Sponsored

Shopping For a new Lariat. Advice on options

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I purposely avoided the moonroof, as like you, I would rarely use it, and long term, a moonroof is likely to cause issues, either mechanical, or leaks. The power tailgate is totally unnecessary , and again, long term, more potential issues. I would never order a 4x4 without the electric locking differential, it makes no sense to pay for 4x4, and then only have one rear wheel driving.
Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I purposely avoided the moonroof, as like you, I would rarely use it, and long term, a moonroof is likely to cause issues, either mechanical, or leaks. The power tailgate is totally unnecessary , and again, long term, more potential issues. I would never order a 4x4 without the electric locking differential, it makes no sense to pay for 4x4, and then only have one rear wheel driving.
Personally I love the moonroof and power tailgate. Really glad I have those options.

shembree

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport Powerboost
After owning the 3.5 Ecoboost, 5.0 V8, and now the Powerboost, I will tell you the Powerboost is far and away the best option. Power and torque are great, and I'm still getting 20 mpg on a 4" lift with 34's.

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
It has the standard B&O upgrade, but there's a further upgrade to one with like 19 speakers (including in the headrest). It's like $700 more and I've heard mixed reviews on whether it was worth it or that the regular B&O upgrade was worth it.

EDIT: It's called the B&O "Unleashed" system.
I have the B&O Unleashed Option in my 502A Lariat. Sounds good, a lot better than the normal set up. However, I do have a few pet peeves. First, the volume only goes up to 30. Now, that may seem trivial but in some instances I could use a bit more volume. In other cases, if you turn the volume up all the way and the music has a lot of heavy bass it rattles behind the passenger rear seat.
Would like to see more options for volume and equalization of the sound.
Also note, the sound from the speakers in the headrests is underwhelming and more gimmicky than anything else in my opinion.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Aenemia

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Fusion, shopping for '21-22 Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
After owning the 3.5 Ecoboost, 5.0 V8, and now the Powerboost, I will tell you the Powerboost is far and away the best option. Power and torque are great, and I'm still getting 20 mpg on a 4" lift with 34's.
Yea, I'm leaning towards PB... particularly looking at current gas prices and seeing real world MPG with the V8 and the PB.

I found one I really liked... but actually had more options than I wanted and the dealership was only willing to go $1500 off MSRP, so I had to pass.

OzzieSr

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Lariat Sport 502A
As I understand it, all that should be included with the copilot 2.0 active. It's the package where it will park for you and will receive an update down the road for semi-autonomous driving.
Think you need copilot 2.0 active PREP for front sensors and active park assist. Its a shame the copilot 2.0 active pkg itself doesn't include front sensors. In any event, the front camera will warn of collision detection in front, but will not let you know if you're about to hit the guard rail when parking.

CMC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor 402A (ordered)
On the build & price tool, the Lariat front bumper turns from body color to chrome when the Co-pilot ACTIVE 2.0 prep is added, however, I've seen production photos where the front bumper actually remained body colored. Does anybody know if the switch to chrome on the build & price tool is just an online quirk or if fronts sensors definitely make the front bumper chrome on a Lariat?

I want to add the front sensors but they don't come standard with the 502A package. I'd also like to keep the front bumper as body color rather than chrome though.

OP
OP

Aenemia

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
On the build & price tool, the Lariat front bumper turns from body color to chrome when the Co-pilot ACTIVE 2.0 prep is added, however, I've seen production photos where the front bumper actually remained body colored. Does anybody know if the switch to chrome on the build & price tool is just an online quirk or if fronts sensors definitely make the front bumper chrome on a Lariat?

I want to add the front sensors but they don't come standard with the 502A package. I'd also like to keep the front bumper as body color rather than chrome though.
I'm like 99% sure it's a bug in the B&P tool. It was doing it to me today too, but then I went back and changed the order of how I selected options and it remained body colored (as long as I had the sport appearance package picked, obviously).

Reactions: CMC
OP
OP

Aenemia

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Think you need copilot 2.0 active PREP for front sensors and active park assist. Its a shame the copilot 2.0 active pkg itself doesn't include front sensors. In any event, the front camera will warn of collision detection in front, but will not let you know if you're about to hit the guard rail when parking.
The co-pilot active 2.0 includes the active park assist.
Ford F-150 Shopping For a new Lariat. Advice on options 1626124748197

Sponsored

OzzieSr

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Lariat Sport 502A
The co-pilot active 2.0 includes the active park assist.
1626124748197.png
Ahh, forgot the diff between CAN vs US co-pilot pkgs. In CAN you needed to upgrade to the PREP 2.0 to get the park assist and sensors

OP
OP

Aenemia

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ahh, forgot the diff between CAN vs US co-pilot pkgs. In CAN you needed to upgrade to the PREP 2.0 to get the park assist and sensors
Yea, on the window sticker, that option will say PREP next to it because it's not fully enabled yet. It's waiting for an OTA upgrade later this year... but active park assist included under it.

Ford F-150 Shopping For a new Lariat. Advice on options 1626200726927
Sponsored