Sponsored

Should I have my VIN by now?

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good man Antimatter.

So without going into my sob story that so many here have, any info you can tell me about mine? Ordered mid April and still have no VIN.

All I have is an order number. 9859, Mac Haik Ford in Houston.

Thank you in advance!
Unscheduled Clean Priority 02
Dealer Code F52031
Order Number 9859
Sponsored

OP
OP

Morinvok

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 f150 xlt, 2021 f150 lariat powerstroke (soon,
@Antimatter Tremor quite a few people in the 8/2 build week thread got pushed back, you able to check if I'm one of em?

VIN: 1FTFW1E17MFC35319
Order: L21C

mkinttrim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 4x4 501a
Occupation
retired
Took me about 5 weeks to get a VIN, ordered May 15, still not in production.

Sponsored

sk8erdh36

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Escape, 2021 F-150 (ordered)
I ordered 6/15 and getting the runaround from my dealer. They are still saying no VIN, but idk. I told them once they give me the VIN I will stop pestering them. I hope they are actually looking into it everytime, but other things have made me weary.

OP
OP

Morinvok

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered 6/15 and getting the runaround from my dealer. They are still saying no VIN, but idk. I told them once they give me the VIN I will stop pestering them. I hope they are actually looking into it everytime, but other things have made me weary.
I believe 4 or 5 weeks right now is pretty normal. I was about 9 from when I was at the dealer doing the build, which is why it was so sus

sk8erdh36

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Escape, 2021 F-150 (ordered)
I believe 4 or 5 weeks right now is pretty normal. I was about 9 from when I was at the dealer doing the build, which is why it was so sus
Yea, and that's fine. I actually don't mind waiting at all. I just haven't gotten the best vibes after ordering from some of the people I've interacted with. Almost like I am a bother and I have only been in there 2 times; once every 3-4 weeks or so.

Neuby77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 f150, 2003 cobra
Basically just signed a printout of the build and price from online from what I can tell. I have a copy but not with me atm
So I ordered a Lariat on June 6 and same deal, I just signed a printout of the build and gave them a small deposit. I haven’t even received an email from Ford with any information regarding my truck. I’ve called the dealer a few times and he says it’s completely normal but it seems like the people on this site are getting some sort of confirmation within a week.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Morinvok

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I ordered a Lariat on June 6 and same deal, I just signed a printout of the build and gave them a small deposit. I haven’t even received an email from Ford with any information regarding my truck. I’ve called the dealer a few times and he says it’s completely normal but it seems like the people on this site are getting some sort of confirmation within a week.
I had to put 1k down. But yeah, that was my issue too. Like dude I'm spending 75k on this thing, calling once a month to give me an update even if it's just "hey man, we still don't know anything yet" seems like the least they could do. But once it was confirmed that they were withholding info and lying about it, I really wish I would've went elsewhere. Can't cancel now tho cause mine is a powerstroke and it's past the deadline for ordering them before they're phased out

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
@Antimatter Tremor,

I had ordered my King Ranch on 5/1, switched to a Antimatter Platinum (strangely it was cheaper and I got more) on 5/28, and then changed my order to include the Continuous Controlled Dampening on 7/9. Have not heard back from my dealer. Can you check: Order code N058 with Sales Code F72018 ordered from The Ford Store San Leandro?

If this goes on into September, I may switch over to the Lightning.

Rob

Last edited:

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Hey all,
Ordered a lariat sport powerstroke back in late April and dealer recently told me I have an 8/2 build date when I called to check up on it. I've noticed some people seem to get their VINs right away, yet I still have not been provided one. Is this normal? Is the dealer pulling something shady/doing something incorrectly in my case? Never ordered a custom vehicle like this before so I'm not really sure what to expect at this point.
it took me 3 months to get a VIN. BUT if you have a build date, you have a VIN. Cannot have one without the other.
Sponsored