Sponsored

Slight tire rub at full lock can't identify

bossbolognese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 platinum 701a on order
I put 0 offset 17x9 wheels on my truck with 285 /70 R17 toyo AT3s (as close to OEM in size as I could find). I'm getting some sort of rubbing at full lock only when backing up and steering with the wheels pointed to the left. It almost feels like it'll rub and skip (kind of a thud thud thud noise/feeling) but I stuck my head back there and can't physicall see any marks or idea of what it's rubbing on. Before I go and ask someone to stick it on a lift I was hoping someone might have an idea on how to figure out what it's rubbing on. I would think it'd happen on both sides but I've only noticed it on one side.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

bossbolognese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 platinum 701a on order
I'm an idiot. Entire time I thought it was coming from the drivers side (had mudflap rubbing issues before) but it was the passenger front crash bar. Admittedly this is the first time I've ever gotten aftermarket wheels/tires that have a different offset. But I'll just leave this up as a shame on me for not looking hard enough. At any point, pop the two crash bar bolts loose and push the bar forward and it clears now so mystery solved.
Ford F-150 Slight tire rub at full lock can't identify 1678664507639

Ford F-150 Slight tire rub at full lock can't identify 1678664671874