So I tinted my front windshield....

Coreytime

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I did the xpel prime xr plus on the front windshield.. 50%...

Now my screen sensor thinks its dark during the day and the only time it will automatically adjust is if my truck is directly at the son if that makes sense.. and even then most of the time it doesn't trigger..

Anyone know where the sensor is? It looks like he cut around the rearview mirror to try to avoid this but i'm not sure that's where the sensor is..
Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
On top of the dash, in the center a few inches back from the windshield.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
One option would be to go back and get it replaced with 70%. I have xpel prime xr at 70% and the main screen stays white during the day. Just another option....

OP
OP

Coreytime

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
One option would be to go back and get it replaced with 70%. I have xpel prime xr at 70% and the main screen stays white during the day. Just another option....
Yeah I will try and live with it if that's the case. I'm going to see how it is during the dead of the day and how often it will adjust. I just noticed last night and this morning. Both times the sun wasnt fully out.. we shall see..

But for those who haven't done this on their windshield. Let ME be the sacrificial lamb lol

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
I run a 35% winshield and the screen is set to dark mode all the time.
Might give it a try.

Sponsored

Sethysan

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150
Occupation
Healthcare
Wish I had saw this thread an hour ago haha.
I just dropped my truck off to get tint and with the XR 55 on the front. I guess we’ll see if it bothers me enough to come back for 70.

this Might be stupid, but I know you’re saying your screen/interior is in dark mode, but your headlights are still running DRLs or are they on in auto mode?

Mont1414

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
What’s everyone paying for a windshield tint ? Here in Canada the quotes are ranging from $280-350 for 70%

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
What’s everyone paying for a windshield tint ? Here in Canada the quotes are ranging from $280-350 for 70%
Seems high. I'm basing that on the fact that I paid $675 for ceramic tint all around. 4 doors plus windshield.

C. Mays

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat; Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Project Management
Seems high. I'm basing that on the fact that I paid $675 for ceramic tint all around. 4 doors plus windshield.
I paid $700 for Xpel all around and 70% on windshield and pano.

Mont1414

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Yea I paid $210 for ceramic tint on the front windows but the place said they only had sun strip film for $70 for the front windshield. I felt $300 for the windshield was a lot considering you can tint 4 car windows and the back window for around 400

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
XPEL Prime XR Ceramic; 20% on front two doors; 70% on rear doors, rear glass, & windshield. $600.

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
Wish I had saw this thread an hour ago haha.
I just dropped my truck off to get tint and with the XR 55 on the front. I guess we’ll see if it bothers me enough to come back for 70.

this Might be stupid, but I know you’re saying your screen/interior is in dark mode, but your headlights are still running DRLs or are they on in auto mode?
Good question and im not sure

Sethysan

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150
Occupation
Healthcare
Yeah I will try and live with it if that's the case. I'm going to see how it is during the dead of the day and how often it will adjust. I just noticed last night and this morning. Both times the sun wasnt fully out.. we shall see..

But for those who haven't done this on their windshield. Let ME be the sacrificial lamb lol

Any update on your end? I have been a little annoyed as my auto headlights will kick on far more often. I was trying to think if there was a way to alter the sensor cover on the dash, or a setting somewhere to make it less likely to swap over from DRLs/dark screen. The 55% makes it swap to dark mode if I happen to turn down a road not facing directly toward the sun...

Leaning toward going back for 70% which is the easiest solution of course.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I’ve got 80% on mine and have the same problem with the screen darkening if I’m facing away from the sun. It didn’t always do it - wondering if the sensitivity of the sensor can be adjusted.

TailoredSouth

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum, FX4, Powerboost
Occupation
Real Estate Developer
Is everyone having issues with interior dimming/screen issues with windshield tint?
Sponsored