Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Hey Guys,
Is it just me or does your truck sound better when switching to sport mode? I have the 5.0 and I swear it sounds like there is a deeper rumple to the exhaust when In Sport mode. It almost seems like there is some sort of electric baffle in the resonator that opens up. Or is this just in my head?
Sponsored

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
Noticed today that my Powerboost sounded louder today when I put it in Sport Mode. Could just be the higher rpm.

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Noticed today that my Powerboost sounded louder today when I put it in Sport Mode. Could just be the higher rpm.
It’s hard to say. I was thinking that as well but even if you go heavy on the gas at low RPMs it just seems like something opens up. I’m wondering if there is some kind of electric baffle somewhere along the exhaust system that opens up. Highly unlikely but sure would be cool if that’s the case.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
It’s hard to say. I was thinking that as well but even if you go heavy on the gas at low RPMs it just seems like something opens up. I’m wondering if there is some kind of electric baffle somewhere along the exhaust system that opens up. Highly unlikely but sure would be cool if that’s the case.
Nah, no baffles or cut outs. The resonator does a great job of catching the low RPMs. When you're in sport, the shift tend to keep the RPMs over 2500, which seem louder because it is. Redline it a couple times in 'normal' it sounds the same.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
That's the fake engine noise at work...

In Sport mode it usually really pipes it up and can hear more simulated engine noise. My 2019 3.5L was pretty agressive with the sounds in Sport mode, plus having my sub wired into the front door speakers made it even a little louder and deeper which was kinda cool actually. I've notice my 2021 3.5L isn't near as aggressive with the sound in Sport mode, or maybe I'm still use to my old setup.

Maybe I'm wrong since you have a 5.0, but there is no electric valves or baffles on either motors yet that I know of, the Raptor looks like it will though however.

Sponsored

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I would like to see one authentic document stating the 5.0 also has the exhaust sound chimed in. So far all I have seen is one article saying it does not. I am going to call a muffler shop tomorrow and see what they say. I can't find the answer anywhere.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
That's the fake engine noise at work...

In Sport mode it usually really pipes it up and can hear more simulated engine noise. My 2019 3.5L was pretty agressive with the sounds in Sport mode, plus having my sub wired into the front door speakers made it even a little louder and deeper which was kinda cool actually. I've notice my 2021 3.5L isn't near as aggressive with the sound in Sport mode, or maybe I'm still use to my old setup.

Maybe I'm wrong since you have a 5.0, but there is no electric valves or baffles on either motors yet that I know of, the Raptor looks like it will though however.
I would like to see one authentic document stating the 5.0 also has the exhaust sound chimed in. So far all I have seen is one article saying it does not. I am going to call a muffler shop tomorrow and see what they say. I can't find the answer anywhere.
I agree, I can’t find any documentation that they kept that for 2021, it was in the previous generation. I’m pretty sure our 2016 work truck doesn’t have it.

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I agree, I can’t find any documentation that they kept that for 2021, it was in the previous generation. I’m pretty sure our 2016 work truck doesn’t have it.
Would those of you that have the 5.0 agree the truck sounds different in sport mode? Or am I just crazy

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Has there ever been documentation that previous years had piped in exhaust notes?

Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Would those of you that have the 5.0 agree the truck sounds different in sport mode? Or am I just crazy
Yes can definitely hear the difference right away!

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Everybody says the ecoboost has it but have not heard about the 5.0
I would have to agree, I don't know if the 5.0s have them but the ecoboosts have them for sure, and maybe only on higher trims as well. It wouldn't surprise me now if the 5.0 motors had it as well now too, even if it is very suttle.

huhner5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Farmer
Absolutely yes it sounds and performs better as I run premium fuel.
Has anyone confirmed it performs better??? On my 15' Ecoboost it was actually slower in the 1/4 mile in sport mode... In my experience it just holds gears longer and makes the throttle stupid touchy... Custom Tuning is the only true "sport mode"
Sponsored