Sponsored

Sliding Rear Window Rattle - Help!

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Unless the window completely goes down like the tundras, I want no part of sliding windows. Between the rattles mentioned here and the 4+ leaks I had on my previous Sieverado, I'm going to order no slider.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Is this a problem with all cab styles? Just trying to narrow it down. If you add if it is a regular cab, super cab, or crew cab might help.

ekaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning,VolvoXC90T6, BMW1250RT
Occupation
Consultant
I have the B&O speakers. When I am driving with the rear sliding glass window open, the vibration from the speakers is causing the window to rattle so loud that its impossible to ignore. It is to the point that I can either have no music and drive with it open, or music and drive with it closed.

Does anyone else have this issue? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance!
Maybe a root cause, found this on youtube, defrost cable mount to window,
going to check my truck:

Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Replacing it.
True.

I was thinking about getting my rear window engraved. I talked to the local Auto Glass guy who does all the work for the dealerships about removing & replacing my rear window.

He flat out refused saying that R&R on these new rear windows is a nightmare.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
I had the same issue with mine, but the rattle came from the wire plus the windows itself.

Putting some tape on the wire solved that pretty easy. https://www.f150forum.com/f129/rear...e-located-question-others-504115/#post6977447

The whole window would rattle when closed as well. So I just shoved some thin weatherstip like strips inbetween the track and its frame to help that out. Solved it right away.

Before https://photos.app.goo.gl/LCo14nU2vJ17kGFL6

After https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZnRXpiuvMpH3EgnF6

Ford F-150 Sliding Rear Window Rattle - Help! 1641775522859

Ford F-150 Sliding Rear Window Rattle - Help! 1641775716411

Sponsored

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
Haas anyone tried putting Dynamat or some other kind of sound deadening material on the back wall of the cab around the subwoofer to try and stop the rattle? I haven't looked behind the seats yet to see how the subwoofer is actually installed, but it seems if you could stop the vibration at the source it might help this problem too. I only notice this on bass heavy songs at a certain frequency. It's not constant for me. Both my window and the power wire will rattle, but again only with louder bass heavy music.

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Haas anyone tried putting Dynamat or some other kind of sound deadening material on the back wall of the cab around the subwoofer to try and stop the rattle? I haven't looked behind the seats yet to see how the subwoofer is actually installed, but it seems if you could stop the vibration at the source it might help this problem too. I only notice this on bass heavy songs at a certain frequency. It's not constant for me. Both my window and the power wire will rattle, but again only with louder bass heavy music.
I’ve thought about that as well. I’m going to try and take a look at that this weekend and see. I have some Dynamat laying around. It’s annoying and I like my music!

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I didn’t like the Dynamat idea after looking at it so I tried wrapping that cloth tape length ways along the full length of the power cable and used 3-4 layers. That seemed to kill it as another solution.

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
I didn’t like the Dynamat idea after looking at it so I tried wrapping that cloth tape length ways along the full length of the power cable and used 3-4 layers. That seemed to kill it as another solution.
Thanks! I'll have to try it out. It's driving me nuts.

True North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-125 Ford One Gallon Flush Toilet
FYI... I want a sliding rear window but I DON'T want that weird little porthole window Ford is shipping these days so I talked to my local Autoglass guy and he told me horror stories about the new Ford Rear Windows. And he does all the OEM work for the local dealer so he knows....

Needless to say, I'll be getting a solid rear window and learning to like it.
An after market slider is a great idea. I also don't care for the appearance of the small factory window outside or the view in the rearview mirror so I ordered a XLT instead of a Lariat. Looks like I dodged one bullet from the mighty Ford Gatling gun. A small victory but I`ll take it.
GLTA
Sponsored