Sponsored

SSM 49601 - 2021 F-150 - False Activation Of The Anti-Theft Intrusion Alarm System

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
I take possession of my truck next week. Built on March 15. Is it safe to assume this update would already be applied ? I think I'll inquire and make sure it's complete before taking delivery.
I’d think you’re good with the latest software. this was only happening to a few folks even before the update was released.
Sponsored

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
According to Ford SSM 49601 does not exist. The TSB they did for me was for the trailer making the alarm go off (TSB 22-2084). They claim to have updated the TRM,DDM and PDM. The SSM calls for the BCM to be updated.

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
According to Ford SSM 49601 does not exist. The TSB they did for me was for the trailer making the alarm go off (TSB 22-2084). They claim to have updated the TRM,DDM and PDM. The SSM calls for the BCM to be updated.
Took the truck in again after the alarm went off at night. They had to contact their technical support section to approve the reprogramming of the BCM. Fingers crossed that this works. No explanation from technical support on why the SSM was removed.

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
This happened to me Saturday night and I ran outside thinking I'd see someone running away but saw nothing. Is this BCM update something the dealer will do? The list is adding up this morning with 2 recalls and now this BCM update...
😆 LOL. First time it happened to me I was parked at mall in a garage, thought for sure someone broke in, so I went running 🏃 out.. I keep, probably, $1000 tools in back seat. Ford Pass message sent to Apple Watch-which is handy-so I didn’t see it was triggered by hood sensor,

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
This has been happening to me frequently the last week or so... after never having an issue with it for the first 2 years I've owned this truck. I don't know what all of a sudden caused the alarms, but it happened 3x one night (3am, 4am, 430am :mad: ) in my buddy's driveway, and then it happened 4-5x yesterday / this morning in my apartment's parking garage.

Do I still need the dealership to "flash" the BCM?

Sponsored

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
This has been happening to me frequently the last week or so... after never having an issue with it for the first 2 years I've owned this truck. I don't know what all of a sudden caused the alarms, but it happened 3x one night (3am, 4am, 430am :mad: ) in my buddy's driveway, and then it happened 4-5x yesterday / this morning in my apartment's parking garage.

Do I still need the dealership to "flash" the BCM?
You can take it in and see what they do. In the mean time, you can turn off motion for the alarm or tape over the sensor to get you through the nights.

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
You can take it in and see what they do. In the mean time, you can turn off motion for the alarm or tape over the sensor to get you through the nights.
Thanks. Which sensor is the one that needs to be covered?