Standard B&O Low volume out put on door speakers

Wes78

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150
I have read many posts about the B&O sound system not being that great. When I ordered my truck I didn't have the option to compare the stock sound system to the B&O. I decided to give it a try anyway. The sound isn't too bad but it would have been nice to have an eq built-in. the main problem I am having is I was messing around with the fade and I noticed that when I fade the sound to the back door speakers they have very low volume. I couldn't tell if the front was the same because the dash and pillar speakers are so loud. the back speakers sound like they are at a 1/4 volume at full blast.
Sponsored

unafFORDableXLT

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
I don’t think I have the B&O in my ‘22 XLT 302a, but I have the same issue….along with one of the worst sounding factory stereos I’ve ever had.
I didn’t realize it until today when all the sound on the left side cut out completely. Only the right channel was on, and the rear was significantly quieter than front.
I changed the balance and fade, reset, all the usual stuff, but nothing changed.
I shut off the truck and opened the door when I got home, then restarted it. Everything worked as normal.

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB Mid Front Bench, 2013 E350 4x4
Agree with OP. I've got a '22 Lariat with B&O and the rear door volume sounds like 1/4 volume on full blast. Tried to listen to a sermon this morning, and it was literally almost inaudible in the back seat passenger side, with full fade to the back passenger corner.

Any fix for this? I vaguely remember posts about increasing max volume? My speed adjustment is already on high.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
My audio guy says I need to install a good (Small) mid in the upper part of the door and amplify the lower and upper on a seperate amp.

Side note, while I was waiting for my 2015 to sell, I drove that exclusively and cranked the music as the weather got better.
After a month of basically nothing but the 2015, I finally sold it and started driving my '22 again. Absolutely shameful how bad the B&O Unleashed is, both in volume output and sound quality. I'm missing my 2015....

I would recommend as per my audio guy, to drop in JLs and a new speaker in this area.
Noto to take from the sound sponsor of this board or any other stereo companies, but I'm not dropping $5k into a system after spending $70k on a supposed 'top of the line' trim.

Ford F-150 Standard B&O Low volume out put on door speakers 1685902034798

Ford F-150 Standard B&O Low volume out put on door speakers 1685902088235

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB Mid Front Bench, 2013 E350 4x4
Thx for the advice on rear speaker placement @JJSnell . My days of customizing sound systems I think are all behind me, but I appreciate the tip (and the specificity). I may have made-up the memory of a volume increase hack, but was hoping there'd be a quick fix.

This F-150 is the only new car I've ever owned in 45+ years, so trying to hold out and keep it pristine. (besides, the bed step, open-console warning defeat, pedestrian sound cut-out, re-circ hack, and hole-saw I took to the dash to get USB-C PD)
Sponsored