Shifter Noise

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I have had my truck going on 3 weeks. Recently it has seemed to me that the shifter clicking sound is louder than I remember. Anyone else notice a louder click than normal? Maybe I’m losing it..lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Asphaltman

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Mine is exactly the same as yours, very annoying.
I must have been so excited for the truck that I didn't pay attention, but it seems louder as of recent. Annoying for sure.

Mnfirechief

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Fire Chief
I just noticed a clicking noise when shifting into any gear in my brand new F150 Hybrid. It goes away again when placed in park. Headed to the dealer on Monday to get it fixed if it holds together. Only 1500 miles on the truck.

ImMrKeith

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I have had my truck going on 3 weeks. Recently it has seemed to me that the shifter clicking sound is louder than I remember. Anyone else notice a louder click than normal? Maybe I’m losing it..lol.
Mine seems to do the same thing lately. I've had mine about a month now. It seems to come and go for now. I was gonna take it in but then it stopped. So I'm not sure what to do yet about it. Reading this forum may lead to a path to take to check out why it makes that sound.

Sponsored

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
There's a new TSB that just came out (21-2141) related to the shifter. It does mention clicking noise and there are two suggested actions. One is reprogramming the GSM and the other is replacing it should it have issues after the software is updated.

Attachments

Mnfirechief

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Fire Chief
There's a new TSB that just came out (21-2141) related to the shifter. It does mention clicking noise and there are two suggested actions. One is reprogramming the GSM and the other is replacing it should it have issues after the software is updated.
Thanks for the lead. My new truck is at the dealer today and so far...crickets. I have given them this TSB info.

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
MyF150 is at the Dealer waiting for a new updated Console shifter kit.
Mine was stuck in drive.

Aaronx89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hello All,

Any updates with the console shifter? This is the only thread I could find doing the exact same thing mine just started doing.

Sponsored

HateFone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My 2021 F150 started making that exact noise. Though rarely, it does return to its original smoothness.

My dealership said that it isn't reproducible (tho it is CLEARLY there) and it isnt causing any issues, so they have no reason to "fix" it.

Last edited:

KChawkeye02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Have the same issue as OP. Was butter smooth when I bought it, now it clicks loudly. I think it started when I opened the door in drive one day, and it automatically went to Park by design. Ever since then it's been loud. Will ask for the TSB next time I take it in. Will do all the recalls, and a couple TSBs.

HateFone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Please do not abandon this thread after you finish with TSBs/recalls.

KChawkeye02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Dealer said they "cannot reproduce issue" with shifter, TSB not applied. Will have to wait until it breaks I guess. Or replace it myself.