First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Super Crew, 1997 Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired
So you stacked incentives, not a $3,500 coupon.
Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Anybody who would ever think that Ford would continually raise the price over 2 years and offer fewer options would buy that bridge. A 2023 build of my 2022 KR is $5,575 more, and does not include Active Motion or Navigation. This is simply not sustainable when GM and Ram are already offering incentives. While not truly a discounted MSRP, the effective cost of the vehicle is less. Ram offering $6k incentives. People who ordered from Ford and got tired of being jerked around are jumping all over this.

Ford will compete, and drop their prices especially when 2025's have landed on the lot (Aug 2024). And this price drop will be further exasperated by lenders' APR. Higher rates afford less truck.

You can spit in one hand, wish in the other, and see which one fills up faster. Our trucks will have a horrendous depreciation in 2 years and new trucks MSRP will decline after normalization. To ignore this is naive.
Is it free enterprise or capitalism that bothers you most?

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
So you stacked incentives, not a $3,500 coupon.
yes 2500 pco , 500 for fmc , plus farm burea and the 1k accesseroies
its still incentives
but biggest was x plan start price of 63, then take off the 3500 and the accessories.
it was a win for us .
we had so much positive equity in the trade that i got refunded sales tax.
my 21 f250 actually paid me to drive it a year and a few weeks.

i looked at this truck in dec and the sales guy said no x plan, then by happenstance they called me in april to see if i was still interested the KR. i asked about x plan and it was an immediate YES. seems old sales guy (fired) was not a good fit

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Is it free enterprise or capitalism that bothers you most?
I'm more worried about the changes that Ford has made that impact me. I don't like what I see and think it needs to be changed. So I am depending on Free Enterprise to change Ford's asinine ways. I will not support Ford as long as they continue to be tone deaf, isolate their customers, and offer solutions that have nothing to do with reality. A Fortune 25 company that depends on social media to identify warranty issues?!

Centralizing sales, online orders and cutting the dealers out?
Requiring Lightning owners to sign away their rights to sell within 1 year of delivery?
Refusing leasees the opportunity to purchase their cars at the end of term?
Cease production of ICE vehicles by 2030?

When you move from a customer centric (freedom to choose) model to a manufacturer centric (dictates imposed) model, well, capitalism is not what comes to mind.

Just ask those who have owned Merkur, Mercury, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, etc, about leadership at the corporate level. When Ford's brand suffers, so does the value of our vehicles.

Ryan74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Carbonized Gray 4x4
Everyone I know thinks car dealers are outdated/annoying and can’t wait for them to be replaced with online sales.

Sponsored

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
yes 2500 pco , 500 for fmc , plus farm burea and the 1k accesseroies
its still incentives
but biggest was x plan start price of 63, then take off the 3500 and the accessories.
it was a win for us .
we had so much positive equity in the trade that i got refunded sales tax.
my 21 f250 actually paid me to drive it a year and a few weeks.

i looked at this truck in dec and the sales guy said no x plan, then by happenstance they called me in april to see if i was still interested the KR. i asked about x plan and it was an immediate YES. seems old sales guy (fired) was not a good fit
One dealer in DFW paid $10k over MSRP for a 21 F250 KR trade, $4k for a 21 XL. I had to purchase 2 to get X Plan in 22. We got $750 using my daughters college student rebate. Don't know what PCO is.

My friend got a $3,500 coupon before he purchased his 21 KR. My point is, industry analyists have been tracking these rebates. Ford will be putting fewer unsold vehicles on the lots and are moving to Manufacturer Direct purchasing. Lower the supply, control pricing, and incentives go away.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
One dealer in DFW paid $10k over MSRP for a 21 F250 KR trade, $4k for a 21 XL. I had to purchase 2 to get X Plan in 22. We got $750 using my daughters college student rebate. Don't know what PCO is.

My friend got a $3,500 coupon before he purchased his 21 KR. My point is, industry analyists have been tracking these rebates. Ford will be putting fewer unsold vehicles on the lots and are moving to Manufacturer Direct purchasing. Lower the supply, control pricing, and incentives go away.
i dont know about incentives going away nor the loss of dealer supplies. fords needs dealers to do service and warranty.
maybe the big lots will have less than 100s they had before, but fact remains a whole lot of people buy on impulse and NOW vice waiting for months.

OP
OP
Longdeck

Longdeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Platinum 701A PB
Occupation
Retired Drives & Controls Automation Electrical Engineer
I know a lot of people are hoping for a recession and maybe your one but we are not their yet. We will surly be in one sooner or later. This is a very long stretch from the last but the numbers are very conflicting. We are in a time that has not been seen before with market forces that are keeping the best just guessing. I know a lot of people are hoping for a downturn but as a Rep. I don't bet against my country. Keep some faith in our great county.
I’m not hoping for recession, never have but reality says it’s here. When going through late ‘70’s, early 80’s, one knows. First house bought was 12% interest rate in 1984. I was happy to own it to get out of high apartment rent at the time. By 1986, paid cash for new F-150 Lariat because financing interest rate was 16%. Recession only makes most of us broker and was hoping to have good retirement but 2022…Yikes!!!

If thinking about buying vehicle or house, do it because the current finance rates may never be back for years.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Whole lot of emotions flying around in here.

Trucks piling up on lots for chip holds and trickling out to dealers isn’t anything new, it’s been happening for over a year now.

Will Ford try to lower prices or offer deep rebates to try and move them?

My magic 8 ball says “Maybe”

Fords not going to “magically” deliver tens of thousands of trucks to dealerships and create a supply crunch, take a look around the forums, they can’t even get customer orders that are spoken for delivered in a timely manner.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
What this forum can't account for is the undeniable vast number of thousands of vehicles delivered every month that aren't represented here.

Afterall, Ford sold 150,000 vehicles just last month. Try to get your head around that. 5000 per DAY

A fella NOT a member ordered his truck April 15th. Delivered July 12th. Similar experience to one I ordered in 2018.

He's unaware of 90% that's discussed on forums

Ford F-150 So when does the big dump begin? download (3)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
I doubt prices will ever get back to where they were last year. got tired of watching savings and investments lose value so I bought my first new vehicle.

OP
OP
Longdeck

Longdeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Platinum 701A PB
Occupation
Retired Drives & Controls Automation Electrical Engineer
Afterall, Ford sold 150,000 vehicles just last month. Try to get your head around that. 5000 per DAY
I’ll have to say, Ford is doing one heck of a job bragging it up about the July financial results and how the F-150s are the Golden Goose. ;)

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
i was bull muffin about co2 from the volcano, it does emit a huge amount but the global bs machines think its only a very small amount. meanwhile it did poop out ALOT

as long as vegetables are in control, we may as well prepare for hunger games and logans run all in one.

ICE are not going to be gone or not produced by 2030. nope . they already emit cleaner air than what goes in. so ICE are cleaning the air we breathe.
EV is a way station to hydrogen or some other similar fuel,
the environmental impact of lithium powered vehicles is being hidden, its going to be worse than spent nuke fuel

renewable diesel or gas from plants is a huge win for ICE .
planes wont fly non stop across the atlantic without fuel..EV is not going to cut it.

fords golden goose has always been the pickups, 150s and superduties. gm is in the same boat although they break numbers out in a different way

maybe a few brands will die away, lincoln killed the continental no one wants a big sedan, we all want a big truck or suv we have kids or dogs that need space or some of us like having a place to throw our junk out of weather
some of us are large and stand over 6.3 feet and have a svelte type girth so we need a big comfy seat vice a phone book seat

so lets enjoy or freedoms and buy what makes us GO happy happy happy
and always work the best deal that makes you feel good

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Everyone I know thinks car dealers are outdated/annoying and can’t wait for them to be replaced with online sales.
Then you don't know me and LOTS of Tesla owners who hate the direct-to-consumer model. My Tesla sales and service experience (4x) has been dismal, much prefer the dealer model where you can actually work with a human, both in sales in service. Direct-to-consumer? No one there. Ever. By design you cannot speak with a person.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
This is one of the more absurd threads ever on a forum. I just traded my 12,500-mile 2021 PowerBoost King ranch F-150 two weeks ago for my 2022 Platinum Lightning. Paid MSRP for the Lightning and received $2k more than I paid for the '21 PowerBoost from the original selling dealer ($69k trade value vs $67k paid new) in May 2021 - got paid to drive it for 14 months. Same for the '19 Tesla, MX that I sold to the Ford dealer on the same day - roughly what I paid for it three years ago in 2019, with 38k miles on it.

There is no truck inventory anywhere to speak of, no discounts, many dealer markups, long waiting lists. We are not going to see any dumping for a very long time. Consumer are more flush than ever in history, and even with dipping GDP, there is more cash in the bank, a healthy job market, with a wider open-to-hire than at any time in U.S. history. Consumers are able to purchase and have the capacity, so no way this thesis is even close. I am generally a pessimistic economist, but not on this particular question. There are way too many people looking for too few vehicles. I hate to agree with leftist economists, but this is an unusual recession because despite a pullback in GDP, workers aren't participating in job losses, and incomes are going up, albeit not at the rate of inflation. Silver linings do apply in this era, at least for now. Longer term, the debt bomb is still coming...
Sponsored