So, where are all the trucks...

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Over the holiday's I drove from NW Arkansas to Savannah, GA and back. At least 50% of the miles were on 4-lane cross country highways through a ton of southern towns. I estimate I passed upwards of 25 Ford dealers, some pretty large, and saw exactly one dealer with 2021's on the lot. Truth be told, I didn't stop to explore the grounds, but with reduced inventories at many of the dealers, it was pretty easy to gauge what they had just from the road. I read the below article while in Georgia and got to thinking on my drive: If this is speeding up production/delivery, I would hate to see what it would have been like had they just finished the trucks at the factory.

Also, I thought this article a bit odd as we have been previously been told the units sitting all around Detroit and KC needed updates/adjustments. Sounds like they just were not finished yet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...lizing-the-trucks-outside-factory/ar-BB1clJTK
Sponsored

Last edited:

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I was at my dealer this morning to have my 2021 F-150 looked at after I woke up to a completely dead battery....but I digress.

While there I noticed my dealer had probably 15 to 20, 2021s on the lot waiting for sale. Brighton Ford in MI.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
A dealer about 20 miles from me, one of the biggest Ford dealers in California has 3, 2 STX and 1 loaded to heck Lariat, they got their first truck 3 weeks ago. The dealer in my town got 2 XLTs last week, they are beginning to trickle down over here. Mine isnt set to be built until February so I am definitely NOT Stressing

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
A dealer about 20 miles from me, one of the biggest Ford dealers in California has 3, 2 STX and 1 loaded to heck Lariat, they got their first truck 3 weeks ago. The dealer in my town got 2 XLTs last week, they are beginning to trickle down over here. Mine isnt set to be built until February so I am definitely NOT Stressing
Which one is the big one you are talking about? Now that I have seen the King Ranch in person in Folsom, now I'm refreshing all the hybrids until they are delivered so I can test drive. The lariat that landed at Future got snatched up same day by a forum member, so next up is a Limited coming to Folsom.

No, YOU keep hitting refresh on the Ford tracker every 5 minutes... https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/pages/tracker/?VIN=1FTFW1ED4MFA61266

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Which one is the big one you are talking about? Now that I have seen the King Ranch in person in Folsom, now I'm refreshing all the hybrids until they are delivered so I can test drive. The lariat that landed at Future got snatched up same day by a forum member, so next up is a Limited coming to Folsom.

No, YOU keep hitting refresh on the Ford tracker every 5 minutes... https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/pages/tracker/?VIN=1FTFW1ED4MFA61266
Serramonte Ford, its smaller than Future Ford but still very sizable.

Sponsored

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
“Where are the Trucks?”
I wish I could figure out where my truck is. Built 11/28 and ready for shipment....
Dealer says VIN can’t be searched cuz they marked it as SOLD. Is that BS or not?

OP
OP
05RubiconLJ

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
“Where are the Trucks?”
I wish I could figure out where my truck is. Built 11/28 and ready for shipment....
Dealer says VIN can’t be searched cuz they marked it as SOLD. Is that BS or not?
I really can't say for sure whether that is true or not, but that seems pretty unlikely. The truck could be tagged (green maroney) as customer ordered, but it should not be showing sold until you can completed 100% of the paperwork and are off the lot with it.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I think many dealers are still rebuilding their inventory after the rush on trucks last year. Just after the toilet paper shortage all it took was a few articles and news reports on production line shut downs, anyone with a down payment and good credit rushed to get a truck like it was Cuba in 1959. Toyota was offering 0% financing on Tacomas which rarely happens and the local big Toyota dealer went from having dozens of trucks to just a single one with a manual transmission that they tacked a $5,000 ADM onto, just because it was their last one. The closest Ford dealer that does volume on work trucks went from having their overflow lot overflowing, to not having a single truck. What that did was make a lot of people in the replacement market either buy used or wait. By the time remaining 2020’s started arriving at dealer lots, it was already well into when the 2021’s were supposed to arrive and the dealers were greedy, not doing deals on the newly arrived 2020s. Anyone patient enough isn’t going to want a 2020, now that more is known about the new trucks and so I imagine it will be a little while before you start seeing the lots full of trucks again. Perhaps even when the 2022’s start arriving.

OP
OP
05RubiconLJ

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think many dealers are still rebuilding their inventory after the rush on trucks last year. Just after the toilet paper shortage all it took was a few articles and news reports on production line shut downs, anyone with a down payment and good credit rushed to get a truck like it was Cuba in 1959. Toyota was offering 0% financing on Tacomas which rarely happens and the local big Toyota dealer went from having dozens of trucks to just a single one with a manual transmission that they tacked a $5,000 ADM onto, just because it was their last one. The closest Ford dealer that does volume on work trucks went from having their overflow lot overflowing, to not having a single truck. What that did was make a lot of people in the replacement market either buy used or wait. By the time remaining 2020’s started arriving at dealer lots, it was already well into when the 2021’s were supposed to arrive and the dealers were greedy, not doing deals on the newly arrived 2020s. Anyone patient enough isn’t going to want a 2020, now that more is known about the new trucks and so I imagine it will be a little while before you start seeing the lots full of trucks again. Perhaps even when the 2022’s start arriving.
Interestingly enough, I had to go back to Georgia about 2 weeks after I made my original post. Just about every single dealer I was referring to before had 2021’s sitting out front this time around. 2 weeks made a huge difference. Distribution of models is still a little wonky, as the dealer I ordered through has not seen a single truck above XLT come in. That is Ford’s bread and butter, but still odd.
Sponsored