Software update kills my truck ?

rsiedlecki

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 EcoBoost King Ranch
Hi everyone just looking for a little help and an advice.

I ordered my Powerboost King Ranch back in November ‘20 and had it build date of Feb ‘21 with a delivery of Apr ‘21. As everybody else during that time my truck came with the promise of later upgrade to software to have the Blue Cruise activated in late ‘21. We all knew it was a stretch and as expected Ford delivered delays upon delays on software update. Finally got my papers from Ford 2.5 months ago to either patiently wait for OTA and with couple months software would be updated in my truck or take my truck to a dealership and they can perform the update and that it would take couple of days however ford would authorize vehicle rental for the duration of the repair. So I decided to go with that route. I figure that I have been waiting long enough. Needlessly to say that was 5 weeks ago. Truck is still at the dealership. Software update killed the truck. Since then they have replaced numerous modules, cameras and sensors. Dealers is stumped and suggesting for me to get rid of my truck as they have no hope or rather knowledge how to fix it. They have been in touch with Ford Engineering but they do not deliver any solutions and whatever patch of software they provide it either simply doesn’t work or creates another problem.

so my question is. I am leasing this vehicle and if the vehicle is deemed unrepairable what type of compensation I should be asking from ford. If you guys can help me in any way of directing me I would greatly appreciate.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Send me your vin Ill take a look

OP
OP

rsiedlecki

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
here it is

1FTFW1ED9MFA93811

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
So unnecessary. Your story.
The dealership is in over their head.

They probably have a good mechanic or two, but they obviously don't have a single employee in the service department that understands these Gen14 trucks and how to update them.

The gentleman who just asked for your VIN, on the other hand, does understand these trucks and has guided many of us to update our own trucks in the driveway. Or put another way, we avoid the dealerships until they get a better understanding.

Good luck with your truck. I predict it is far from as hopeless as they presented it.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Looking at your truck it seems they are stuck on the IPMA> As of now it looks like htey may have finally resolved it. What was the latest you heard from them in terms of issue. What I can see is the software on the modules is loaded. The did fight the IPMA a lot though. The config looks good now. The IPC is up to date and configured. SO not sure what they are saying is the issue as of now

Sponsored

OP
OP

rsiedlecki

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unfortunately they are not willing to share the exact details..... it drives me crazy

OP
OP

rsiedlecki

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes it is pretty shi...thy for a dealer to blame the truck and calling it a lemon purely based on the fact that they don't know how to handle them leaving us fending for ourselves and trying to find answers on forums. Been a devoted F150 guy since 90`s but based on this truck this might be it. I am debating with pulling the truck out of Yorkdale Ford here in Toronto area but somehow I don't have high hopes for any other once here...... keeping my fingers crossed that someone somehow gets their head screwed back on the right way. I called Ford Canada Customer Service and maybe these guys will be able to shed some light on this. Any other ideas from you guys are welcome, im getting pretty much desperate at this point... 5 weeks and still counting

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
It depends in large part on your state's lemon laws. A friend in California had a similar problem and after documenting the issues he got the manufactuer to take the vehicle back and his lease was rolled over to a one-year newer car of the same make and model.

In general it is best to wait with any software updates to be sure that there are not problems and this applies to a computer at home or a computer in your truck.

OP
OP

rsiedlecki

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It depends in large part on your state's lemon laws. A friend in California had a similar problem and after documenting the issues he got the manufactuer to take the vehicle back and his lease was rolled over to a one-year newer car of the same make and model.

In general it is best to wait with any software updates to be sure that there are not problems and this applies to a computer at home or a computer in your truck.
I would generally agree with you but that is the reason why you would take your truck/car directly to dealer to perform those updates, this is what I did.......

Sponsored

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Exact same situation here, 2021 F150 PB lariat, had alot of issues with this truck took it to the dealer to get blue cruise update and recalls now it's dead 2 weeks they don't know what's going on, at this point I'm waiting for a other 2 weeks so I can lemon this thing out

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Can you take a look at my VIN see if you see anything, same situation with a dead powerboost during a software update.

1FTFW1EDXMFB41882
I havent looked at your vin Yet but I bet they did the BCM update .. If they did it killed your truck dead

EDIT _ Yes.. They did and it killed your truck. It is a bad update from Ford. That update killed it. There is NOTHING they can do.> not even replacing the BCM will fix it. I can fix it but they cant. I see you are in dallas. I can go fix it if they let me.

OP
OP

rsiedlecki

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
unfortunately we are not that lucky with lemon laws here in Canada.....

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yes it is pretty shi...thy for a dealer to blame the truck and calling it a lemon purely based on the fact that they don't know how to handle them leaving us fending for ourselves and trying to find answers on forums. Been a devoted F150 guy since 90`s but based on this truck this might be it. I am debating with pulling the truck out of Yorkdale Ford here in Toronto area but somehow I don't have high hopes for any other once here...... keeping my fingers crossed that someone somehow gets their head screwed back on the right way. I called Ford Canada Customer Service and maybe these guys will be able to shed some light on this. Any other ideas from you guys are welcome, im getting pretty much desperate at this point... 5 weeks and still counting
I have no idea what to do I'm 2 weeks in the dealership doesn't know what to do, they haven't even given me a loaner yet absolutely a joke that I spent 75k on a truck and can't get a loaner. This will definitely be my last ford what a shame t
I havent looked at your vin Yet but I bet they did the BCM update .. If they did it killed your truck dead

EDIT _ Yes.. They did and it killed your truck. It is a bad update from Ford. That update killed it. There is NOTHING they can do.> not even replacing the BCM will fix it. I can fix it but they cant. I see you are in dallas. I can go fix it if they let me.
My service advisor is a moron barely keeps me updated with anything, I just want my truck back so bad at this point, it's at randell Reed planet Ford 365 I made a huge mistake taking it there but was the closest dealership to me, if Ford knows it's bricking the trucks why are the still allowing dealers to update.

Edit: I forgot they already replaced the BCM and tried it again didn't work, now saying they are waiting for Ford tech to get back to them
Sponsored