setup on the left, the rear doors say "full range" so they count them as 2. The 18 speaker setup on the right the rear door says "coaxial tweeter/midwoofer" which also count as 2. Seems weird to count them as 2 but maybe that's standard methodology? I mean, say they split the mid and tweeter and made 2 separate cutouts, it still sounds same but you cut 2 holes to get more credit in the speaker count? After thinking about it that way I wasn't as mad that they were "cheating" with the count.

Chris McN

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, 2021 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 3.5l EB
Occupation
Retired
Any opinions on whether or not the Unleashed upgrade would be less of an improvement (and thus not worth the extra ~$650 cost) on the SuperCab version? I'm just wondering if acoustically in the smaller cabin the standard B&O system would still be terrific.

Also, anyone know if the same speaker grills are used between the two versions? Particularly the small grills on/near the pillars Thanks.

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
Great question....I to have a 502A lariat supercab on order

ematherne11

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Platinum CrewCab FX4
I heard both the B&O standard and the unleashed while test driving trucks this week.
The standard is worth the upgrade from stock.
The unleash is next level and sounds amazing.
both are worth the upgrade depending on budget.
Sponsored