Software Error with the vehicle option configuration

Bugzuki

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost Super Crew 4x4
On January 31st I got a message in my Ford app stating there was a Service Engine Soon Warning for "The powertrain control system has detected a software error with the vehicle option configuration". This is accompanied by a code P160A-00 "Control Module Vehicle Options Reconfiguration Error".

I think it coincided with an update to 22177_PRODUCT, Revision 473, because that day my system moved the Android Auto buttons from the bottom to vertically up the left side of the screen.

I changed the options so that they horn doesn't honk when you get out and close the door when the vehicle is on, like the generator is running. I also tried to make it so the cameras are able to be on while driving. Mainly I wanted to be able to go off-road and have the front camera on all the time instead of just when you are going 2 mph. I think I changed a couple other things, but don't remember exactly. Would have to go look at my papers.

Has anyone else seen this error message?
Sponsored

ReverendQ

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PowerBoost 302A Avalanche BAP
Occupation
Engineer
Hello @Bugzuki , I have it too after implementing a bunch of module updates with FDRS. How was it resolved?

OP
OP

Bugzuki

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost Super Crew 4x4
Hello @Bugzuki , I have it too after implementing a bunch of module updates with FDRS. How was it resolved?
I haven't resolved it that I know of. I have not looked for it. So I don't know if it went away with an update or is still there somewhere.
Sponsored