Sponsored

Simply put, I want Eco Mode to be my default startup mode for my Power Boost.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Oh you stepped in it now. 😳

Just messing with ya.
I'm not a pilot, but I work in the industry and so lots of private jet trips over the past couple of decades. I consider choosing a mode as just part of the pre-flight check, if you know what I mean.

Besides, just to get in/out of the barn I have to use 4A and then switch back to 2WD if it's sunny out.

I rather enjoy all the amazing tech and choices available at my fingertips.
Sponsored

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
I will probably get flamed for this, but its turning a dial.

Are we getting so spoiled and so lazy that we bitch about sitting on a leather temp controlled seat, in a temp contolled cab, and cant turn a nob and touch a button?

Talk about first word problems. "I have to turn this dial? Are you kidding me?"
No flames here. Retaining the last drive mode used happens to be one of the more frequent topics on this forum, but we know yours is the only opinion that matters. ;)

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
No flames here. Retaining the last drive mode used happens to be one of the more frequent topics on this forum, but we know yours is the only opinion that matters. ;)
When did i say anything remotely close to my opinion is the only one that matters? Just voicing my opinion like everyone else.
Dont put words in my post that dont exist. Not cool.

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I get about .5 mpg better in regular mode vs eco (mixed driving). Also after using eco for an extended amount of time, my transmission started to hard shift more often. After clearing the trans tables and returning to regular mode, the transmission is smooth again. Could just be a one off, but I definitely attributed my rougher shifting to eco mode.
Have you had the transmission shift TSB done? I used to delete the shift tables every 2K. But since I had the TSB done it works great.

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
When did i say anything remotely close to my opinion is the only one that matters? Just voicing my opinion like everyone else.
Dont put words in my post that dont exist. Not cool.
Well you were right on the getting flamed part...I'm with you on first world problems. I like that it always comes to life in "Normal" mode so I don't have to remember where I left it last time I drove it. Also, winter driving conditions can change quickly so the condition can easily be completely different from drive to drive; coming up in "Normal" just makes sense and it is the mode I (and probably most people)use 90% of the time, anyway.

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Well you were right on the getting flamed part...I'm with you on first world problems. I like that it always comes to life in "Normal" mode so I don't have to remember where I left it last time I drove it. Also, winter driving conditions can change quickly so the condition can easily be completely different from drive to drive; coming up in "Normal" just makes sense and it is the mode I (and probably most people)use 90% of the time, anyway.
The way I see it is that it would be so easy for everyone to get what they want. Have 3 values for a setting: Always Default to X, Ask to use last mode, otherwise default to X, or Always use last mode.

Everyone wins as they could just default to the current way and people could tailor it to their needs

My wife has an explorer and she doesn't even get an option to keep the last mode on each start-up. It always starts up in Normal and she found this to be completely unintuitive. She assumed if she left it in Eco, then the next time she got in the car it would be in Eco.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Have you had the transmission shift TSB done? I used to delete the shift tables every 2K. But since I had the TSB done it works great.
No I haven’t, but I will bring it up next time I take it in for service. It’s been driving great lately so I’m almost afraid to do anything lol.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
I agree with the initial premise. But, I always want sport mode unless I need to select a different one.

All the same (y)

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Back in the day, I had manual transmissions. One of the vehicles I used to learn to drive was a 1949 International pickup. This was in the early 60's. 4 speed on the floor but it wasn't synchronized. No such thing as power steering either. :)
I also learned how to drive on the farm. 1953 International half ton, straight 6 with 3 on the tree, no syncro and double clutched it always. If it saw a water puddle it would stall.
Sponsored