First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I've got the standard B&O system with no complaints. Sounds a lot better than my JVC Tacoma "upgrade. "
Sponsored

mblatz

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ranger
Greetings! I finally received my truck, an XLT Sport Supercab w/ B&O Standard (not unleashed). I am VERY happy with its sound system, it's a no-brainer upgrade for the ~$600 it costs IMO. I drove a bunch yesterday listening to all sorts of songs, here are my thoughts:

Bass is good, not over-pronounced, but definitely a full rich sound there. Listening to "High Roller" by Crystal Method is my standard subwoofer test song. There are some low notes near the beginning that are *completely inaudible* without a sub as the frequency is just too low for regular woofers. So, there is definitely a sub in this system :) It sounds amazingly clear - not rattle the windows loud/overpronounced like an aftermarket sub, either, just deep and clear and super pleasant sounding.

The speaker placement is not what I'm used to in normal cars - I think maybe because some of the speakers are in the front dash area instead of the doors? Anyway it sounds very "Front heavy" to me , with stock settings I couldn't really hear anything coming from the back of the car at all. I moved the fader back one or two ticks and it balanced things out better for my taste at least.

Also, that sound system has two sound modes, "Stereo" and "Surround sound". In most cars I can't STAND the audio filters they put on fake surround sound modes and always prefer plain stereo, but somehow, in this car the "Surround sound" mode sounds better to me. It doesn't sound hollow at all like these modes sometimes can, and somehow it tricks me into hearing the side speakers more than the front ones. Dunno what/why it is exactly, but I like it. Recommend trying both modes and seeing which you like better.

Next few drives I will play with the EQ and tweak the midrange/highs a bit more, to see if adjustments make it sound even better to me. But, it's a great system, I highly recommend checking the box on it, especially over the basic speaker setup you get otherwise.

Unfortunately I have not heard the "unleashed" system, so I can't compare it to that. But I'm not at all disappointed in my choice, very happy with it. Hope this helps!

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
I have the regular B&O as well. It's definitely pretty good and would agree there is a concentration of sound from the dash. The stereo setting lowers that a bit. The bass won't rattle the windows but this truck is very quiet at speed so you really don't need that.

longbow42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8L, Ford F150 Platinum PowerBoost
Has anyone been able to hear the difference of the B&O vs standard? I have read reviews on the unleashed but have not heard any comment on the regular B&O upgrade if its worth the cost or not on an XLT.
I looked at a Lariat yesterday that had the regular B&O system and it was ok, but you could clearly hear the distortion at higher volume. Glad I got the Unleashed in my Platty.

Eoseabee133

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 XLT SPORT
Occupation
Truck Driver
I looked at a Lariat yesterday that had the regular B&O system and it was ok, but you could clearly hear the distortion at higher volume. Glad I got the Unleashed in my Platty.
Just picked my truck up with the regular B&O and I'm pretty impressed compared to my 18 stock system well worth the extra money

Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Congrad's - pics when you can

asubpargamer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry, Highlander, Tundra, Awaiting F150
Occupation
Electronic Technician
I have a question looking at it from the other direction. Say I am about done impatiently waiting for my truck to be build and the dealer has one that is very close to mine on the lot. The biggest option missing that I feel is the only one holding me back is it the B&O Standard. Could one be just as happy replacing the basic speakers with something better down the line? For the B&O (without the subwoofer option) Is there an amp somewhere as well?

Rich1982

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT/302A
Occupation
Semi retired
I have a question looking at it from the other direction. Say I am about done impatiently waiting for my truck to be build and the dealer has one that is very close to mine on the lot. The biggest option missing that I feel is the only one holding me back is it the B&O Standard. Could one be just as happy replacing the basic speakers with something better down the line? For the B&O (without the subwoofer option) Is there an amp somewhere as well?
HaHA I am in the similar situation except I am comparing a truck on the lot vs ordering one with the primary change being the B&O upgrade - I think I will go talk to a stereo shop to determine if these trucks with base stereo can be upgraded with new speakers, amps etc

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
You get speakers in the head rest with the unleashed and I think 2 more. Sound would be different coming from the back of your head but I do like the reg b&o. Better then the normal truck speakers. I do enjoy the sound from my b&o

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
You get speakers in the head rest with the unleashed and I think couple more plus more amp power. Sound would be different coming from the back of your head but I do like the reg b&o. Better then the normal truck speakers. I do enjoy the sound from my b&o

Sponsored

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4
I picked up my truck a couple hours ago. Spent a few minutes in the driveway after getting home with the audio. I have the B&O $600 upgrade. Very disappointed, can't imagine what the stock sounds like if this is an upgrade. My 2009 Rockford Fosgate in my Frontier is much better. The B&O has essentially zero customizations. Oh well.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
After a week and a half, I like the B&O (non unleashed) sound specially for voices, calls or podcasts sound fricking CRISP, however, I listen to rock and metal music primarily and I do feel is lacking a bit. it just doesnt sound very special.

Svt40

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1942 Ford GPW, 2004 F150 XLT
So is it worth the wait?

I'm the type who has always had a system in their vehicle. Primarily I listen to 80's with some stuff like Bach and Conan the Barbarian soundtrack mixed in with the occasional old school rap (early 90's).

I've found many trucks in the price range I'm willing to pay but none have the B&O and that is my main hang up right now.

My current F150 is running a single 10 in an under seat box off a Fosgate Punch 300. The rears are Infinity Reference series coaxes, and the front is MB Quart component speakers all run by an Alpine 4 channel amp. It sounds great and being half deaf from 20 years of jet engines I need good audio.

I just want to know if it's easier to rebuild a new system or if the B&O is worth the effort to find.

jackdz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I just took delivery of my 2021 F-150 with the B&O 8 speaker system. I'm pretty disappointed with it so far. The center channel (middle of the dash) speaker is WAY too bright, overwhelming the rest. As a reference, In the late 80's/early 90's all of my vehicles had custom aftermarket systems. My last truck was a 2017 F150 with the base model 7 speaker system. I liked the 2017 system better. I may look at a passive way to tone down the center channel speaker.

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
Don't forget, with the standard B&O system, you can switch between stereo and surround. I like the surround better!
Sponsored