Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Shelby American's 2021 F-150 offers 775 supercharged horses
Even the naturally aspirated model will set you back six figures
Byron Hurd
Ford F-150 Shelby American 2021 F-150 Debuts with 775 Horsepower shelby-f150-1

Shelby American showed off its 2021 Shelby F-150 Thursday, capitalizing on this year's Ford F-150 redesign with some new hardware and a little more power from its available supercharger.

The 2021 Shelby F-150 isn't really much different on paper from last year's models. Apart from the upgrades Ford baked into its 2021 redesign, the Shelby model gets a slight bump in power – up to 775 horses (on 93 octane) from the 2020 Shelby F-150 and Super Snake's "mere" 770 – along with a revised suspension and all the other goodies you've come to expect from a Shelby custom.

"With the growing demand for our muscle trucks worldwide, we spent the past year carefully improving and engineering our Shelby off-road version of the tough new Ford F-150," Shelby American Vice President of Operations Vince LaViolette said in the announcement. "The refinement designed into it is unprecedented in our history. Building upon the advancements that Ford designed into the F-150, we created the most capable, enjoyable and sophisticated off-road truck to wear the Shelby nameplate."

Without the supercharger, you only get the 5.0-liter V8's 395 horsepower, but you still benefit from an off-road suspension tuned similarly to that of Ford's own F-150 Raptor (including internal-bypass Fox shocks) and an interior package that includes two-tone Shelby seat leather and branded floor mats. Outside, it gets a unique body kit and ram-air style hood.

Shelby American only plans to build a relatively small number of 2021 F-150s and you can be one of the lucky few if you're willing to part with a cool $107,080 before the optional blower, which pushes you up to $114,980. Don't worry; that includes the price of the F-150 Lariat 4x4 model on which it's based. Yeah, it's still expensive.

Ford F-150 Shelby American 2021 F-150 Debuts with 775 Horsepower shelby-f150-3-2

Ford F-150 Shelby American 2021 F-150 Debuts with 775 Horsepower shelby-f150-2

Ford F-150 Shelby American 2021 F-150 Debuts with 775 Horsepower shelby-f150-4
Sponsored

Momo

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lexus RX, 2008 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Shelby American's 2021 F-150 offers 775 supercharged horses
Even the naturally aspirated model will set you back six figures
Byron Hurd
shelby-f150-1.jpg

Shelby American showed off its 2021 Shelby F-150 Thursday, capitalizing on this year's Ford F-150 redesign with some new hardware and a little more power from its available supercharger.

The 2021 Shelby F-150 isn't really much different on paper from last year's models. Apart from the upgrades Ford baked into its 2021 redesign, the Shelby model gets a slight bump in power – up to 775 horses (on 93 octane) from the 2020 Shelby F-150 and Super Snake's "mere" 770 – along with a revised suspension and all the other goodies you've come to expect from a Shelby custom.

"With the growing demand for our muscle trucks worldwide, we spent the past year carefully improving and engineering our Shelby off-road version of the tough new Ford F-150," Shelby American Vice President of Operations Vince LaViolette said in the announcement. "The refinement designed into it is unprecedented in our history. Building upon the advancements that Ford designed into the F-150, we created the most capable, enjoyable and sophisticated off-road truck to wear the Shelby nameplate."

Without the supercharger, you only get the 5.0-liter V8's 395 horsepower, but you still benefit from an off-road suspension tuned similarly to that of Ford's own F-150 Raptor (including internal-bypass Fox shocks) and an interior package that includes two-tone Shelby seat leather and branded floor mats. Outside, it gets a unique body kit and ram-air style hood.

Shelby American only plans to build a relatively small number of 2021 F-150s and you can be one of the lucky few if you're willing to part with a cool $107,080 before the optional blower, which pushes you up to $114,980. Don't worry; that includes the price of the F-150 Lariat 4x4 model on which it's based. Yeah, it's still expensive.

shelby-f150-3-2.jpg

shelby-f150-2.jpg

shelby-f150-4.jpg
Mr Administrator. There is something about this just doesn’t feel right. Thousands & thousands of loyal Ford customers are getting tired and a little prickly because they’re waiting month after month for their trucks to be completed and delivered. Maybe it’s just me but “what kinda company“ ask their loyal customers to be patient, there is a chip shortage. Then, while everyone is waiting, Ford comes out with a new line and says hey for $100K+ you can get one. Excuse me, did we just get dick slapped? Am I taking this wrong? I think even proposing this is insulting to its customer Base. How Ford has handled this whole chip shortage will be studied & taught in business schools for years to come and it won’t be pretty

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
Mr Administrator. There is something about this just doesn’t feel right. Thousands & thousands of loyal Ford customers are getting tired and a little prickly because they’re waiting month after month for their trucks to be completed and delivered. Maybe it’s just me but “what kinda company“ ask their loyal customers to be patient, there is a chip shortage. Then, while everyone is waiting, Ford comes out with a new line and says hey for $100K+ you can get one. Excuse me, did we just get dick slapped? Am I taking this wrong? I think even proposing this is insulting to its customer Base. How Ford has handled this whole chip shortage will be studied & taught in business schools for years to come and it won’t be pretty
It’s not a Ford product. Shelby I’m sure has a contract for X number of trucks this year, probably “bought” these trucks before any retail orders given their contract (similar to government etc) and they upfit them whenever the truck comes in and they have someone willing to pay them for the Super Snake.
no need to get worked up. ?

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Nice truck, too expensive for my taste but for people with money to blow I say go for it!! Indeed this will be one truck that should retain its value fairly well. If you got a spare $115k.

Sponsored

Momo

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lexus RX, 2008 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
It’s not a Ford product. Shelby I’m sure has a contract for X number of trucks this year, probably “bought” these trucks before any retail orders given their contract (similar to government etc) and they upfit them whenever the truck comes in and they have someone willing to pay them for the Super Snake.
no need to get worked up. ?
well now that makes more sense & also makes a fool of me. I knew there were 3rd Party companies that would take manufacturers vehicles and modify them to resell to the public but for some reas I was under the impression that Ford owned Shelby. The Statement I made seems to be in error & I apologize. You can tell I’m not a gear head.
Sponsored