First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Hi All, I have searched and located part of my questions. I want to buy a new rim and tire to use as a full spare tire.

1. Would it fit?
I can confirm the 35x12.5 on the stock 18" sport wheels fit in the spare tire location.
I have 35X11.5 and I have the 20" Lariat Sport dark rims. So it looks like what I want to do will fit in the spare tire location.

I have couple remaining questions I could not find an answer for.

2. I cannot for the life of me find the OEM part number for my rim, so I can order another one. I can go to the dealer and give them my VIN and they should be able to get me the correct P/N, right?

3. TPMS - Does anyone put another TPMS in their spare tire? Is it worth it, useful? I believe you have to program a new sensor so it will work. When I get a flat and swap out for the spare it wont work, correct?

4. The only thing I would use it for, the spare is to get the other tire fixed. But was thinking, if the tire was damaged enough I could use the spare, since it would be full size they would just have to program the TPMS, would any tire shop be able to reprogram the TPMS in the spare?

Thank you for reading through this, any help will be great.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dbagdbag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Supra, 2021 F-150
As far as the spare fitting, yep that should fit just the same as mine. For the spare rim, I actually went on ebay and just found the same oem rim and ordered it for like half the cost. There are some places selling like-new rims, might be worth checking out. But yes you should be able to just talk with your dealer to get the part number of your specific wheel. I have never put a TPMS in the spare.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
IMO.......I would not waste money on a rim that is under the truck getting beat-up by stones and what not. You said it is only till the other tire is fixed. I would do what I had to, when the time comes, to get a replacement rim and TPMS. What if a year from now you see a set of rims that you like better than what you have and swap out? Your going to take a loss on the new spare rim and TPMS you have never used.

I don't think spares have TPMS in them, because when I have switched from summer to winter tires or back, the truck needed the TPMS reset, the spare was never done.

OP
OP
AAWhyte

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
IMO.......I would not waste money on a rim that is under the truck getting beat-up by stones and what not. You said it is only till the other tire is fixed. I would do what I had to, when the time comes, to get a replacement rim and TPMS. What if a year from now you see a set of rims that you like better than what you have and swap out? Your going to take a loss on the new spare rim and TPMS you have never used.

I don't think spares have TPMS in them, because when I have switched from summer to winter tires or back, the truck needed the TPMS reset, the spare was never done.
Thanks Kanuck that does make sense.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Thanks Kanuck that does make sense.
Welcome sir...just IMO.....I had a look at my spare yesterday and noticed that it had no balancing weights. Have never seen a tire and rim that was balanced without weights, will have to get it checked.
Sponsored