Sponsored

Squeaky brakes only on reverse and in AM?

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Same here… only in the morning backing out. It is a very faint squeak but happens every morning. 3800miles
Same it’s a very faint squeak then goes away. Hoping eventually it goes away
Sponsored

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Good to know, but literally only does it first thing in the morning when reversing not even going forward, I am guessing just moisture in the morning
My 2015 did this for the 6 years I owned it. I attributed it to morning moisture as well. Had Ford look at the rear brakes a few time when it was in for servicing and they could never find anything wrong with them.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
My 2015 did this for the 6 years I owned it. I attributed it to morning moisture as well. Had Ford look at the rear brakes a few time when it was in for servicing and they could never find anything wrong with them.
It’s weird how some people have it and some people don’t, what would be different lol

Reactions: 780
OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I am going to do the same have them look at it and just see doubt there is Anything either. I am guessing with the increased humidity it is doing it

Reactions: 780

Sponsored

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Only first thing in Am? Or always?
Mostly in the morning. There was an odd day where they squeaked in both directions and it was later in the day. It hasn't happened again though. The dealer said the brakes are functioning normally.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I live in Charleston SC, it’s pretty common about 11 months out of the year. Always humid, always wet in the morning. It’s really a combination of dust, surface rust, and condensation; made worse by turning the opposite direction of 99.9% of your braking.

You can do a bunch of work to make it go away for a week or two, or just live with it. My truck only does it occasionally when coming out of the garage, but pretty much every time if parked outside. My daily driver that I park outside (Volvo), does it every morning.

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
how many miles and when did your start? Only does it in reverse?
It started at about 1000 to 1500 miles only in reverse and usually when I back out of the garage in the morning but not for the rest of the day. I live on a gravel road if that makes any difference.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
My truck doesn't do it, but my girl has a 2020 Ford Escape and when backing up and lightly applying the brake, it shrieks like a banshee mourning the death of a loved one. It's really loud. the dealer told her they took apart the rear brakes and found nothing, but the noise continues. They told her it's common, but it does not affect the effectiveness of the brakes and it is not a safety issue. It's very annoying and I'd go as far as to say it's embarrassing.

Last edited:

LarryIT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
I brought mine home from the dealer on Aug 25, 2022 and every morning that I back out of the garage it squeaks. That is the only time. I only have ~650 miles on it. Was hoping someone had simple solution.

6/30/23
Ford dealer said that they would not do anything to fix the squeaky brakes. Finally got fed up with it and replaced the rears with ceramics. Problem solved. Ford won in the short term. They will pay the next time I buy a vehicle if I choose Ford again.
Sponsored

Last edited: