First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
I live in northern Minnesota and have a problem with snow accumulating on my F150 running boards making the doors sometimes hard to open. I also live on a gravel road and sometimes the snow has gravel and sand mixed in with it which will scratch the paint on the lower part of the doors. Does anyone else have the same problem or am I the only freak on this site?
Sponsored

SteveP150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I definitely get the same buildup here in Park City. Thinking about getting fenders/flaps to see if that helps.

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
I have the Ford OEM mud flaps and haven’t been getting any snow/ice buildup on my running boards here in Montana.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Took delivery of mine late January and I was having ice build up between the running boards and body of the truck. Created a nasty rubbing/creaking sound while driving and going over bumps. I added the Ford molded splash guards to try to prevent this. Haven't had significant snow since installing them, but any build up has been minimal with them. I think long term they'll do the trick.

Drufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lead Foot Lariat
I got husky flaps to fix this issue. they do an OK job, but still get a little build up with them.

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2019 Expedition
I live in NW Minnesota and put the Ford OEM molded flaps on right after I got the truck. No issues at all this winter with ice or snow on my boards!
Sponsored