First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
All, just a quick PSA for those with no VINs.

I talked to my dealer a bit ago.... XL 4x4 Fx4 ordered on 2/12/22 with no vin yet.

He stated that the lastest commodity list he received lists the spray on liner as an issue. Apparently liquid used is hard to come by. Could be why i do not have a vin assigned

So we removed it. We will see what happens.
Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Oddly enough, the spray on bedliner companies around here are not short on liquids.

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Mine was built with the liner option but I’m on chip hold for the last couple weeks

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
All, just a quick PSA for those with no VINs.

I talked to my dealer a bit ago.... XL 4x4 Fx4 ordered on 2/12/22 with no vin yet.

He stated that the lastest commodity list he received lists the spray on liner as an issue. Apparently liquid used is hard to come by. Could be why i do not have a vin assigned

So we removed it. We will see what happens.
Yeah I heard this back in January when I placed my order and did not include it. However, I have seen others who have VINs as well as vehicles in Production that have the spray in bed liner. Who knows IMHO.

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
I had a 2002 Dodge Dakota and had a Line-X spray liner installed shortly after I got it. I hauled all kinds of stuff in it including broken cement, large rocks for landscaping, a lot of gravel, pallets of material, etc. I also used the tail gate to work on my chainsaw. After about 10 years, a small portion (1" x 2") of it peel away on the side (the only issue I had with it), so I took it back to the place that installed it. They did a great job on the initial install with very clean lines and even coating. They touched up that small area along with some other areas that looked OK to me for free. I don't have experience with the other spray bed liners, but I highly recommend Line-X.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Oddly enough, the spray on bedliner companies around here are not short on liquids.
There were a few around here that could not get the material for a couple months. Thats why i checked the box. Figured the auto folks would have priority.

Thats what i get for thinkin

OP
OP

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah I heard this back in January when I placed my order and did not include it. However, I have seen others who have VINs as well as vehicles in Production that have the spray in bed liner. Who knows IMHO.
Yeah, who knows. But figured i would remove. Dealer gonna send it out before i pick it up for same price.

Mug Costanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat Powerboost
Feel like your dealer should have told you up front. I told them I wanted one for mine and the first thing they told me is that is really slowing things up.

The dealer is going to add it once it gets in.

OP
OP

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Feel like your dealer should have told you up front. I told them I wanted one for mine and the first thing they told me is that is really slowing things up.

The dealer is going to add it once it gets in.
We checked the commodity sheet when i placed the order. Was not listed then.

coconutgroves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 4x4
My dealer told me not to do any aftermarkets - they mention a guy waiting a long time for his truck due to back order on locking wheel lug nuts. Crazy.

Sponsored

OneTrueMoose

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat (On Order); 1989 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I also was told the same back in January, that it was on commodity hold and that they (the dealer) could add it afterwards.

Of course, one wonders about the difference in profit margin to the dealer having it done at the factory versus doing it themselves....

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I also was told the same back in January, that it was on commodity hold and that they (the dealer) could add it afterwards.

Of course, one wonders about the difference in profit margin to the dealer having it done at the factory versus doing it themselves....
I would also wonder about the difference in quality. The dealer installed spray in bed liner I got in 2017 was sub par (not by much but on the upper back edge of the bed near the window it had all wore away)

Also I assume factory is covered under warranty. The one I got in 2017 was not and I was told to take it up with the 3rd party installer (even though the dealership is the one that had the 3rd party do it)

Just something to think about and it's why I'm doing line-x this time.

Bigguy214

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150
Not sure if it was on here or another site but some people have had problems with some of the shops doing the spray in liner.There was something about them removing the tailgate and having to get the truck reprogrammed at the dealer or something and some shops weren’t masking off the wiring for the tailgate.Just a fyi for everyone.
Sponsored