First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
Mine rattles when closed. Not open. Haven’t had the TSB done, but it’s annoying as hell 21 Limited.
Also, sunroof rubber squeaks when closed, when vented its fine. It’s the rubber inside that’s like zig zag.
I decided to do what the TSB suggested, but figured I could do it better than the average service person or at least as good. I happened to have some 1 inch wide hushmat quiet tape that I cut in half. Using plastic trim tools and a thin metal ruler to separate the extruded seal from the channel I just tucked the 1/16" thick tape up in the channel without attempting to actually removing the carrier exposing the adhesive on the tape. At about .062" thickness, it tucked in pretty tightly and doesn't need adhesive to hold it. In fact, it was a bit of a challenge when trying to squeeze it behind the little nubs that are spaced every few inches. My bass rattle was when the window was closed, so I only did the 13-14" where the window sits. I didn't have to wrap the heater cable. So far, it seems to have done the trick. I think anything you can stick in that space that is about 1/16th inch thick x 1/2" tall will do the trick.
Sponsored