Sponsored

Spray On Bedliner - Linex or Rhino Linings?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Mine was done by LineX also and he told me they removed the that piece to paint just behind it. Bolts are long enough. They don't do the bed bolts so the the bit will still fit the screws if you have to remove the truck bed. I am thinking of painting mine black with a rubber type paint though.

Ford F-150 Spray On Bedliner - Linex or Rhino Linings? 1613274481033

Ford F-150 Spray On Bedliner - Linex or Rhino Linings? 1613274570232
Sponsored

RickZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I am planning on going linex when my truck arrives in 3 weeks. Based on everything i read, Rhino is thicker and softer. But the Rhino can tear. Linex appears to be the better liner. I'm going with the low end because I will be adding a cover so I don't need the UV protection

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Another reason the bed bolts aren’t painted is the possibility of one having to remove the box.
the material would pull off and be ugly possibly compromising the integrity of the liner.
Besides, one may have to remove the box to service the fuel tank.
I had to replace pumps on both, my Ranger and K1500 within 30 days of each other.
I know the tank can be dropped, but I would rather work upright and not deal with FULL tanks of fuel.

azDcab21

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PowerBoost/FX4
That looks really good! Similar question but different, do you know what they did with the pro power section? Tape or pull and sprayed? Also, from the pics, it looks like they sprayed over the rubber access points in the front of the bed near the cab. It was the same way in my Toyota but, just wondering why it isn't removed then sprayed. Thanks in advance

Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
That looks really good! Similar question but different, do you know what they did with the pro power section? Tape or pull and sprayed? Also, from the pics, it looks like they sprayed over the rubber access points in the front of the bed near the cab. It was the same way in my Toyota but, just wondering why it isn't removed then sprayed. Thanks in advance
Not sure but think they removed the panel and sprayed.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
On my 2016 it was a Rhino - never any issues and they done a great job. It was thick/good coating.

TeeRoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Oxford 6.5 box
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Just got mine back from Rhino lining, local dealer's collision center is an installer, looks like they took box link off, and at least pulled the pro power box, either that or they did a really good job taping, they sprayed over the bolts and the drain plugs, not too concerned about that, but also didn't really ask questions beforehand so I guess I get what I get, but looks good so far, excited to start throwing stuff in there willy nilly and using it for truck stuff!
Ford F-150 Spray On Bedliner - Linex or Rhino Linings? IMG_20210317_175339986

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Just got mine back from Rhino lining, local dealer's collision center is an installer, looks like they took box link off, and at least pulled the pro power box, either that or they did a really good job taping, they sprayed over the bolts and the drain plugs, not too concerned about that, but also didn't really ask questions beforehand so I guess I get what I get, but looks good so far, excited to start throwing stuff in there willy nilly and using it for truck stuff!
IMG_20210317_175339986.jpg
Pull your tailgate step out and see if they dripped any on it.
Just found today they have dripped it on mine.

boy racer

First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 1985 Mustang 5.0
Was it on the step itself or did they get any on the slide mechanism to keep it from functioning properly? Never would of thought to look out for that, thank you!

Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Was it on the step itself or did they get any on the slide mechanism to keep it from functioning properly? Never would of thought to look out for that, thank you!
I'll look again but looks like It's just on the step, the slick border around the sanded step area.
Maybe more I was in a hurry when I saw it today.
I'll post again if there is more.

boy racer

First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 1985 Mustang 5.0
I'll look again but looks like It's just on the step, the slick border around the sanded step area.
Maybe more I was in a hurry when I saw it today.
I'll post again if there is more.
Thank you Sir!

TeeRoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Oxford 6.5 box
Occupation
Civil Engineer
No drips on the ladder thankfully, but a coworker did notice they reinstalled one of the box link plates upside down ?. Probably wouldn't have noticed until I needed to haul something. Feel like its more hassel to take it in for them to fix it then to just do it myself.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
No drips on the ladder thankfully, but a coworker did notice they reinstalled one of the box link plates upside down ?. Probably wouldn't have noticed until I needed to haul something. Feel like its more hassel to take it in for them to fix it then to just do it myself.
I agree, there are 2 spots not as big as a dime.
I won't bother with it.
I get more damage taking it to get work done on it.

Took mine to have tonneau cover put on.
Told them be careful and not to scratch it.
They walked the truck, found one small rock chip on the edge of the hood prior to taking it in.
After 2 hours they figured out that it wouldn't fit but I have 2 small scratches and have to wait till they get another in for me. Has to be color match painted.
Sponsored