Sponsored

Setting-up FordPass/Sync4, etc., before delivery.

jpmtz

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
I plan on inspecting everything before I take possession of my truck (sometime before Christmas, maybe (ordered 3/29)); rusted rear-end, cameras, window operation, lighting, etc. And the Sync4 and FordPass app.

Question: does it take very long connecting and running through some of the functions in these? Like checking to see if some of the Sync4 and FordPass functions actually work(?)

Question: which functions are must haves? I want to make sure this stuff is working before I drive it off the lot.

Thanks
Sponsored

Rich1982

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT/302A
Occupation
Semi retired
I plan on inspecting everything before I take possession of my truck (sometime before Christmas, maybe (ordered 3/29)); rusted rear-end, cameras, window operation, lighting, etc. And the Sync4 and FordPass app.

Question: does it take very long connecting and running through some of the functions in these? Like checking to see if some of the Sync4 and FordPass functions actually work(?)

Question: which functions are must haves? I want to make sure this stuff is working before I drive it off the lot.

Thanks
My dealer took my phone and set up the app for me during the delivery - took about 5mins
as for must have features - I use it rarely but have checked air pressure a couple times - :cool:

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Maybe the Remote Lock/Unlock/Engine Start

It is going to be hard to test ProPower monitor if you don't have anything to create load plugged into the truck.

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
There's not "a lot" to test in the FordPass app. It's great at what it does...but it makes for a short checklist.

There are a couple of things that report (one way data, no interaction) -
  • Odometer, fuel level (& distance to empty), oil life, and tire PSI.
  • ProPower readout if the truck has something plugged into the electrical outlets.
  • Vehicle location should appear on the map tab.

As far as the interactive features -
  • Lock/unlock & start/stop.
  • Zone lighting.
  • Trailer lighting test sequence (if a trailer is attached).
  • Scheduled remote start (I don't think there's an option to schedule anywhere else, even from the touchscreen).
Sync4 is a bit trickier to list. There are a lot of features. Only issue I have encountered is my XM radio channel resetting when the MyView / gauge cluster configurations reset. That's not a Sync4 thing (and it's random). But read up on that "quirk" if that's news to you.

...hoping there's a software fix for that before you take delivery!
Sponsored