Sponsored

Speed up F-150 order by removing fender liner option?

MacTexas744

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 King Ranch, 2018 Porsche Macan S, 34 Ford
Occupation
Retired
I am ordering a Platinum and the salesman said if I take the fender liner off the order I would get it built quicker. He suggested the dealer install them after the truck arrived. Any one else been told this?
Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I am ordering a Platinum and the salesman said if I take the fender liner off the order I would get it built quicker. He suggested the dealer install them after the truck arrived. Any one else been told this?
I was told the same and removed factory spray in liner but I ordered start of March and not sure if the same constraints still apply.

If they build without chips it will be delivered quicker too. ? Good luck on your purchase.

HJL

First Name
Harv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR 5.0, 2006 Escape
Occupation
Self employed
For me removing the wheel well liners and the spray in box seemed to make a big difference. on the delivery time. My dealer tells me that mine is the first truck they have seen with the Max recline seats as well which surprised me. Must be something that makes that option hard to come by as well.

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Good luck…. Unscheduled builds aren’t even being picked up for scheduling this week. The latest was that new builds were being scheduled well into August.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Any MAJOR dealership that also warehouses should be able to get them to you in just a couple of days.
Many dealers don’t stock or even have the real estate to stock many items..

My liners and splash shields were ordered one day and showed up a couple days later, but was a week before I could pick them up.

Liners are a 5-10 minute per side install and I am being extremely generous.
Front splash shields, the same ( I got them just to keep muds and crap off the step boards.).

Rear splash shields require a few more minutes

Sponsored

PlatDrG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 4x4 PowerBoost
Told the same here in March, but certainly waiting on other components with an 10/31 ETA. Called the dealer on Friday and heard the vmail that they are only open 3days/week now, M-W. I'll call on Monday for any updates.

hescottbeats

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
hvac tech
I was told the same and removed factory spray in liner but I ordered start of March and not sure if the same constraints still apply.

If they build without chips it will be delivered quicker too. ? Good luck on your purchase.
i ordered on 3/18 and took delivery on 6/5. 5.0 lariat with power running boards, moon roof, sprayed liner and the workspace. these are all things people said stay away from because it slows down your build. my original build date of 4/19 had got pushed back 3 weeks but after that everything went smoothly and it arrived a week and a half before the eta. i know i’m very lucky, but from my experience add-ons make very little difference, if any at all

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
A lot of these rumored parts/options that cause delays are no longer issues. There very well may be new things that can slow things down, but there was a handful of specific things going around by word of mouth in the January-March timeframe that were in short supply and causing big delays (Power running boards, wheel well liners, work surface, moonroof, spray in liners, 7.2kw pro power, to name a few) that are just no longer an issue at all.

Case in point: I have a truck with moonroof, work surface, 7.2kw pro power, and spray in liner that was ordered on 4/13 and was delivered to the dealer 6/1; 7 weeks order to delivery. None of those things caused a delay at all on my truck during that time. I think the wheel well liners were a problem at one point, but others who had them have reported getting trucks in a normal timeframe since, so what you heard could be old information.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
A lot of these rumored parts/options that cause delays are no longer issues. There very well may be new things that can slow things down, but there was a handful of specific things going around by word of mouth in the January-March timeframe that were in short supply and causing big delays (Power running boards, wheel well liners, work surface, moonroof, spray in liners, 7.2kw pro power, to name a few) that are just no longer an issue at all.

Case in point: I have a truck with moonroof, work surface, 7.2kw pro power, and spray in liner that was ordered on 4/13 and was delivered to the dealer 6/1; 7 weeks order to delivery. None of those things caused a delay at all on my truck during that time. I think the wheel well liners were a problem at one point, but others who had them have reported getting trucks in a normal timeframe since, so what you heard could be old information.
i think that is true. On another thread i read someone saying they got wheel well liners from the parts counter at their local dealer. Unless Ford is completely unhinged, why would they provide optional parts for the dealers to make, oh i dunno $50 bucks profit? at the expense of deferring builds of trucks yielding '000's of dollars profit. Doesn't make sense to me. I thin your right, there make have been spot shortages earlier in the spring, but, with the exception of chip containing parts, i think most of the supply chain is worked out now.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
i ordered on 3/18 and took delivery on 6/5. 5.0 lariat with power running boards, moon roof, sprayed liner and the workspace. these are all things people said stay away from because it slows down your build. my original build date of 4/19 had got pushed back 3 weeks but after that everything went smoothly and it arrived a week and a half before the eta. i know i’m very lucky, but from my experience add-ons make very little difference, if any at all
You are lucky, you hit that May 1st where it appears majority of trucks built after that get shipped. I signed papers March 6th and receipt date was the 12th. Had the build day pushed out once and hit the line April 28th.

I would think by now that all the other manufacturers of the non-chip components would have had time to catch up with all these lines down over the last 3 months.
Sponsored