SoCal Chat

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
What's up. Thought I'd get a SoCal Chat going. Sandy Eggo here. XLT SCrew Powerboost on order.

Ford F-150 SoCal Chat {filename}
Sponsored

oddlou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Star White Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Yo! I'm from National City, but have been in L.A. for over 20 years now. My first car was a Ford Ranger purchased in La Mesa. ?

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
San Diego here as well! Got a Lariat 4x4 Powerboost that's in San Diego somewhere right now, just not quite at the dealer yet. Hopefully this weekend.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Nice. Some local help and empathy. LOL
San Diego here too. Ordered from Penske Ford La Mesa Jan29th. Priority 10. X Plan. KC build
Slipped 2 times after storms last month and then shutdown this week.
March 22 then April 8th now hopefully next week or so build day. waiting.
In production, scheduled delivery to dealer May12th. (End date) got vin, got sticker.
XLT 302A, Supercab, 6.5", 5.0L, 3.73, Space White, Sport 4x4, 20" dark alloys, pedals, window, retractable, wheel liners, spray in. So will go offsite. (No max tow, no 360, no assist 2.0, no FX4)
Got 13" antenna, tactical hitch, fluid film, coyote sticker, lol waiting patiently...
Ordering Rustoleum high heat flat black, rust remover, CRC inhibitor, wire brushes. ugh
Planning getting some small mods in El Cajon, good shops there.
Maybe tint, cutout, trip to race legal at Barona 1/8th. LOL
Maybe Belltec 3/4 drop with sway, BFG comp T/A, maybe leveled on BFG KO's not sure yet.

Maybe we can share best shops dealers etc in SD/LA.
So far very happy with Penske La Mesa and sales guy Shan P.
Great info from LineX El Cajon and Rhino SD on rust issue. Will address it myself.

Thanks for listening, (I feel better now)
Richard

Preview of similar truck :
Weird we have 4 trucks here with Oxford, Star and , Space White.

Ford F-150 SoCal Chat 1618071391140

Last edited:

Sponsored

oddlou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Star White Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Nice. Some local help and empathy. LOL
San Diego here too. Ordered from Penske Ford La Mesa Jan29th. Priority 10. X Plan. KC build
Slipped 2 times after storms last month and then shutdown this week.
March 22 then April 8th now hopefully next week or so build day. waiting.
In production, scheduled delivery to dealer May12th. (End date) got vin, got sticker.
XLT 302A, Supercab, 6.5", 5.0L, 3.73, Space White, Sport 4x4, 20" dark alloys, pedals, window, retractable, wheel liners, spray in. So will go offsite. (No max tow, no 360, no assist 2.0, no FX4)
Got 13" antenna, tactical hitch, fluid film, coyote sticker, lol waiting patiently...
Ordering Rustoleum high heat flat black, rust remover, CRC inhibitor, wire brushes. ugh
Planning getting some small mods in El Cajon, good shops there.
Maybe tint, cutout, trip to race legal at Barona 1/8th. LOL
Maybe Belltec 3/4 drop with sway, BFG comp T/A, maybe leveled on BFG KO's not sure yet.

Maybe we can share best shops dealers etc in SD/LA.
So far very happy with Penske La Mesa and sales guy Shan P.
Great info from LineX El Cajon and Rhino SD on rust issue. Will address it myself.

Thanks for listening, (I feel better now)
Richard

Preview of similar truck :
Weird we have 4 trucks here with Oxford, Star and , Space White.

Ford F-150 SoCal Chat {filename}
When I was looking for my truck, I looked--online--all over southern California and found mostly the Star White in the trims I was looking at (Limited/Platinum/Lariat--I was looking for a land yacht, not a work truck :LOL:). I thought about the black, but my wife vetoed because she said I suck at getting car washes and black shows dirt too easily (little did she know that I would wash this truck more in the almost 2 months I've had it than I washed my last car in the last couple of years). I asked around for one of the gray colors, but nobody had those in stock. I wonder if white just sells better out here.

Your mods all sound great. The wheel-well liners and more aggressive tire completely change the look of the truck for the better. I was considering a level before I put on my BFGs, but the truck looks taller with just the slightly bigger tire. So I may just leave it unless I decide to change out the wheels.

Here's my truck on the dealer lot, then with just tires, then with the tires and wheel-well liners:

Ford F-150 SoCal Chat 1618083654860

Ford F-150 SoCal Chat 1618083669297

Ford F-150 SoCal Chat 1618083684922

Also, Go Pads! I teared up with that last out last night.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Nice. OddLou, You're so right, looks so much better with liners and BFG's !!!
Odd I just completely flipped from hate rear gap and rake to love it with liners and BFG's.
Now I'll have to burn up the Hankook A/T's it comes with asap. LOL

Yeh I was thinking carbonized, wife said no gray, maybe red, was getting rapid red, showed her pics, she said too bright maybe white. OK if she's happy n I get all the goodies I want...
Didn't really want Oxford again (old Ranger 4.0, Kearny Mesa Ford), hated configurator tan looking Space white, Star is expensive step up from XLT, then saw Space in person and dang, I love it, immediately ordered it in Space White. Happy wife happy life.

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
From LA, ordered from South Bay Ford. The truck order was submitted on 07/07 and I was told 3 months. First new vehicle for me and super pumped! Here’s to hoping it’s built correctly, and quickly (eta 3 months per the dealership at time of ordering).

OP
OP
"Steve"

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
never checked back in here when i got the truck. when's the meet? hooters this thursday?

Ford F-150 SoCal Chat 20210909_170741

OP
OP
"Steve"

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
so many white hybrids.

Sponsored

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
I live in the LA area and have seen maybe a total of 10 trucks (2021).
Sponsored