Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I think the 5.0 with deactivation has been put on the back burner---okay by me.

Since I've been reading about oil consumption issues with the 5.0 recently, I'd be more interested in knowing if Ford has THAT issue handled.
None of my current vehicles use any oil between changes (5000 mi) and I don't even bother to check it anymore. To the point I forgot where the hood release is on the Ranger.

If my old worn out 307 from 1973 is not using any oil between changes, a brand new truck with any engine in it should not be using any between changes.

When I see some have posted (in other places) a lost of 3qts between changes, that is a lot of oil.
Don't care if the engine holds 8----should still be holding 8 at service time.

So--those that go to the 'preview', appreciate someone asking about that.
I will ask during my test drive! I really hope the people doing these have some info to share.
Sponsored

Tj@steeda

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Marketing
Would love to see their set-up ... please share photos!

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew Lariat Powerboost
how did you get this?

Sponsored

LaserDawg1981

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 ford mustang, 2015 ford edge
I was wondering for the people that are going to the event if you could please share how the gear shift works. I don't see a thing to unlock the shifter. So I was wondering if its traditional or if its like jeep and you flick the shifter to shift though the gears.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I was wondering for the people that are going to the event if you could please share how the gear shift works. I don't see a thing to unlock the shifter. So I was wondering if its traditional or if its like jeep and you flick the shifter to shift though the gears.
I’ll let you know!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
how did you get this?
I have signed up for several different brochures (F150 2020 and 2021) on the Ford website and I also signed up for Ford test drive event in Atlanta. Just making sure they have my email and know I'm looking to but a truck soon.

I've did this in 2015 and it work, then also 2018 it didn't and now it did for 2021.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Three locations in San Antonio the last week of this month.
(NorthPark Mall, Ingram Mall, Trader Village)
I signed up for two different locations just for sport and amusement.
I'm rural and one of those is relatively close to my home

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
For the console mounted shifter, it engages via a button to you press on the front of it (portion facing the dash) and then pulling it to the desired gear. To manually shift gears, you press the “M” button on the console then use the + and - buttons.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can clarify further.

Ford F-150 Sign Up For 2021 F-150 Test Drives Here C7C37492-2CE9-4B62-8386-4804314384CE

LaserDawg1981

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For the console mounted shifter, it engages via a button to you press on the front of it (portion facing the dash) and then pulling it to the desired gear. To manually shift gears, you press the “M” button on the console then use the + and - buttons.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can clarify further.

C7C37492-2CE9-4B62-8386-4804314384CE.jpeg
Thanks. I just didn't know because I never saw a button to engage it. I am glad they are not doing the stupid dial.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks. I just didn't know because I never saw a button to engage it. I am glad they are not doing the stupid dial.
Yeah, me too. For the way I sat in the truck, the console shifter was the perfect place to rest my hand when not at “10 and 2”!

LaserDawg1981

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got another question if someone feels like asking. Are they going to do other states for the test drives or just stay down south?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got another question if someone feels like asking. Are they going to do other states for the test drives or just stay down south?
I didn’t get exact cities and states, but the representatives on site told me the event was a cross country tour that where they would be on the road at least forty-five days. I would hope they would spread it out so the most people possible could come out and try.
Sponsored