First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Occupation
Auto
i have a 21 f150 with 1100 miles. when driving yesterday about 40mph it suddenly felt like i was driving over rumble strips. growling/vibration. pulled over and then started driving and it was gone. happened twice then was fine . never used the 4wd or locking rear yet. any ideas? i looked for tsbs on line
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
i have a 21 f150 with 1100 miles. when driving yesterday about 40mph it suddenly felt like i was driving over rumble strips. growling/vibration. pulled over and then started driving and it was gone. happened twice then was fine . never used the 4wd or locking rear yet. any ideas? i looked for tsbs on line
Hello, Paul!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this grind noise issue. Thanks!

jtnhf150

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
i have a 21 f150 with less than 500 miles. In the last week I have had the same growling/vibration at 35-45 MPH. Has happened three times and I also pulled over and then started driving and it was gone. I have never used the 4wd or locking rear yet. any ideas? I guess I will try the local dealership and see what they say.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
i have a 21 f150 with less than 500 miles. In the last week I have had the same growling/vibration at 35-45 MPH. Has happened three times and I also pulled over and then started driving and it was gone. I have never used the 4wd or locking rear yet. any ideas? I guess I will try the local dealership and see what they say.
Hi there! Please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location. I'd like to look into this concern for you.

Sponsored

Kepple319

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 2.7
Occupation
Prison Guard
My 21 has done this on three occasions. No idea what it is but seems to only last 3-5 seconds then goes away. Pretty furious though as this truck also has been having an intermittent “trailer brake system fault. And the dash is reading 15% better mpg than hand calculated. This is my third f150 in a row with problems early. Unreal maybe time to switch…

itsdchz

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost FX4 XLT with Stuff
Are we 100% sure this is not the lane drift warning vibration you are feeling? If you are new to the vehicle, it could easily be confused as a shudder described by members of this thread. Just checking, to be sure.

OhioVic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4
Occupation
Field Engineer
I also have the shudder problem on occasion.
2021 2.7 EBoost. FX4/Sport
Truck was delivered late October 2021.
Have noticed it 3-4 times. One time was very severe.
This truck is an extra vehicle at this time so it only has about 900 miles on it.
It seems like there a lot of complaints about this with no real resolution.

Just wanted to add my voice to the issue.

Thanks,
Vic

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I also have the shudder problem on occasion.
2021 2.7 EBoost. FX4/Sport
Truck was delivered late October 2021.
Have noticed it 3-4 times. One time was very severe.
This truck is an extra vehicle at this time so it only has about 900 miles on it.
It seems like there a lot of complaints about this with no real resolution.

Just wanted to add my voice to the issue.

Thanks,
Vic
Hello Vic! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to see how I can assist you on my end.

Sponsored

Kepple319

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 2.7
Occupation
Prison Guard
I don’t think it’s the lane drift warning because it doesn’t shake the steering wheel and it literally sounds like you’re running over rumble strips, but running over the Rumble strips at a very high speed. It has a higher pitch sound

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
Does anyone get alerts in FordPass app after it happens?

wilmaj32

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
I also have the shutter but at highway speeds when accelerating or climbing a hill. Mostly on cruise control but happens without it as well. Almost like the truck is not down shifting when required. To me it feels like when you are driving a standard transmission and you are in to high of a gear. almost like a cavitation. Ford has no remedy. I have been locking out 9th and 10th gear on the highway. That is the only way the shutter is not there.

bgip5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Was there any resolution to this issue? Mine did it when I was trying to switch to sport mode and it ended up in tow mode which engaged 4wd. Went to sport and 2h came on and it started. Pulled over to stop and went away when Istarted back driving

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Was there any resolution to this issue? Mine did it when I was trying to switch to sport mode and it ended up in tow mode which engaged 4wd. Went to sport and 2h came on and it started. Pulled over to stop and went away when Istarted back driving
Hey there. I can look into your F-150’s shudder concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Sponsored