Sponsored

Set default AC system mode to recirculate?

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
On my 2021 F-150 Lariat each time I start it the AC reverts back to "fresh" air vs. the last setting of "recirculate" Is there a way to set the default to the recirculate setting?
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
You will soon discover that recirculate will even turn itself off while you are driving.

Ford’s manual says it’s to prevent the windows from fogging up.

I am sure that’s a big problem in Florida, just like it is here in AZ! :p

OP
OP
NY Cowboy

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
You will soon discover that recirculate will even turn itself off while you are driving.

Ford’s manual says it’s to prevent the windows from fogging up.

I am sure that’s a big problem in Florida, just like it is here in AZ! :p
MY 2009 Lariat was kept on the recirculate setting and it never fogged up? This drives me crazy....but I am loving the new one over my 09 model. I wonder if the Floscan program can address this?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I only have half a tank through the truck. So far, the recirculate has turned off at the absolute worst moments.

Driving around the scenic back roads, it doesn’t shut off, even though; normally I would roll down the windows on a nice day.

I don’t see why a tiny module couldn’t be made that would go between the button and the computer that knows when you want it on or off, really though, hopefully there will be a way to program it out. Though I don’t think anyone has for the previous generation.

My truck had recirculate on when I just started it up. Max AC was on and historically, all Max AC usually is is recirculate.

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
In the Arizona summer heat, both of my existing Fords stay in recirculate most of the time when it is very hot out. I have never had a hint of window fogging while doing so. I hope this gets resolved before the severe heat arrives.
Sponsored