Sponsored

Spray in Bed Liner or Bed Mat enough coverage?

Hard2hitnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F 150 powerboost 4x4
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Thinking about spray in bed liner, but having 2nd thoughts since I do not carry much in the bed. I will also be getting a decent Tri Fold bed cover. With that being said, would a drop in liner or bed mat be enough coverage?
Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
It really depends on your usage. if you typically set things in the box on the floor then I would think a bed mat would be fine. I am a woodworker so I tend to carry longer boards etc and becuase I don't want my bed scratched up, went with the spray in bed liner and will not use a cover. My brother throws things in his bed and also carries dirt etc so he went with a slide in plastic bed liner. You just need to think through how you will use the truck and then decide :)

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
I had a 2002 F150 and had both and liked it. I felt like the spray in added a little weight to the bed and it rode better. I have a 2021 Lariat and have a spray in and just added a bed cover in Oct. When I do haul stuff I think it helps from stuff sliding around as much. As for "improving" the ride, the Lariat had it when I purchased it (dealer option).

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platinum
I’m starting with the mat and will get a spray liner if the bed gets badly scratched. The spray liner should cover up all the scratches.

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have the factory drop in plastic liner and I like it. Things do slide around, but loading and unloading is super easy . If the truck had not come with the liner, I probably would have bought a rubber bed mat and regretted it.

Sponsored

wilmaj32

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
I have the factory drop in plastic liner and I like it. Things do slide around, but loading and unloading is super easy . If the truck had not come with the liner, I probably would have bought a rubber bed mat and regretted it.
I have both! The rear bedrug is very reasonable...especially if you order from one of the sponsor vendors and mention your a member here. I purchased most of my upgrades from Alex at Realtruck.

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
I got the factory spray liner with my truck, and am finding that things are sliding around more than I'd like, so I plan to add a rubber mat in the spring. My 2010 had a mat only, and it was good, but the exposed areas (especially the wheel wells) got pretty banged up. Nothing slid around on the mat.
I think the spray-in plus a mat will be perfect. I'm worried about putting a shovel through the spray liner too if I go get a load of dirt or stone, so the mat will fix that.

OP
OP
Hard2hitnc

Hard2hitnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F 150 powerboost 4x4
Occupation
Geek Stuff
I have both! The rear bedrug is very reasonable...especially if you order from one of the sponsor vendors and mention your a member here. I purchased most of my upgrades from Alex at Realtruck.
What kind of discount they give us?

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
I put in Linex then a mat. All bases covered.

Sponsored

RR89

First Name
Poindexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
I had my 2015 sprayed and then I realized the reason I have done this in the past is so when the bed get scratched it doesn't rust. The bed is aluminum and won't rust so this time I'm saving my $500 bucks and going with a rubber mat to keep things from sliding around.

OP
OP
Hard2hitnc

Hard2hitnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F 150 powerboost 4x4
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Thanks for all the feedback...sounds like rubber mat for me it is since I do not haul stuff. In the small chance I do grab some rocks or mulch I will just line with some plastic. I also plan on getting a decent trifold cover.

jrm7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I'm getting my truck sprayed and already got the mat. Since I have the experience with spray-on. Things LIKES to slide all over the place. Thats why I got Ford mat to go on top of spray-on to stop the sliding. As for tonneau, go with extang trifecta 2.0. They're best.

jrm7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None