Sponsored

Sport Pkg. vs Sport Appearance Pkg. interior colors.

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
Machine Designer - Ford Motor Co.
There still seems to be a lot of confusion about Sport vs. Sport Appearance packages, when it comes to the red/brown accent color on the interior.
I think a lot of people are thinking sport Appearance pkg. when they just say "sport pkg."

it seems like 90% of the 21' F150's I see on the road, no matter the trim level, are the "Sport package. and have the "Sport" decal on the box.
My build is a 4x4 FX4 package, with the "Sport Appearance" package, to get the body color matched bumpers.

it has an all black leather interior. The FX4 with the sport appearance package seems to be the deciding factor on whether the interior has that accent color or not, assuming you didn't select the tan colored interior.
yes/no?
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If you get a 14th gen Lariat with the Sport package, you will have the reddish accents no matter if you have the FX4 or not. And you can't select the tan interior with the Sport package.

OP
OP
CaptainAmericaRob

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
If you get a 14th gen Lariat with the Sport package, you will have the reddish accents no matter if you have the FX4 or not. And you can't select the tan interior with the Sport package.
I have a Lariat FX4 w/sport appearance package on order. I doesn't have the red/brown interior accents.
It's not a "Sport package"

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have a Lariat FX4 w/sport appearance package on order. I doesn't have the red/brown interior accents.
If you have a Lariat FX4 on order, and you selected any option package that includes the word "Sport" in it, you will have the reddish/brown accents. I guarantee it. All FX4 gives you is skid plates, a locking rear axel, some floor mats and tuned shocks.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
You’ll have the accents since it’s sport appearance. Only thing FX4 does with regard to sport package is change the sport sticker to an FX4 sticker

Sponsored

OP
OP
CaptainAmericaRob

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
You’ll have the accents since it’s sport appearance. Only thing FX4 does with regard to sport package is change the sport sticker to an FX4 sticker
Ah, ok, thank you. I hope not, its hideous, lol. I asked my salesperson if mine had that color accent, and she assured me it was an all black interior.
My order sheet just says - B BLACK.
idk if that means anything, maybe they all say "Black".
I guess i'll find out in a few weeks lol... but if it has that accent color, it's getting dyed immediately!

Ford F-150 Sport Pkg. vs Sport Appearance Pkg. interior colors. build order-interior

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ah, ok, thank you. I hope not, its hideous, lol. I asked my salesperson if mine had that color accent, and she assured me it was an all black interior.
My order sheet just says - B BLACK.
idk if that means anything, maybe they all say "Black".
I guess i'll find out in a few weeks lol... but if it has that accent color, it's getting dyed immediately!

build order-interior.jpg
502A comes with an all black interior with the chrome package.

I have a 502A Sport. The accents aren't that bad. The accents are more rubbery to me than leather. I can't see how they can be dyed, but good luck.

OP
OP
CaptainAmericaRob

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
502A comes with an all black interior with the chrome package.

I have a 502A Sport. The accents aren't that bad. The accents are more rubbery to me than leather. I can't see how they can be dyed, but good luck.
from what i see.. the "Sport" package comes with the 20" wheels. Mine are the 18" wheels.
a few more weeks and i'' know lol.
i'll figure out a way to color it. A gray accent would have been more universal and go with every paint color i think.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
from what i see.. the "Sport" package comes with the 20" wheels. Mine are the 18" wheels.
a few more weeks and i'' know lol.
i'll figure out a way to color it. A gray accent would have been more universal and go with every paint color i think.
Sport package comes with 18's. 20's are optional.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Here's a snippet of my window sticker. See where it just says Black leather for the interior? It will have the red accents.

Ford F-150 Sport Pkg. vs Sport Appearance Pkg. interior colors. new.PNG

Sponsored

OP
OP
CaptainAmericaRob

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
I ordered my Lariat 501A without the sport package because I wanted the tan interior. I also didn't want all the chrome, and wanted painted bumpers...so I ordered it with two tone paint. Sport package gives you color matched bumpers, door handles, etc. But also is limited to the one accented colored interior.

OP
OP
CaptainAmericaRob

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
On the build configurator, they should make it clear when selecting the "sport appearance" package that the interior colors change.

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST
On the build configurator, they should make it clear when selecting the "sport appearance" package that the interior colors change.
It does if you look at the interior photos once selected.