• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Silverado EV reservations

RudeLightning

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning Platinum, 22' Bronco Badlands
I reserved right at 10:00am west coast time, went for the First Edition then I saw the $105,000.00 price tag, gulp.

Went back in and reserved a WT / RST model at 10:05am, felt much better about the $39,995.00 starting price. we'll see how this plays out and which reservation I want to keep.

Update: I reserved at two different delerships, both have already reached out to me with an email from the GM at one wanting to talk, and a phone call from the sales mgr of the other. I wish Ford would communicate better like Chevy, it's like pulling teeth to get a call back from my Ford dealer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Coopdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Toyota Tundra
I did as well! 76XXXX. Third reservation for me. Interested to see what that 400 mile work truck will cost.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
105k for another 100 miles of range and another 100 hp. All other important specs are basically the same when compared to the lighting w/ some new cute tricks here and there but otherwise the tech (important to me) is the same.

I reserved as well but I don't see my self filling this over the lightning at this point. Also why would you buy this over the new hummer that has seemly even more tricks for almost the same crazy high price?

shnax69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 XLT
Reserved the first minute for the Work truck general public version. Went with the biggest dealer in CA in hopes that makes it happen quicker although gen public work truck won't be for a while. Not completely sold I honestly think the second gen lighting will be the one to own when they have their independent body that gets away from the current f150, this Silverado is an improvement but Im not sure.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
105k for another 100 miles of range and another 100 hp. All other important specs are basically the same when compared to the lighting w/ some new cute tricks here and there but otherwise the tech (important to me) is the same.

I reserved as well but I don't see my self filling this over the lightning at this point. Also why would you buy this over the new hummer that has seemly even more tricks for almost the same crazy high price?
That extra 100HP really doesn't mean much given how much more the Silverado EV must weight. They both have the same 0-60 times.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I reserved at 1:00p on the nose. I think I was within the first minute.

I reserved a regular model, rst...not first edition. I like the 400mi range and the 350kw charging.(100mi in 10min is what they quoted). Everything else i like the Lightning better.

No way I could stomach $105k. Also, i better be able to get a decent truck with 400mi under 70k....otherwise I'll definitely stick with Ford.

Not too sure i like buying a "new" EV Chevy Avalanche...

GOP.EV.Driver

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla (x2)/Audi
I reserved right at 10:00am west coast time, went for the First Edition then I saw the $105,000.00 price tag, gulp.

Went back in and reserved a WT / RST model at 10:05am, felt much better about the $39,995.00 starting price. we'll see how this plays out and which reservation I want to keep.

Update: I reserved at two different delerships, both have already reached out to me with an email from the GM at one wanting to talk, and a phone call from the sales mgr of the other. I wish Ford would communicate better like Chevy, it's like pulling teeth to get a call back from my Ford dealer.
Same! Reserved two at different dealerships. One called. The other emailed. The emailed one is hilarious--they have the 2024 truck in stock and it's one of their best selling cars in the auto shop.
Ford F-150 Lightning Silverado EV reservations Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 11.04.44 AM

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I reserved one as well and just got a call from the dealership. He asked if I wanted to put down a $1000 deposit to secure my place at the front of the line and I politely declined. What kind of nonsense was that?

I don't think I was one of the first reservations as I had to google dealer reviews briefly before selecting one, yet my reservation starts with 612xxx. Maybe they are different as I reserved the first edition?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I watched a TFL mini-review of the specs of the truck, and it seems nice on paper. We have good range, and nice towing capabilities. However I feel that the interior is a bit sub-par, and looks lackluster. We personally have a 21 Bolt EV as well, and even though my wife is fine with it... I am not a big fan.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I reserved one as well and just got a call from the dealership. He asked if I wanted to put down a $1000 deposit to secure my place at the front of the line and I politely declined. What kind of nonsense was that?

I don't think I was one of the first reservations as I had to google dealer reviews briefly before selecting one, yet my reservation starts with 612xxx. Maybe they are different as I reserved the first edition?
Who knows how their system tracks or if people can change dealers which would negate you being 1st at the dealer in a year.

My Reservation ID: 161321 was probably within 30 seconds and for the regular model.

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Who knows how their system tracks or if people can change dealers which would negate you being 1st at the dealer in a year.

My Reservation ID: 161321 was probably within 30 seconds and for the regular model.
Not sure either but mine is 8113XX.

jaykoolzboy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai Ioniq&Kona, Honda FCV
Occupation
IT Consultant
The first edition is ugly and unattractive (just get the Hummer EV with 1000HP and extra tons of Torque for 20k more) . However the standard version looks promising , I'll put my name on those.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150

That was my experience when I reserved my lightning, the gm/sales manager/sales rep all reached out to me. They were excited about the truck.

GOP.EV.Driver

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla (x2)/Audi

Not sure either but mine is 8113XX.
My regular model is 054xxx and first edition is 028xxx.