Side mirror repair on Powerboost Lariat

AussieSteveGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.innov8.ag
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat Crew Cab
So my F250 psgr side mirror had a close encounter with a parking garage post. The external housing is fine; the mirror itself is barely hanging from a couple of pieces of plastic used to change the mirror angle. Body shop says I need to replace the entire mirror housing for $1250 + labor. Seems like overkill to me; just need to re-attach the mirror to the plastic mounts and (possibly) replace the plastic mounts.

Thoughts? Is there a reasonable way to go about this w/o replacing the entire thing?
Ford F-150 Side mirror repair on Powerboost Lariat 7BC7E7A0-C6DB-4227-87A9-DF4862CA9938

Ford F-150 Side mirror repair on Powerboost Lariat D4A5F8F5-F281-40F8-BFA3-4442E21A5DAA
Sponsored

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
The mirrors have 4 bolts?? and a connector to remove. It is all located under the sortof triangular cover on inside of door that pops off. You can order a new mirror and change it yourself in 15 minutes for way less than the money they are quoting. In fact some people have changed out their stock mirrors for trailer mirrors and only spent a few hundred bucks for a new pair. Maybe someone will have a good mirror to sell you. Don't let that body shop screw you! Price out a new one at Ford parts counter but make sure you are clear what options are on it like blindspot display, heated, puddle lights, etc as there are a few different mirrors that go on these trucks. Might be Ebay mirrors available cheap that are import copies. Good luck!!!

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
Dumb question - can you just pop it back in and have it hold? I caught another mirror with mine and the glass popped out and was left hanging by the cables. I just lined it up and pressed it back in and it held, but none of the fasteners were broken on mine - the mirror just came unclipped.

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
My 2018 XL had power mirrors without temp sensor on the passenger side, from Ford it was $274, and 10 minutes later I was on my way.

My wife was driving; stopped at a red light this morning and the LEFT GREEN ARROW came up and POP! a left turner smacked the mirror, AND DROVE OFF. :mad: The mirror spun around and it did no visible damage but our 2021 XLT has lane keep, BLIS and based on the VIN our mirror will cost $675!!! with all the sensors and cameras in there I want to have it right so that the truck is safe the mirror is said to have --"LH, Black, 10/12/2020, F150, With Spot Light, Rear View Camera-Fixed, Dual Power Htd Signal Mirrors "

My question is, does the camera need to be calibrated to the lane keep or BLIS?

OP
OP
AussieSteveGuy

AussieSteveGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.innov8.ag
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat Crew Cab