Sliding Rear Window Rattle - Help!

SpartanDS

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4, Space White
I have the B&O speakers. When I am driving with the rear sliding glass window open, the vibration from the speakers is causing the window to rattle so loud that its impossible to ignore. It is to the point that I can either have no music and drive with it open, or music and drive with it closed.

Does anyone else have this issue? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
This will probably be unpopular and hurt a bunch of feelings around here..... I feel like my new 2021 F150 Limited rattles just as much as my 2006 Mustang GT. On the mustang I chased every rattle for months until I finally had them all gone but I had to do it all myself with small felt and other wedges between panels, in dash, etc. I feel like I’m going to have to do the same with the F150. There are certain songs that hit certain bass frequencies that just bring it out much more than others, and I’m not talking about anything crazy.

My plan is to put that song on, and just sit in various parts of my cab until I’ve identified them all and eliminated. Maybe that’s too much for some, but I’m pedantic like that. My last car was a BMW 550ix and there wasn’t a single rattle anywhere at any volume of any song or frequency - that’s the mark I WILL hit with the F150 as well.

To your specific question re: rear sliding window, I have not tested but I’ll add that as one of my test cases and will revert back.

OP
OP
SpartanDS

SpartanDS

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4, Space White
This will probably be unpopular and hurt a bunch of feelings around here..... I feel like my new 2021 F150 Limited rattles just as much as my 2006 Mustang GT. On the mustang I chased every rattle for months until I finally had them all gone but I had to do it all myself with small felt and other wedges between panels, in dash, etc. I feel like I’m going to have to do the same with the F150. There are certain songs that hit certain bass frequencies that just bring it out much more than others, and I’m not talking about anything crazy.

My plan is to put that song on, and just sit in various parts of my cab until I’ve identified them all and eliminated. Maybe that’s too much for some, but I’m pedantic like that. My last car was a BMW 550ix and there wasn’t a single rattle anywhere at any volume of any song or frequency - that’s the mark I WILL hit with the F150 as well.

To your specific question re: rear sliding window, I have not tested but I’ll add that as one of my test cases and will revert back.
Nothing more frustrating than a rattle on a brand new truck. It’s going to be a tough one to fix because its a motor powered window and it only rattles when the window is open. If you figure it out, please let me know how you did it!

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
I have noticed the same thing. It's finally gotten warm enough to open the rear slider. The bass on some songs has something back there rattling when its open. I don't know if the dealer can fix it.

ekaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning,VolvoXC90T6, BMW1250RT
Occupation
Consultant
I have the B&O speakers. When I am driving with the rear sliding glass window open, the vibration from the speakers is causing the window to rattle so loud that its impossible to ignore. It is to the point that I can either have no music and drive with it open, or music and drive with it closed.

Thanks in advance!
Same here. my 2013 and 2020 never had this issue, and it is very annoying. Have not ventured back to address the root cause. But will try this wekeend.

Sponsored

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician

Thanks in advance!
Mine had the exact opposite problem, with the window completely closed and the radio on the bass caused the back window to start rattling. As soon as I cracked the window open even the smallest bit, it went away.

Turns out part of the upper slider track was loose. I just noticed that it had started falling out today. Shoved that puppy right back up in there and the rattle is now completely gone.

Is it possible that your rattle might also be loose track related?

Ford F-150 Sliding Rear Window Rattle - Help! PXL_20210421_151456052

Edit: Sorry for the unfocused photo. For some reason my phone didn't want to focus inside the cab.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Mine does not rattle when slid closed, but it rattles at various combinations of open-width and bass frequencies. Song changes it is fine, or on a rattly song I can open-close it slightly to get rid of the rattle. I haven't had enough time and energy yet to fully investigate options but if you guys figure out an easy fix I'm all ears ?

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Mine rattles when open. It’s fine when closed.

Doublet

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 502A Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Development

Thanks in advance!
Yes, This has been driving me crazy.

Leadfoot11

First Name
Reinhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 leadfoot grey lariat
Occupation
Physician
Just took delivery of my truck yesterday with B&O unleashed and the sliding window rattle is driving me crazy.... rattles when closed and a bit less when open but still rattles... if anyone finds a solution please share ... otherwise loving the truck so far

Sponsored

Leadfoot11

First Name
Reinhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 leadfoot grey lariat
Occupation
Physician
No more rattle.. wedged with a tongue depressor / ice cream stick. Not The perfect fix because it will fall out if I want to open the rear window but it's good for now
Ford F-150 Sliding Rear Window Rattle - Help! 743F3AB1-6BE8-4A8C-A3AD-BA6EA633238E

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
No more rattle.. wedged with a tongue depressor / ice cream stick. Not The perfect fix because it will fall out if I want to open the rear window but it's good for now
743F3AB1-6BE8-4A8C-A3AD-BA6EA633238E.jpeg
FYI... I want a sliding rear window but I DON'T want that weird little porthole window Ford is shipping these days so I talked to my local Autoglass guy and he told me horror stories about the new Ford Rear Windows. And he does all the OEM work for the local dealer so he knows....

Needless to say, I'll be getting a solid rear window and learning to like it.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
FYI... I want a sliding rear window but I DON'T want that weird little porthole window Ford is shipping these days so I talked to my local Autoglass guy and he told me horror stories about the new Ford Rear Windows. And he does all the OEM work for the local dealer so he knows....

Needless to say, I'll be getting a solid rear window and learning to like it.
What horror stories could there be with a little sliding window?
Sponsored