Sponsored

Severely mistreated, criminally insulted, completely frustrated- an update to my saga

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I've been dealing with this same issue since February 2022. The latest is waiting for a new APIM. My truck was manufactured in 12/2020. The APIM is on backorder.
Sponsored

OP
OP

1973Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat F-150 Powerboost
I've been dealing with this same issue since February 2022. The latest is waiting for a new APIM. My truck was manufactured in 12/2020. The APIM is on backorder.
I finally got some traction when I started emailing C level executives. They won’t reply but they forward to manager/ higher level CS people.

It’s still not done and they’re still being dicks but I got a new APIM and BCM so they must have done something in the background to expedite the parts.

Just google Ford Executives and start emailing them. I emailed the CEO, CMO, COO, and CMO I think. Not positive it was a while ago but just google Ford executives and send them all emails.

F150Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
So, I thought remote start didn’t start either but there is actually a specific process you have to follow to make it work. I believe you have to press the door lock once and then remote start. Press more than once it won’t work. I also think you have to press lock even if it’s already locked.

I actually just figured this out right before I dropped off my truck so it’s been about a month an it’s hazy.
Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try.

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I just sent an email to the top execs at Ford. Hopefully they will listen.

Sponsored

KJLars

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Sport 4x4
Occupation
retired
This is typical Ford. Mine is a 2021 F150 XLT Sport. I upgraded the small outside mirrors to Ford powered Tow mirrors but needed the door harness changed since the installed harness did not include the wiring for the powered mirrors. The dealer said the harnesses were not available but I decided to keep the mirrors, all I needed were the part numbers for later use but the dealer was not sure which harness I needed. I also contacted Ford's Customer Service VP and got a call several weeks later from Karen who said she would have the issue looked into. Several weeks later I got a call that the upgrade was not possible. While traveling home, we were on vacation, I stopped at a dealer to have the truck serviced who took less that 5 minutes to get the part numbers and let me know they were available and that was all what was needed to add power to the mirrors; they had done this upgrade before. I ordered the harnesses thru my home dealer as the order would take 4-5 days to arrive; we did not want to stay that long where we were. The harnesses arrived at my home dealer and I am now waiting for my local dealer appointment who said they can install them; want to let the dealer do the install as the fellow at Ford I was contacted by said the upgrade would cancel my warranty. (???) The harnesses are a simple plug and play install so should not take long. This should not have been this hard. The difference between the no-power and power harnesses is two wires about 4 feet long and a plug; go figure why Ford has two harnesses; save a few pennies?

OP
OP

1973Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try.
I don’t have the truck to test but I believe SGlide05 is correct. Lock once, remote start twice. I did notice though, at least with mine, if you lock more than once, and then do the two presses for remote start, it won’t start. It has to be the specific pattern they set. I think I found it in the manual.

Sponsored

OP
OP

1973Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is typical Ford. Mine is a 2021 F150 XLT Sport. I upgraded the small outside mirrors to Ford powered Tow mirrors but needed the door harness changed since the installed harness did not include the wiring for the powered mirrors. The dealer said the harnesses were not available but I decided to keep the mirrors, all I needed were the part numbers for later use but the dealer was not sure which harness I needed. I also contacted Ford's Customer Service VP and got a call several weeks later from Karen who said she would have the issue looked into. Several weeks later I got a call that the upgrade was not possible. While traveling home, we were on vacation, I stopped at a dealer to have the truck serviced who took less that 5 minutes to get the part numbers and let me know they were available and that was all what was needed to add power to the mirrors; they had done this upgrade before. I ordered the harnesses thru my home dealer as the order would take 4-5 days to arrive; we did not want to stay that long where we were. The harnesses arrived at my home dealer and I am now waiting for my local dealer appointment who said they can install them; want to let the dealer do the install as the fellow at Ford I was contacted by said the upgrade would cancel my warranty. (???) The harnesses are a simple plug and play install so should not take long. This should not have been this hard. The difference between the no-power and power harnesses is two wires about 4 feet long and a plug; go figure why Ford has two harnesses; save a few pennies?
We’re you just saying the Karen part or did we both really speak to the same lady?

Was she helpful? My first call was super supportive and felt like she really cared and was going to help. After that she turned super aggressive, nasty, and unresponsive. She’s stopped helping or returning my calls.

Thor’s Stormboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew Area-51
I read your story and i am floored that Ford is treating you this way. I feel your pain. I ordered my platinum on Jan 30, 2021, and finally received it on August 12, 2021. The first month was great as i had no issues with the truck. In October 2021 the issues began. I owned the truck for 9 months and it spent nearly 60 days in the service shop. They finally said it was the complete wiring harness and in May 2022, I finally was fed up and had Ford repurchase the truck as it fell into the scope of the NM Lemon law.

I ordered another Platinum on Jul 18, 2022 as the order lines opened back up and now i await the build of another vehicle. Everything went smooth up to the ordering of the truck, when Ford stated they would place it at the highest priority they could. My Dealer placed a priority 10 on the reorder and i called ford and asked what priority would they be placing it on and they told me that was the highest priority they could give a vehicle.

Seemed a bit odd that the dealer can place the highest priority on the reorder and that ford could not make it any higher. I talked with my dealer and they said Ford is lying as they can place a priority 2 on the order. I trust my dealer as they have been amazing through this whole process. My dealer stated as soon as my truck is scheduled to be built that they will contact their Ford representative and see if they can get a higher priority than 10.

If my new truck turns out to be a lemon again this time i will hire a lawyer this time because i have been without a vehicle for a long time and i am it has become a difficult.

All i can say is good luck and i truly hope everything's works out.
Dod you go through BBB? It sounds like you had a good replacement experience with ordering can you explain (maybe in a PM) how the process went for you? I’m in a similar process, and want to hear how it went for other people as I’m debating ordering a replacement as it’s the only way I don’t pay market adjustment nonsense on ANY other vehicle if I went the repurchase route.

Who are you

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
@Thor’s Stormboost

I personally started with Ford, then the BBB but in my case they both are about useless. The BBB is just an arbitrator Ford decided on way back when and only handle very specific cases for the buyback and will try and get an agreeable solution without Ford buying back the vehicle.

What they will do is get Ford to send you and Engineer and offer $1000 if the issues "go away" If the issues persist you wont get the money and you have to wait 60 days after the Engineer is done as well as the initial 45 days to schedule the engineer before you can submit the next step.

Maybe your case is different but just a heads up

@Ford Motor Company

Infidex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
We’re you just saying the Karen part or did we both really speak to the same lady?

Was she helpful? My first call was super supportive and felt like she really cared and was going to help. After that she turned super aggressive, nasty, and unresponsive. She’s stopped helping or returning my calls.
Curious what happened with your situation, seemed like messages kind of stopped (which usually means you got it solved or your in litigation with Ford now). Let us know.