First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
A welder was out to my condo repairing the steel staircase to my door. I thought I should move my truck just in case he might scratch it walking back to his truck. Sure enough the next day there it was a two-inch long needle scratch that is to the primer. I am going to try a trace paper technique to repair it. I will buy a needlepoint paint dispenser from automotivetouch-up that should be equally fine to fill it without overlapping. It would cost me $300 to have the door painted so it is worth a try.
Sponsored

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
A welder was out to my condo repairing the steel staircase to my door. I thought I should move my truck just in case he might scratch it walking back to his truck. Sure enough the next day there it was a two-inch long needle scratch that is to the primer. I am going to try a trace paper technique to repair it. I will buy a needlepoint paint dispenser from automotivetouch-up that should be equally fine to fill it without overlapping. It would cost me $300 to have the door painted so it is worth a try.
Order from Dr. Color chip, best touch up there is

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
What color is it?
I had a guy repair a scratch one time where he overfilled it with touch up paint. Then let it dry, Used a thing called a crystal block. (just ultrafine sanding) To level it back to the clear coat then buffed it and you had to be inches away from it and know where it was to see.
Sponsored