Sponsored

Spray On Bedliner - Linex or Rhino Linings?

HMG2Ford

First Name
Mic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Ford F150 Lariat ... 2017 Infiniti Q60S
Occupation
Retired
Line-X is my preferred liner application. Have a relative who works for Line-X applicator in Idaho and has nothing but praise for the product and best of all any issues are resolved, no questions asked (lifetime warranty) ... that is a comforting feeling.
Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Which “level” did you get? I was quoted $659 plus tax for “premium”....
It was standard, I didn't need premium..
I'm covering it up with a bed cover.
The premium was supposed to hold up better to
UV Rays..
5.5 bed..

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Can anyone that has gotten Line X installed and has the tailgate work surface let me know if the company left the tailgate work surface on and taped around it, or took the tailgate work surface off, sprayed, and then put it back on?
I stopped by a Line X dealer and they said they haven’t done a 2021 before and we’re trying to figure out how to do it. The concern was if they remove the tailgate work surface and spray behind it, the thickness of the line X may mean the screws will be too short now and won’t full hold the work surface in. They also mentioned possibly the work surface not fitting back on perfectly once they spray behind it.
Has anyone else had LineX done with success so I can tell my dudes the best way to go about it?

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Can anyone that has gotten Line X installed and has the tailgate work surface let me know if the company left the tailgate work surface on and taped around it, or took the tailgate work surface off, sprayed, and then put it back on?
I stopped by a Line X dealer and they said they haven’t done a 2021 before and we’re trying to figure out how to do it. The concern was if they remove the tailgate work surface and spray behind it, the thickness of the line X may mean the screws will be too short now and won’t full hold the work surface in. They also mentioned possibly the work surface not fitting back on perfectly once they spray behind it.
Has anyone else had LineX done with success so I can tell my dudes the best way to go about it?
Mine has the work surface, but I could not tell you if they removed it or taped it up. They sprayed all the painted surface around it

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I have pics posted of just what you're asking.
They are in the KR Club photos..
It came out great..

Sponsored

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
No they didn't say but I can call over there tomorrow and see what they say, if they're open.
thanks Id appreciate it. My line x guys mentioned they were not sure if I would need to buy new screws if they end up taking the rear surface off and spraying behind it, since it may not fit back on flush and will be sitting further out. Ideally I’d like to avoid that, yours looks great, whatever they did to it.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
thanks Id appreciate it. My line x guys mentioned they were not sure if I would need to buy new screws if they end up taking the rear surface off and spraying behind it, since it may not fit back on flush and will be sitting further out. Ideally I’d like to avoid that, yours looks great, whatever they did to it.
Sorry they weren't there today,
Will check again on Monday, but they will be closed I think. We're expecting several inches of snow and ice on Monday.
I'm not positive but looks like to me maybe they took it off ..
That pic will blow way up, check it out..

Sponsored

Camptruck

First Name
Linus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2021 F-150 XLT Velocity Blue
Occupation
Project Manager
Does either one of these use the same color of the paint for the truck? I don't mind the black of the ford spray online Bedliner but would prefer the color of the truck.

Fredm2002
Line-X has a colour option. (https://linex.com/bedliners/xtra). Their site has some pictues. I was considering it, but will likely go with the standard black.

Ark LTD

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (ordering), Range Rover
Did they mention if they left the work surface on and just taped around it or if they removed the plastic work surface panel, sprayed, and then reinstalled?
This is a dumb question....but what are the huge bolts in the bed floor for....and why not cover those with the liner spray?

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
This is a dumb question....but what are the huge bolts in the bed floor for....and why not cover those with the liner spray?
I think that's a good question, I don't know and never noticed before..
I have a Ford rubber bed mat that will go in when I get the tonneau cover put on so I won't see them.... Still no word when it will be available, mine is on order so should be one of the first that (ARE) releases to the public..
It has been released by engineering and has gone to production.