So now the wait begins for me too

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
I put my deposit down today on my truck. I went with the Platinum Super Crew 4X4 6.5 bed in Antimatter Blue with black interior with 701 A, FX4, Heavy Duty Tow package, tow mirrors, 2kw pro power, and a moonroof.
Sponsored

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
I put my deposit down today on my truck. I went with the Platinum Super Crew 4X4 6.5 bed in Antimatter Blue with black interior with 701 A, FX4, Heavy Duty Tow package, tow mirrors, 2kw pro power, and a moonroof.
i like your choices except for a moonroof in FL heat and black interior on a truck color that often looks black. The default lighter gray interior is a very nice compliment to a dark exterior IMHO.

rucus0101

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Navigator, Mustang
Moonroof hits payload hard and ends up leaking :)

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
i like your choices except for a moonroof in FL heat and black interior on a truck color that often looks black. The default lighter gray interior is a very nice compliment to a dark exterior IMHO.
Platinum only has the "black" or carmelo (tan-ish) interior. There is no default lighter gray? You mean XLT?

Sponsored

OP
OP
UNCGrad

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have had a moonroof (or a convertible) for my entire car life. I have lived in Florida for over 30 years so I am used to the heat with moonroofs. Granted this one is larger but that is another good reason to pre-start your car in the summer.

There is no gray with the Platinum, It was black or Carmelo. I have had light seats before and was not happy with them. I currently have a dark maroon/brown and they are much better for my lifestyle.

I was tossing between the Antimatter Blue and the Rapid Red. Saw the Antimatter Blue in the sunshine and really liked it. Plus how fast I drive, I do not need the red to draw attention to myself. ;)

OP
OP
UNCGrad

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moonroof hits payload hard and ends up leaking :)
I was all set to go Lariat without the moonroof. Husband stepped in and said that he wanted the moonroof (his current F150 has one)and thought the Platinum was a better choice for us. I have (knock on wood) never had one leak. This would be my 5th vehicle with one.

I will be ok on the payload. There will be a dog box that will go in the back. It weighs about 400 pounds add in 200 pounds of dogs. The dog box blocks the entire rear window hence the tow mirrors to give me a better view. We may never tow anything with the truck more than his Gheenoe but my husband likes to be prepared.

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
Platinum only has the "black" or carmelo (tan-ish) interior. There is no default lighter gray? You mean XLT?
You can’t get what the Lariat can? Very odd. Makes no sense.
  • Medium Dark Slate
Black is def the better choice over Tan on a dark vehicle, for sure. I got the two-toned antimatter, I’m pumped.

OP
OP
UNCGrad

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You can’t get what the Lariat can? Very odd. Makes no sense.
  • Medium Dark Slate
Black is def the better choice over Tan on a dark vehicle, for sure. I got the two-toned antimatter, I’m pumped.
The Platinum has a different design for the seat and it only comes in two choices - black or carmelo.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I don't know why some people say all moon roofs leak. Like UNCGrad, I have had moon roofs in almost every car I have purchased (and that is a lot) and I have never had a leakier.

There are some minor things you need to do owning a roof and just looks like some don't do it. Keep the drains clear if you park under trees, especially pine trees and apply a silicon spray on all your rubber seals on the entire truck once per year. Never had a problem.

Also the moon roofs have a shade cover.

Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Likewise, over the last 50+ years, I had many vehicles with sliding roof/moon roofs and only had one leaked a little!- It was a 2016 Ford Plat 4X4, etc.. I cleaned out the drain hole and was good to go.

Spot on Bob, this has to be part of your self-routine vehicle maintenance. For me I do have to worry about all the math to do with weight, towing, etc.. I'll always take the full moon-roof & love it on the F150. By the way there are numerous YouTube videos on the "HOW TO" of cleaning, etc.. of Ford moon roof - drainage.

Lastley, your rubber moon-roof seal (lube -maint), is just as critical as oil changes, fuel & air filter chanes, door seal & tire maint etc..

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
Just ordered my truck. Anyone know how I can add it to my ford account so I can start tracking it?

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Your delaership is the one who tracks it until you get your VIN. I know of no other way. My dealer said 1st you get a build date, 2nd a few days before the build - expect a VIN #, once VIN# is assigned then on this site (your can search location) the site to type in your VIN and search etc.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Likewise, over the last 50+ years, I had many vehicles with sliding roof/moon roofs and only had one leaked a little!- It was a 2016 Ford Plat 4X4, etc.. I cleaned out the drain hole and was good to go.

Spot on Bob, this has to be part of your self-routine vehicle maintenance. For me I do have to worry about all the math to do with weight, towing, etc.. I'll always take the full moon-roof & love it on the F150. By the way there are numerous YouTube videos on the "HOW TO" of cleaning, etc.. of Ford moon roof - drainage.

Lastley, your rubber moon-roof seal (lube -maint), is just as critical as oil changes, fuel & air filter chanes, door seal & tire maint etc..
Thank you for explaining this, Jim. Very helpful!

For the rest, I took Jim’s advice and found an informative 3-minute YouTube video on the subject here:

Sponsored